• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Does Exist. Gran Turismo is a a PS5 exclusive. Next gen only.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
TOO much blasphemous jokes that I can't laugh at, hate you guys.:lollipop_crying:

DeadGraveAmericangoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

onQ123

There isn't much gained by this game being PS5 exclusive to tell the truth but it will be less work for the devs & they can make choices that they couldn't make if they was making it for both PS5 & PS4 but with that said it will probably get ported to PS4 if it's not too much trouble.

ZywyPL

Banned
GTS is still thriving because of one thing, because it's the best 60fps driving sim racer there is.......

I agree that the core gameplay, the driving itself is still second to none, unbeaten, but that's not enough anymore to keep many people hooked into the series, GT on PS4 was THE game that was supposed to prove that PD still has what it takes, but instead it was "fuck it, enough is enough" moment for many fans. And like I said, it's "still thriving" because people have no choice since PD are shutting down the servers for previous games once they don't see the sales going the way they wanted.

The sounds might finally got better in GT:S sure, but they're still nowhere near realistic, equivalent to their real life counterparts. You look at/hear the cars in real life, TV shows, YT etc., then you go play GT, and it simply doesn't add up, especially if you want to drive a car that you personally own, it's one of the many aspects where all the competition is miles away with little-to-no room for further improvement because it's so damn good and accurate already, while GT is still fighting against Mario Kart basically... And like I said in one of my previous posts, with the supposedly almighty Tempest Engine, they have absolutely no room for error for not making proper car sounds this time around, they won't be able to blame it on the hardware like they did with PS4 and PS4 installments.

sncvsrtoip

Interesting because it didnt seem like huge upgdrade over GTS.
keeping similar to gt sport graphics but add some rt, native 4k, dynamic lightning and more cars on track and there is no much more power left over ps4 pro

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

The sounds might finally got better in GT:S sure, but they're still nowhere near realistic, equivalent to their real life counterparts. You look at/hear the cars in real life, TV shows, YT etc., then you go play GT, and it simply doesn't add up, especially if you want to drive a car that you personally own, it's one of the many aspects where all the competition is miles away with little-to-no room for further improvement because it's so damn good and accurate already, while GT is still fighting against Mario Kart basically... And like I said in one of my previous posts, with the supposedly almighty Tempest Engine, they have absolutely no room for error for not making proper car sounds this time around, they won't be able to blame it on the hardware like they did with PS4 and PS4 installments.
100% bs, gt sport is simcade not 100% sim (thats the polyphony decision couse most of gt players play on pad) but still has laser scanned track, proper trail breaking, under steer, over steer, fundamentals are ok but for sure not as detailed as assetto corsa competizione but on the other hand how many cars has acc and also it's not for everyone with car setups being so important in this title. GT sport is simply best simcade that exist on consoles with multiplayer that don't have really any competition from other titles.

Last edited:

aries_71

With all due respect, I think you're underestimating the behemoth that is the Gran Turismo series. It's sold 85+ million copies, it's the highest-selling PlayStation franchise of all time.

I think it'll sell a few PS5 units.
I don't really agree with you. Though I understand how much of a phenomenon was in PS2 days, nowadays its just a niche genre. I'm sure it's a great game, and car aficionados love it, but to the general public it's just another "racing game". It's like MS Flight Simulator, a fantastic piece of software for a very specific public.

If you take a look at Xbox most played games, here in Europe, the first "car" game is in position 17 (F1 2020) and the next one is 31st (Forza 7). Tough to compete against titans like Fortnite, Fifa or GTA.

ZywyPL

Banned
100% bs, gt sport is simcade not 100% sim (thats the polyphony decision couse most of gt players play on pad) but still has laser scanned track, proper trail breaking, under steer, over steer, fundamentals are ok but for sure not as detailed as assetto corsa competizione but on the other hand how many cars has acc and also it's not for everyone with car setups being so important in this title. GT sport is simply best simcade that exist on consoles with multiplayer that don't have really any competition from other titles.

Sure it's not a full-fat simulator, but it's waaay closer to one than to the opposite spectrum of arcade racers, like DC, FH, NFS and such. And like I said, some (many?) aspects are still stuck in the PSX era, which was heavily criticized in the PS3 installments, now they've cut out 90% of the content and think that settles the deal, like c'mon... The driving alone just doesn't cut it anymore, it it wasn't for the servers shut downs, people would still play online leagues in GT5 to this very day, the amount of tracks and cars (Standard or not) was just brutal.

sncvsrtoip

Sure it's not a full-fat simulator, but it's waaay closer to one than to the opposite spectrum of arcade racers, like DC, FH, NFS and such.
nope, is closer to acc than to nfs (top split player in project cars, aseto corsa, gt sport, acc erlier in iracing) and streamer like Kie25 can switch between acc and gt sport without much trouble and interestingly can't with iracing because of it's icy physics and he have to adjust more to this title

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
It's crazy that this will be the first full Gran Turismo since 2013.

After seven years, this had better be the biggest and best.

ethomaz

Banned
Looks like the guy you replied to quickly had to change the post for not warring.

Thank god the quotes doesn't change.
So there is a bug in the forum?

Because there is no "Last edited:" in his post... if I'm not wrong mods said that means his post is the original.
I'm no saying he not edited the post... it is just weird the post doesn't show that he edited it.

PS. I did a test with this post... even not editing anything and sending the same text (just hit Edit and after Save) the post showed "Last edited: 1 minute ago".

Mod of War Mod of War is that a bug?

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
So there is a bug in the forum?

Because there is no "Last edited:" in his post... if I'm not wrong mods said that means his post is the original.
I'm no saying he not edited the post... it is just weird the post doesn't show that he edited it.

PS. I did a test with this post... even not editing anything and sending the same text (just hit Edit and after Save) the post showed "Last edited: 1 minute ago".

Mod of War Mod of War is that a bug?

Well somethings fishy.

mqNWSPC.jpg

c6CrM3R.jpg

Well somethings fishy, and it would explain the triggered comments. I also remember the original post like that.

ethomaz

Banned
You can add anything to a quote. If it doesn't say edited, it was probably the user quoting him who added it. ethomaz ethomaz
That was what I thought but there are two quotes with the exactly same text... that is why I'm asking if it is a bug.
If there is no bug then it was added by these that quoted him.

And if it was added then it is not fair... it is ridiculous.

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
After Jim Ryan got caught lying about believing in generations, we werent sure if Horizon and miles were the only AAA cross gen games. Further clarification was needed.

GoW next. Fingers crossed.

I don’t recall Jim saying we believe in generations and every game will be on the PS5 now!! I guess you don’t have a very good memory of past console launches..

Three

What would a PS4 version take away from it?
I'd assume possibly day/night cycles as GT7 might, a big might, use some RT for its global illumination. The PS4 GTS uses Iris which is a baked GI system hence why there is no day/night cycles in that game.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Being stuck on last gen would be a huge hit especially for a historic franchise like GRAN TURISMO

iHaunter

TBH, I am quite shocked by how many exclusives they are launching in 2021. I know this was known but just seeing them in a 1 minute commercial really gets the point home.

GT7
Horizon
Ratchet
Death Loop
GhostWire Tokyo
Destruction All Stars

And they have already released
Demon Souls
Spiderman Miles
Sackboy
Astrobot
Godfall

Thats all in 1 year. 11 exclusives. Most of them next gen only. Almost all of them extremely high quality.

Shocking.

That said, Xbox will be fine.
Some Nintendo fanboy told me that Nintendo releases three exclusives a year and Sony does one. Nintendo fans are so delusional. lmao

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
I don't really agree with you. Though I understand how much of a phenomenon was in PS2 days, nowadays its just a niche genre. I'm sure it's a great game, and car aficionados love it, but to the general public it's just another "racing game". It's like MS Flight Simulator, a fantastic piece of software for a very specific public.

If you take a look at Xbox most played games, here in Europe, the first "car" game is in position 17 (F1 2020) and the next one is 31st (Forza 7). Tough to compete against titans like Fortnite, Fifa or GTA.
The latest MS Flight Simulator has sold 1 million copies, the last one sold about the same. That's pretty niche, sure, now compare that to 8 million + for GT Sport alone, which isn't even a numbered GT title.

I'm not arguing that GT is on the same sales level of FIFA or GTA, I'm just saying it's still a force to be reckoned with, it isn't just another racing game and many, many people will buy a PS5 when GT7 is released. It won't trigger a PS5 sellout like Hawking Radiation fears but it will definitely move a substantial amount of PS5 units.

Isn't Fortnite mostly free? (Honest question) Kind of unfair comparison.

As for FIFA and GTA? Well it's FIFA and GTA, so you won that one.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I don’t recall Jim saying we believe in generations and every game will be on the PS5 now!! I guess you don’t have a very good memory of past console launches..
i actually do. Lets take a trip down memory lane:

for ps3, they had one AAA game on PS2. GoW2 that launched in march. The rest of their AAA exclusives were all on the PS3. Uncharted, Ratchet, Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword... all year one AAA games. Not a single one of them was cross gen.

For PS4, they had a total of one AAA game on the PS3. Gran Turismo 6. Killzone Shadowfall, Knack, Infamous, DriveClub all on PS4 only.

Let's go all the way back to PS2 even though Sony wasnt big on first party games, but even with their third party exclusives they believed in generations. Lets see if we can find any big cross gen or last gen games. There was Ico which started dev as a PS1 title but was turned into a year 1 PS2 title. Tekken, DoA, SSX, DMC, Code Veronica, Spy Hunter, FFX, MGS2, all year 1 AAA next gen only games.

That brings us to PS5. Spiderman Miles, Horizon 2, Sackboy. 3 Big games, all cross gen. And for some reason, they are being cagey about GoW. It's perfectly reasonable to question these mouthpieces. Jimbo is a fucking liar who sat quiet for months while the internet buzzed over whether or not Spiderman was cross gen, only opening his mouth to take pot shots at MS for talking about cross gen. He is now talking about extending PS5 support for another two years. And he's clearly not talking about the yearly sports games that were the only games getting last gen support in past gens.

Do not defend these suits.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
i actually do. Lets take a trip down memory lane:

for ps3, they had one AAA game on PS2. GoW2 that launched in march. The rest of their AAA exclusives were all on the PS3. Uncharted, Ratchet, Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword... all year one AAA games. Not a single one of them was cross gen.

For PS4, they had a total of one AAA game on the PS3. Gran Turismo 6. Killzone Shadowfall, Knack, Infamous, DriveClub all on PS4 only.

Let's go all the way back to PS2 even though Sony wasnt big on first party games, but even with their third party exclusives they believed in generations. Lets see if we can find any big cross gen or last gen games. There was Ico which started dev as a PS1 title but was turned into a year 1 PS2 title. Tekken, DoA, SSX, DMC, Code Veronica, Spy Hunter, FFX, MGS2, all year 1 AAA next gen only games.

That brings us to PS5. Spiderman Miles, Horizon 2, Sackboy. 3 Big games, all cross gen. And for some reason, they are being cagey about GoW. It's perfectly reasonable to question these mouthpieces. Jimbo is a fucking liar who sat quiet for months while the internet buzzed over whether or not Spiderman was cross gen, only opening his mouth to take pot shots at MS for talking about cross gen. He is now talking about extending PS5 support for another two years. And he's clearly not talking about the yearly sports games that were the only games getting last gen support in past gens.

Do not defend these suits.

Sure, but do not pitch Sackboy as a BIG game in the same league as MM and Horizon if you are making a serious argument...

sncvsrtoip

What would a PS4 version take away from it?
if multiplatform crossplaly would be availalbe we could forget about increased max number of cars during race and dynamic weather/light not to mention that jaguar is not best cpu for advanced physcis but I'm not sure if gt7 will be much improved in this aspect (probably not)

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sure, but do not pitch Sackboy as a BIG game in the same league as MM and Horizon if you are making a serious argument...
i also listed Knack, SSX, Spy Hunter and Motorstorm in other generations. These are all big titles despite their genre. Maybe not AAA but big enough for launch titles. LBP is a massive franchise.

FrankWza

Lots of non PS gamers negative comments in here for a PS exclusive. it’s not going to another console even after we’ve had our way with it for a year or 2 like we’re going to do with Deathloop and Ghostwire;)

I didn't play Sport, do the cars still sound like vacuums?
Not even close. There are some comparisons on YT with racing cars and it sounds awfully similar. Thing is, many people playing GTS think new racing cars don’t sound that impressive but then check RL videos and see that’s how these cars actually sound. I can’t say much about road cars, those are usually never fun to drive anyway.

FrankWza

You are overestimating racing games appeal to the general public. They are not exactly Fortnite or FIFA...

It will sell 5-8 million consoles wordldwide. It’s a true system seller with worldwide appeal. There are many who won’t even put another game in their console besides GT

FrankWza

Do you need a wheel to truly be competitive in GT?

Even with Dualsense adding some awesome features that will be cool on GT, I wouldn’t play with it over a wheel especially without back buttons or paddles. That addition would make it viable and convenient. Otherwise, wheel all the way. It’s GT

yurinka

Well we know DS is coming to PC so...
DS is coming to PC?
No.

They had wrong text in a trailer where which said "Not available on other consoles for a limited time. Also available on PC". They removed the trailer quickly after noticing the mistake and claimed the text was included there due to 'a human error'.

Demon's Souls won't be released on other consoles and won't be released on PC. They did a favor to some 2nd party devs (ThatGameCompany, Quantic Dream, Kojipro) allowing them to release their games on PC after keeping them PS exclusives for a while. The MLB licenser asked them to make it multiplatform, so they will make the game multiplatfomr. They also released Horizon on PC after having it as exclusive for a while.

That's all, Sony doesn't plan to publish more games on PC outside allowing PC players to use PS Now on PC.

diffusionx

Gold Member
No.

They had wrong text in a trailer where which said "Not available on other consoles for a limited time. Also available on PC". They removed the trailer quickly after noticing the mistake and claimed the text was included there due to 'a human error'.

Demon's Souls won't be released on other consoles and won't be released on PC. They did a favor to some 2nd party devs (ThatGameCompany, Quantic Dream, Kojipro) allowing them to release their games on PC after keeping them PS exclusives for a while. The MLB licenser asked them to make it multiplatform, so they will make the game multiplatfomr. They also released Horizon on PC after having it as exclusive for a while.

That's all, Sony doesn't plan to publish more games on PC outside allowing PC players to use PS Now on PC.

Yes, I am sure it was an accident, when it was put in a slide that was surely reviewed by every prominent PlayStation executive, and was set for a presentation they kne wwould be watched by millions of people. I am sure it was an accident.

You're also flat out wrong, Sony has stated publicly they plan to put more games on PC. We already know for a fact MLB The Show is coming to other platforms.

Last edited:

yurinka

They told us which of their 2020/21 first party lineup would be crossgen

Crossgen
Sackboy
Spiderman
Horizon: FW
Guilty Gear Strive

PS5 exclusive

Ratchet and Clank
God of War
Returnal
GT7
Demon's Souls
All Stars
Astro's Playroom
Deathloop
Ghostwire Tokyo
Final Fantasy XVI *
Project Athia *

* Not officially announced as non-crossgen, but makes 100% sense.
Added a few more

yurinka

Yes, I am sure it was an accident, when it was put in a slide that was surely reviewed by every prominent PlayStation executive, and was set for a presentation they kne wwould be watched by millions of people. I am sure it was an accident.

You're also flat out wrong, Sony has stated publicly they plan to put more games on PC. We already know for a fact MLB The Show is coming to other platforms.

I am not wrong because all I said is true. Regarding that note -taken from a part of a slide which was talking about network services- Sony exactly said :

"Strategic Direction
To reinforce content IP, SIE will accelerate the enhancement and rollout of its portfolio of exclusive PlayStation titles. As a result of cooperation with in-house development and partner companies, sellthrough of PS4 software titles continues to grow, and the intention is to further enhance the lineup with compelling content.

Along with that, further growth in recurring income will be achieved through various network service enhancements. Through introducing new technologies in speed, haptics and sound, we can further improve on the exclusive experience available on the PS4, and aim to make the PS5 a truly next-generation console by providing game experiences that were not possible before.

Games for the PS5 that deliver this new gaming experience are being made by 1st, 2nd and 3rd party developers, and we plan to introduce a compelling line-up of titles to our users. In executing these strategies, greater emphasis will be placed on user engagement.

SIE plans to provide content for a variety of game genres and formats, and make advances in unique and immersive interactive experiences such as VR. At the same time, SIE aims to create a better user experience, improve usability, and strengthen its use of data analysis.

Making the best use of new and existing partnerships while driving growth will be important for achieving further expansions in scale. Through maintaining the momentum and ecosystem that PS4 built up until now, we will promote a smooth transition to the PS5.

SIE aims to achieve robust revenue growth by accelerating the virtuous cycle that has been established for the PlayStation Platform. This entails increasing active users and play time, enhancing network services and reinforcing content IP so that consumers select PlayStation as their platform of choice. Targeted outcomes include growth in active users, stronger retention and a shorter cash conversion cycle, from which expanded cash flow can be expected. We will explore expanding our 1st party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability. "

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/corporatereport/CorporateReport2020_E.pdf

They said they will EXPLORE (so maybe they do it, maybe don't) expanding (so maybe just mean they will put more/faster 1st party games on PS Now and to market PS Now more to the PC players) first party games to PC ( maybe meant these already published 2nd party and Horizon plus in the future MLB).

In that paragraph also talks about increasing active users, enhacing network services, stronger retention (so mostly network services, PSN an PS Now) and "reinforcing content IP so that consumers select PlayStaton -not PC- as their platform of choice". Which would match with releasing them on PC via PS Now as bait aiming to convert them into future PS5 users to play the local version there.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Fake news, Sony exactly said that:

"We will explore expanding our first-party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability."

They said they will EXPLORE (so maybe they do it, maybe don't) expanding (so maybe just mean they will put more/faster 1st party games on PS Now) first party games to PC ( maybe meant these already published 2nd party and Horizon plus in the future MLB).

You should probably just accept it instead of denying reality.

Top Bottom