• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War (2018) has been blocked via GeForce Now on Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The end of a dream:

Yesterday Nvidia officially announced that God of War (2018) was on its way to its game streaming service, GeForce Now, the best part of all is that the game is now available.

So, if you're a subscriber to Nvidia's gaming service, just buy your copy of God of War (2018) and enjoy the title with all its graphics maxed out.

But unfortunately not everything is good news, as it is no secret, it is possible to use GeForce Now on Xbox via browser, you are free to play practically everything that is available on the streaming service, but (again), Sony has decided to block God of War (2018) and the game is not available to be played via browser on Xbox

xbffmcno9xu81.png

It was reportedly playable for a couple hours:

Last edited:
Called it, once Xbox warriors started using it as a way to make Sony look bad they were going to pull it. It's a shame that NVidia actually listens to publisher they shouldn't have any say.

edit: now that I'm reading into it, it looks like it was never available to begging with, all Sony published games are blocked.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Seems petty

I used to play Ps4 games on my iPad via streaming. Hope apple doesn’t get wise and block that..

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Can you still play on the Ps5 browser ? Oh I forgot not got one yet unless I jump through hoops that I can't remember.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Cringe as fuck, also while we are at it, don't block GamePass cloud on PS5....
...well as far as I know, they don't have a browser there...
...hmm

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It was actually playable as of 9~10 hours ago. Looks like someone in Sony HQ made quick panic'ed calls overnight to NVidia :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm surprised they were on top of this ahead of time . . . this sounds like it would have been a great loophole that would take about a week to shut down.

adamsapple

Can't tell if you're being serious or not. We all know why that franchise is on Xbox and Switch

We literally don't know what Bungie's terms of deals are. For all we know, continued multi platform development was a core tenant.

Their PR and blog post after the acquisition news broke certainly makes it sound like that.

We literally don't know what Bungie's terms of deals are. For all we know, continued multi platform development was a core tenant.

Their PR and blog post after the acquisition news broke certainly makes it sound like that.

Same as Activision and Bethesda. The games and franchises that aren't affected are stated clearly (Destiny, COD, Deathloop etc.)

Beyond that it's left open for interpretation for a reason

Last edited:

adamsapple

Same as Activision and Bethesda. The games and franchises that aren't affected are stated clearly (Destiny, COD, Deathloop etc.)

Beyond that it's left open for interpretation for a reason

Sure, I agree with you on both counts. The one thing we can do is wait till the deal is closed, at that point Sony/Bungie will probably start making more concrete and truthful statements.

Phil/Bethesda didn't start talking about Starfield only coming to platforms with Game Pass until after the deal closed.

SLB1904

Banned
Sure, I agree with you on both counts. The one thing we can do is wait till the deal is closed, at that point Sony/Bungie will probably start making more concrete and truthful statements.

Phil/Bethesda didn't start talking about Starfield only coming to platforms with Game Pass until after the deal closed.
It doesn't matter really, if playstation sees putting their games on xbox will harm their plans they will pull the plug. And same goes for xbox

adamsapple

LOL. Sony cares that much about streaming God of War on Geforce Now through Xbox. Tough luck for the 7 people wanting to do it.

They did the same for Death Stranding.

You can't search for that game on Geforce streaming when using the Xbox Edge browser.

It doesn't matter really, if playstation sees putting their games on xbox will harm their plans they will pull the plug. And same goes for xbox

But letting Geforce Now games run on Xbox browsers doesn't hurt them in any way lol, you need to have separately purchased the games to be able to run them via Geforce Now anyway.

So anyone who wants to stream has already put down money on the game.

This is just a move out of spite/pettiness, nothing more.

Last edited:

Goalus

Microsoft could easily re-enable it if they made their Edge browser behave like the desktop version when connecting to GeForce Now.

If GeForce Now doesn't know the browser runs on Xbox, they can't block it. And there is nothing Sony can do about it.

Microsoft could easily re-enable it if they made their Edge browser behave like the desktop version when connecting to GeForce Now.

If GeForce Now doesn't know the browser runs on Xbox, they can't block it. And there is nothing Sony can do about it.
Aside from take it off GFN, you think they didn’t make this deal without this being at the forefront of their minds?

Sony will never allow their big first party games to be played on the competitors console in anyway shape or form

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom