• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War and Call of Duty part of the reason for High On Life delay

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
capsule_616x353.jpg

High On Life was scheduled to launch into Xbox Game Pass on October 25th, but was pushed back a little to December 13th; one reason for this seems to be how busy October was for the launch of other big titles.

"October's crowded — it's really crowded," High On Life's chief creative officer and art director Mikey Spano told GamesRadar+. "For us, the benefit is the conversation. So if we're missing out on the conversation, because everybody's talking about God of War or Call of Duty, that's a missed opportunity for us."

Spano adds that the extra time is also beneficial to ensure the game is as polished as it can be. "As we were getting the game up to a certain point, we realised we would have Act One polished and it'd be great, and we might have Act Three really polished and great. And the middle would have also been great, but not quite as good as Act One and Act Three."

MiguelItUp

Definitely a good move on their part. While I'm not interested in the game, your release window most certainly matters. I still think it's pretty damn bold of Sega to be releasing Sonic Frontiers so close to Ragnarok. :messenger_grimmacing_

Astral Dog

Definitely a good move on their part. While I'm not interested in the game, your release window most certainly matters. I still think it's pretty damn bold of Sega to be releasing Sonic Frontiers so close to Ragnarok. :messenger_grimmacing_
Sonic is not an indie or oscure, its a strong brand with two succesful movies (and some prestige issues because Sonic Team), there is zero concern its going to bomb its just a minor inconvenience for gamers who wanted both Sonic and God of War on day one lol

Banjo64

cumsessed
I dunno, the writing in this game looks like it’ll blow GoW 8 out of the water. They shouldn’t have been worried.

Top Bottom