• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War (2018) has been blocked via GeForce Now on Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It doesn't matter really, if playstation sees putting their games on xbox will harm their plans they will pull the plug. And same goes for xbox
So preventing GoW and Death Stranding from streaming on XBox through Geforce Now is a big no-no, but agreeing to do multi-plat MLB The Show on Switch and Xbox is ok? (and not even streamed, but a traditional release)

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Microsoft could easily re-enable it if they made their Edge browser behave like the desktop version when connecting to GeForce Now.

If GeForce Now doesn't know the browser runs on Xbox, they can't block it. And there is nothing Sony can do about it.

Actually Sony could then require client be the Geforce Now app itself rather than a browser if they wanted to.

SLB1904

Banned
But letting Geforce Now games run on Xbox browsers doesn't hurt them in any way lol, you need to have separately purchased the games to be able to run them via Geforce Now anyway.

So anyone who wants to stream has already put down money on the game.

This is just a move out of spite/pettiness, nothing more.
Nah, its their property. They don't want their ips associated with xbox is simple as that.

So preventing GoW and Death Stranding from streaming on XBox through Geforce Now is a big no-no, but agreeing to do multi-plat MLB The Show on Switch and Xbox is ok? (and not even streamed, but a traditional release)
MLB the show sells 2 million copies a year and they don’t even own the license

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Since when whatever these companies do makes sense?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Scumbags gonna scumbag. I mean it is obvious WHY they are doing this but it is still a wildly shit clause that I guess GeForce has to include if they want the SONY drip.

. . .just another reminder that the creative respect one has (and I have a ton for SONY Studios) does not transfer to leadership.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nah, its their property. They don't want their ips associated with xbox is simple as that.

I guess I don't see streaming via the browser on Geforce's service as an association with Xbox in any way.

It'd be like if Sony blacklists Xbox controller prompts on their games on PC so you can not associate them with those buttons.

sassy ha ha GIF by Robert E Blackmon
It's not petty, it's common business sense.

SLB1904

Banned
I guess I don't see streaming via the browser on Geforce's service as an association with Xbox in any way.

It'd be like if Sony blacklists Xbox controller prompts on their games on PC so you can not associate them with those buttons.
The xbox buttons are the same as the PC. There isn't PC exclusives prompts, if there was PC prompts you bet your ass they would

SomeGit

MS should just add a user agent switcher to Edge (or add extension support), good luck blocking after that.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Wait people are actually mad they can’t play playstation games on xbox?

jimmy fallon lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

can’t imagine the people that this effects give much of a shit. I mean u would have to already own the game on steam and pay for geforce now. Most likely already own a pc.

again seems petty as hell, deny the people that bought your game a way to stream it in another room because that box has an X on it…. Why even let the game be on the service if so butt hurt about it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What’s the point? You can stream it to a calculator, why block any device.

It would violate some folks sensibilities if they're able to stream a game they've purchased already on an Xbox, heavens forbid.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not even remotely similar things.
Sure it is. I'd say allowing to go through making MLB on Xbox/Switch is even worse.

At least for Geforce Now, how many people even play that and want to do through Xbox?

MLB is an exclusive baseball game, the only good baseball game around for years, is mostly a USA market game and comes out every year. This isn't MLB 2018 they are allowing access to. Yet, they are willing to agree to make MLB on Xbox (and Switch now too).

Chukhopops

can’t imagine the people that this effects give much of a shit. I mean u would have to already own the game on steam and pay for geforce now. Most likely already own a pc.

again seems petty as hell, deny the people that bought your game a way to stream it in another room because that box has an X on it…. Why even let the game be on the service if so butt hurt about it.
Yeah if you bought the PC version to begin with I doubt you’d be caring too much about playing it through a browser on Xbox. Seems more of a PR move than anything impactful.

They can play it on their fridge

SSfox

If they dont want GOW to become multiplatform then maybe dont put it on PC. Just a thought.
This.

But Hermen Hulst and Jim Ryan are weaks with no principles and values, so.

Unlike this dude and his partners that were real men of values:

avant-la-playstation-classic-voici-de-nouvelles-anecdotes-sur-ken-kutaragi-988aa654__w830.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
Sure it is. I'd say allowing to go through making MLB on Xbox/Switch is even worse.

At least for Geforce Now, how many people even play that and want to do through Xbox?

MLB is an exclusive baseball game, the only good baseball game around for years, is mostly a USA market game and comes out every year. This isn't MLB 2018 they are allowing access to. Yet, they are willing to agree to make MLB on Xbox (and Switch now too).

I cannot make heads or tails of what you said here. Making MLB on Xbox/Switch is worse.....that what?

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Roxkis_ii

So people brag about being able to play Playstation games on Xbox, then get upset when Sony kills it. What?

I think if Sony wanted to release their games on Xbox (and devalue them), they would have done so by now.

kyliethicc

As Hulst looks into the future, he still sees Sony’s exclusives as a big part of it, so don’t expect core franchises to jump ship to Xbox Series X/S. However, there is a chance for some titles to appear on PC sometime later, like we saw with Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone. “The one exception to the rule, that was MLB The Show; I think what people have to realize is that it’s actually [MLB Advanced Media] that’s the publisher on Xbox, so it’s not us,” he explains. “I honestly can’t see us doing that with one of the platform-defining experiences that we're making at PlayStation Studios.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom