• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Does Exist. Gran Turismo is a a PS5 exclusive. Next gen only.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Revealed in a new PS5 ad.

aBezQJA.jpg

Other games like CoD, Spiderman, Sackboy and Horizon 2 had text saying they were also available on PS4 so this is pretty much a confirmation that it wont be cross gen.

Demon Souls, Project Athia and Ratchet also have the PS5 exclusive tag.
Ad:

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
PS5 Exclusive and coming 2021.

RIP Xbox.
TBH, I am quite shocked by how many exclusives they are launching in 2021. I know this was known but just seeing them in a 1 minute commercial really gets the point home.

GT7
Horizon
Ratchet
Death Loop
GhostWire Tokyo
Destruction All Stars

And they have already released
Demon Souls
Spiderman Miles
Sackboy
Astrobot
Godfall

Thats all in 1 year. 11 exclusives. Most of them next gen only. Almost all of them extremely high quality.

Shocking.

That said, Xbox will be fine.

When you need to pray over a game :messenger_grinning_sweat: Well, know PD you have to pray for the game to come out on time.

Last edited:

icerock

Hopefully, after the BS they pulled with Miles and Horizon. I still don't trust them, until it's plastered as PS5 only over a trailer or blogpost.

Anyways, next God of War has been my most anticipated game ever since I beat it. Please, let it be PS5 only.

Banned
given that the gameplay we saw so far looked basically identical to GT Sports aside from the resolution and raytracing (even draw distance and shadow resolution were 100% identical to PS4 pro) ... is that really that big a deal?

how would the PS4 hold it back in any way? the answer is it wouldn't

Last edited:

Entroyp

They told us which of their 2020/21 first party lineup would be crossgen

Crossgen
Sackboy
Spiderman
Horizon: FW

PS5 exclusive
Ratchet and Clank
God of War
Returnal
GT7
Demon's Souls
All Stars
Astro's Playroom

I’m having a hard time believing GoW R is a PS5 exclusive. Its budget must me massive and Sony will want to make it’s money back. If it’s a PS5 exclusive the it’s a late 2022 title.

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

After Jim Ryan got caught lying about believing in generations, we werent sure if Horizon and miles were the only AAA cross gen games. Further clarification was needed.

GoW next. Fingers crossed.
This is utter nonsense. Nobody 'lied' about anything. Sony never said that ALL their games will be PS5 only. The whole 'We believe in generations' thing was in response to MS saying that all of their games in the first 2 years would be cross-gen, and all it meant was that there would be PS5 exclusives. And that's 100% true. They never lied, they just held back the cross-gen announcements until the second showcase. People chose to read too much into the generations comment and thought every single thing in the first showcase was PS5 exclusive but that was always a silly thing to assume. Why would Sony completely stop making games for the platform with nearly 120m users? Of course they are going to keep supporting it a well as supporting the PS5. It was always going to be a balancing act.

And anyway, they made it clear a while ago that Ratchet, GT7, Returnal and Destruction Allstars are all PS5 only games.

Klayzer

This is utter nonsense. Nobody 'lied' about anything. Sony never said that ALL their games will be PS5 only. The whole 'We believe in generations' thing was in response to MS saying that all of their games in the first 2 years would be cross-gen, and all it meant was that there would be PS5 exclusives. And that's 100% true. They never lied, they just held back the cross-gen announcements until the second showcase. People chose to read too much into the generations comment and thought every single thing in the first showcase was PS5 exclusive but that was always a silly thing to assume. Why would Sony completely stop making games for the platform with nearly 120m users? Of course they are going to keep supporting it a well as supporting the PS5. It was always going to be a balancing act.

And anyway, they made it clear a while ago that Ratchet, GT7, Returnal and Destruction Allstars are all PS5 only games.
It does get rather tiresome, how both sides can purposely try to misconstrue any quote to fuel their fanboy fantasies. Phil, Jim, etc, almost are better to be silent, rather than have the legion of trolls who will twist into something else.

TBH, I am quite shocked by how many exclusives they are launching in 2021. I know this was known but just seeing them in a 1 minute commercial really gets the point home.

GT7
Horizon
Ratchet
Death Loop
GhostWire Tokyo
Destruction All Stars

And they have already released
Demon Souls
Spiderman Miles
Sackboy
Astrobot
Godfall

Thats all in 1 year. 11 exclusives. Most of them next gen only. Almost all of them extremely high quality.

Shocking.

That said, Xbox will be fine.
Yes they will be fine

Jack-Black-Nacho-Libre-Look-and-Smile.gif

But what about God of War? If that is not PS5 exclusive I'll send a virtual punch straight down one of yer pipes. Fuck off if thats coming to the old PS4 :messenger_pouting:

Paulxo87

holding out hope GOW "ragnarok" is PS5 exclusive. But just like Horizon it does not seem like a full on sequel and likely ps4 too

sn0man

given that the gameplay we saw so far looked basically identical to GT Sports aside from the resolution and raytracing (even draw distance and shadow resolution were 100% identical to PS4 pro) ... is that really that big a deal?

how would the PS4 hold it back in any way? the answer is it wouldn't
Yeah the racing genre is kind of on life support. Not trying to sell a real Gran Turismo for the many millions of PS4 install base seems like a mistake to me.

Top Bottom