• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Does Exist. Gran Turismo is a a PS5 exclusive. Next gen only.

Revealed in a new PS5 ad.

aBezQJA.jpg

Other games like CoD, Spiderman, Sackboy and Horizon 2 had text saying they were also available on PS4 so this is pretty much a confirmation that it wont be cross gen.

Demon Souls, Project Athia and Ratchet also have the PS5 exclusive tag.
Ad:

Excited for this. It has felt strange not having a GT competitive with Forza for so many years. Fingers crossed this one is really good. I may pick up the latest Logitech wheel/shifter setup(s) for this and Forza next year.

jm89

Please let there be day/night cycle with weather. They did some magic to get that shit working on ps3, ps5 should hopefully easily allow them to do 60fps with all those effects.

Reactions: Isa
given that the gameplay we saw so far looked basically identical to GT Sports aside from the resolution and raytracing (even draw distance and shadow resolution were 100% identical to PS4 pro) ... is that really that big a deal?

how would the PS4 hold it back in any way? the answer is it wouldn't
Maybe, but the GT7 footage we have seen so far is probably not what GT7 at release will be like. Gran Turismo Sport changed fairly significantly during the public beta - there were like 8 large updates in beta, including ones that had fundamental changes like car handling and a new sound engine, as well as tracks etc. They also added graphical stuff like the 3D dirt on the asphalt and track scenery. It was one of the few betas where the game actually wasn't in a completely finished state lol

Not saying it will look night and day at release or anything, but I would definitely consider any footage as a work in progress.

So it's safe to say GoW2, a late 2021 title, is a PS5 exclusive right? (fingers crossed)
Not safe at all, if HZD2 is cross gen why would GOW2 not be.

If I was a betting man, I would put my money on cross gen releasing early 2022. Also would not be surprised if its the last big Sony cross gen game.

FrankWza

The last Gran Turismo game I played was GT5 and I just couldn't with the loading times.

This is great news because I'm sure this means that GT7 can take full advantage of the SSD from the ground up.
Why didn’t you put an SSD in your PS3? It made a huge difference

Tmack

Personally don`t care much about GT BUT it`s incredible how Sony apparently did evrything right this time... even their big releases are delivering early on... If i`m remember correct ther was some drama about GT on PS3 with delays and the release of a proper GT very late gen...

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
As it should be. As much as I'd love to play a new Gran Turismo as a PS4 user, that game should 100% be current generation only. It deserves the full treatment. It's going to look incredible. I can't wait to play it. I thought Gran Turismo Sport was pretty good, but looking forward to a more proper career mode again.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
What would a PS4 version take away from it?
I dunno, racing games are prime candidates for being able to scale across gens without that hampering the actually design.

BUT.. it is certainly faster/easier for a team to target 1 machine. So the game is more likely to come out sooner if it truly is next-gen only.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Man that GT7 vs Forza 8 faceoff is going to be glorious..........Last time DF compared Forza 7 (High end PC) to GTS (PS4 PRO) and GTS still walloped Forza. This time it will be GT7 (PS5, Power King) vs Forza 8 (Series X, artist formerly known as the power king).........PD vs Turn 10.....It won't even be a contest...

Anyways, I always thought, the early trailer of GT7 was impressive, but knowing PD, it's on a whole other level right now......People forget that when raytracing talk was first spoken for consoles, it was shown via PD with GTS at 120fps 8K.....What PD will do with a ground up GT7 will be nothing short of a marvel......Prepare to crown the most realistic and most ambitious racer to date on both PC and console.....GT7-2021, can't wait...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Why didn’t you put an SSD in your PS3? It made a huge difference

Weren't they really expensive in 2011? I still have one laying around so it's something to think about for the future if Sony still doesn't do disc based BC with the PS6 or a PS5 Pro.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Seems this may be going head to head with a Forza launch. Getting all nostalgic on that front.

I hope both bring it and deliver, and GT steps up the career mode game in the process. A copy/paste from yesteryear's just won't due in what we now come to expect.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I believe next year is Forza Horizon... Forza Motorsport won't come before 2022 imo.

They have not done a Forza mainline since 7 in 2017, FH4 was in 2018, would be odd to skip mainline and do FH back to back, but that series seems to better for them now with the more arcadey elements as well.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
They have not done a Forza mainline since 7 in 2017, FH4 was in 2018, would be odd to skip mainline and do FH back to back, but that series seems to better for them now with the more arcadey elements as well.
From what they showed and talked the development of the next mainline Forza Motorsport is not that ahead in development... MS themselves said to not wait the game before late 2021.

ZywyPL

Banned
Who gives a shit, there's a fucking Carrera GT in that trailer!!!

Man that GT7 vs Forza 8 faceoff is going to be glorious..........Last time DF compared Forza 7 (High end PC) to GTS (PS4 PRO) and GTS still walloped Forza. This time it will be GT7 (PS5, Power King) vs Forza 8 (Series X, artist formerly known as the power king).........PD vs Turn 10.....It won't even be a contest...

Which didn't help at all for the game from being the absolutely worst, most castrated, outdated and content lacking GT ever created... Static screens comparisons might be cool for warriors like you, but graphics are no good if they make 90-95% of the game, literally, there's barely anything more the game has to offer, especially compared to a content packed competitor like Forza. Just when people thought GT can't get any worse than 5, PD kept proving peope wrong again and again ever since, and had to force people into new installments by closing the servers of older ones. Long story short, the series turned into dogshit, wrapped into luxurious package, but still dogshit nevertheless. And that's coming from a guy who used to buy Playstation consoles on day one solely for the GT games, and I'm not alone with my opinion, PD has a really tough job to get its old fans back, otherwise their only chance is yet again shutting down the GT:S servers, that's how low they currently are.

So here's hoping that this time around, with proper CPU, dedicated audio chip, tons of memory and GPU power, and an SSD, they'll be able to get everything right and get the series back on track, back to its former glory. It's now or never, they have literally ZERO excuses from the hardware side this time around.

HAL-01

What would a PS4 version take away from it?
A PS4 version would hamper it in the areas of car physics simulation and AI, as well as forcing them to stick to their last gen engine. Ps5 only means they can rewrite the engine for it without worrying about scalability

Lethal01

I’m having a hard time believing GoW R is a PS5 exclusive. Its budget must me massive and Sony will want to make it’s money back. If it’s a PS5 exclusive the it’s a late 2022 title.

Seems reasonable that they plan to make their money back by using the game to get people to buy PS5.
Being cross gen is possible sure, but a business does more than just think about how many copies they can sell.

T.Mummy

Neo Member
Awesome news. GT3 and GT5 were fantastic games I put hundreds of hours into. Couldn't get into Sport but very hyped for GT7.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
To base the existence of God on video game news is a pretty poor image of the creator of the universe.

Skifi28

A PS4 version would hamper it in the areas of car physics simulation and AI, as well as forcing them to stick to their last gen engine. Ps5 only means they can rewrite the engine for it without worrying about scalability

Oh please, GT's physics were always "ok" and the AI has been terrible since forever. In Sport, AI is actually worse in more ways than it's better compared to GT5/6 on the PS3. It was never a hardware issue, PD always sucked or didn't really give priority to certain aspects.

There's no doubt in my mind the AI is still going to be less than passable in GT7 even if it's made from the ground on for the PS5. It's always been a developer issue.

Last edited:

Lethal01

There has not been any evidence of DS coming to PC but some people here keep saying it will 🤔

Pc was shown under it in one of the trailers, this was stated to be an error due to having premade cards and it also affected another titles.

However, people keep insisting there is some grand conspiracy.

Entroyp

Pc was shown under it in one of the trailers, this was stated to be an error due to having premade cards and it also affected another titles.

However, people keep insisting there is some grand conspiracy.

Oooh you’re right, I forgot about that.

sncvsrtoip

Revealed in a new PS5 ad.

aBezQJA.jpg

Other games like CoD, Spiderman, Sackboy and Horizon 2 had text saying they were also available on PS4 so this is pretty much a confirmation that it wont be cross gen.

Demon Souls, Project Athia and Ratchet also have the PS5 exclusive tag.
Ad:

good to hear so penalty system will be fixed and also we will get proper damage model... oh wait ;d

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I’m having a hard time believing GoW R is a PS5 exclusive. Its budget must me massive and Sony will want to make it’s money back. If it’s a PS5 exclusive the it’s a late 2022 title.
Nah, SSM is a relatively small team of 200 people. Maybe 300 now. The budget for a smallish team like this for a 3 year title isnt really that bad, even in LA where they are located. IIRC, GoW3 cost $44 million back in 2010 and that was also a 3 year title. We are looking at maybe $60 million with the added people and outsourcing. Maybe $100 million with marketing. They will make all that back on launch day if they manage to sell 20 million PS5s by next holiday season. The hardcore are the first ones to buy the consoles and they will all buy GoW despite the much smaller userbase. All cross gen games last gen sold upto 80% of copies on PS4 and X1.

The biggest increase in costs is the size of the teams and just how long some of these games take nowadays. If a team is relatively productive and smaller like SSM, Insomniac and Naughty Dog, (around 200-300 employees) you arent taking $100 million to make a single player game.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
good to hear so penalty system will be fixed and also we will get proper damage model... oh wait ;d
I am not buying the game if they dont have destruction. There is simply no excuse now that they have a great CPU to play with.

As for the penalty system, i had several issues with it but tbh they can never have a 100% fair penalty system. It's pretty much impossible for the A.I to figure out who was at fault.

And I say this as someone who had to go through stuff like this way too often:

Top Bottom