• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Does Exist. Gran Turismo is a a PS5 exclusive. Next gen only.

yurinka

You should probably just accept it instead of denying reality.
A reality that only exists in your mind, because Sony didn't mention anything else other than I mentioned.

The title of the article you posted is misleading -if not totally wrong- and out of context by removing the other part of the paragraph of the original text, because Sony didn't say they were going to port more games to PC. Instead they mentioned that sentence in a paragraph where they were talking about increasing active users, enhacing network services and reinforcing content IP so 'that consumers select PlayStation as their platform of choice' and growth revenue for the PlayStation Platform (which includes PS Now).

So regarding PC they were very likely mentioning that they plan to enhace PS Now and put more 1st party content there to get more revenue from PC users (plus the MLB, Horizon and late 2nd party ports, most of them not published on PC before -or were releasing around then- when this document was made, this summer).

And other than that, Sony didn't mention anything about future 1st party games coming to PC -outside MLB because the licensor mandated to make it multiplatform- other than the 'human error' -according to Sony- that was to include a text in a DS trailer mentioning it was going to be at launch on PC (spoiler, it wasn't released on PC) an in other consoles (spoiler: Sony doesn't release games in other consoles) in the future.

Stuff like 'Bloodborne is coming to PC' are just baseless rumors. If Sony were working on a Bloodborne PC port they would have at least released a PS5 patch because they would have updated its code to make it not FPS dependant and overall would have the game ready to make it scalable and run it on other platforms. And it isn't the case.

Last edited:

WiseguyMVP

Gran Turismo next gen graphics!
awVWtRT.gif

Unknown?

i actually do. Lets take a trip down memory lane:

for ps3, they had one AAA game on PS2. GoW2 that launched in march. The rest of their AAA exclusives were all on the PS3. Uncharted, Ratchet, Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword... all year one AAA games. Not a single one of them was cross gen.

For PS4, they had a total of one AAA game on the PS3. Gran Turismo 6. Killzone Shadowfall, Knack, Infamous, DriveClub all on PS4 only.

Let's go all the way back to PS2 even though Sony wasnt big on first party games, but even with their third party exclusives they believed in generations. Lets see if we can find any big cross gen or last gen games. There was Ico which started dev as a PS1 title but was turned into a year 1 PS2 title. Tekken, DoA, SSX, DMC, Code Veronica, Spy Hunter, FFX, MGS2, all year 1 AAA next gen only games.

That brings us to PS5. Spiderman Miles, Horizon 2, Sackboy. 3 Big games, all cross gen. And for some reason, they are being cagey about GoW. It's perfectly reasonable to question these mouthpieces. Jimbo is a fucking liar who sat quiet for months while the internet buzzed over whether or not Spiderman was cross gen, only opening his mouth to take pot shots at MS for talking about cross gen. He is now talking about extending PS5 support for another two years. And he's clearly not talking about the yearly sports games that were the only games getting last gen support in past gens.

Do not defend these suits.
Well maybe thats why previous generation launches sucked and were barren until a year?

John Wick

WhaT A dUmB CoMmeNt durRrRRRrrr

my comment was an objective observation of the gameplay demo shown.
it looked almost 100% identical to GT Sport in terms of graphics, with the only uogrades being a higher render resolution and selective RT reflections.

and my question was how GT7 could in any way be held back by a PS4 version. if my comment was so dumb then answer me that if you can, how is it good that it is PS5 exclusive? how would a PS4 version make the game worse on PS5?

you surely aren't too dumb to answer are you? surely you have multiple arguments at hand to refute my dumb comment
I'll repeat again. Game is in development. So it's a bit dumb making comparisons as we don't know how the finished game will look and perform like. There could be a 120hz mode, 4k native at 60fps. Both which are out of reach of PS4. Just the upgrade in CPU power alone will bring a massive difference to GT7. I think they will continually update the game much like GT Sport.
Mainly PD are not a huge studio. It takes them ages making one game never mind making two versions of one game. So yes it would hurt GT7.

Unknown?

I'll repeat again. Game is in development. So it's a bit dumb making comparisons as we don't know how the finished game will look and perform like. There could be a 120hz mode, 4k native at 60fps. Both which are out of reach of PS4. Just the upgrade in CPU power alone will bring a massive difference to GT7. I think they will continually update the game much like GT Sport.
Mainly PD are not a huge studio. It takes them ages making one game never mind making two versions of one game. So yes it would hurt GT7.
I hope hope hope the whole game is in VR. Would be sad if it wasnt!

kyussman

Nice to have it confirmed,although I would have been amazed if it had been cross-gen tbh....now please have a long and deep carpg type campaign.I gave GT Sport a try back when it released but I didn't enjoy the multiplayer focus...my driving skills were not up to the competition and running every race in 13th position was not exactly the most fun I've ever had,lol.
I loved the way the cars felt on a gamepad though and I'm looking forward to having a more fun and relaxing experience with GT7!

Roxkis_ii

Anyone know if you'll be able to actually upgrade cars in GT7?? I really enjoy that aspect in racing games and was incredably disappointed you couldn't in GTS.

Barnabot

"Game is in development". geez. Kaz is now polishing those miatas ad infinitum again. where is the gt defense force now to tell me that they don't delay any gt games?

I don't like to be that guy, but this is another 2021 montage which left out God of War.

Does not seem likely. Best it we accept 2022 for it.

How can they include if there hasn't been footage yet? lol
2022 wouldn't surprise me but it sounds like a lot of people want it to slip into 2022.
Hmmm

Last edited:

scalman

i wouldnt mind PS4 Pro version now and PS5 next year though. its just nothing to play in racing right now for long time of similar style where you do events win money and buy new cars and upgrade them or not. just what Forza 7 is.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
One of my most anticipated titles next year. I hope this is one of those gen's that we get 2 full GT games.

As a fan of GT, I think one is enough. A sequel 3-4 years later will only be marginally better.

Just put your GAAS team on GT7 and give Polyphony the green light to make a passion project.

Bryank75

Banned
As a fan of GT, I think one is enough. A sequel 3-4 years later will only be marginally better.

Just put your GAAS team on GT7 and give Polyphony the green light to make a passion project.
Yeah, maybe you're right. As long as they add content beyond cars...

I think I saw you doing some good work on Twitter on behalf of Neogaf, was that you?

Top Bottom