• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GmanLives - Return to Castle Wolfenstein's Console Ports

Humdinger

I had lots of fun on RTCW on the original Xbox. It came out about 6 months after Xbox Live had just launched, and people were enthusiastic and friendly. They talked to each other through voice chat and coordinated strategy. I still have fond memories of Beach Invasion, Ice, Norway, and other maps -- and that was 20 years ago. The SP campaign was fun, too, but it was the multiplayer that really stands out in memory. It was the first online shooter I ever played, and it was a blast.

Last edited:
Next to the PC original, I believe I owned both console versions at one point (something that happened a lot in those days). I did like the additional introductory chapter in these versions, as well as the original Wolfenstein 3D in the Xbox one.

Great thread OP, thanks for the nostalgia. I played this shit out of RTCW multiplayer on the Xbox when it was out. Loved playing as medic and running around reviving people. Also the commander and his airstike ability was fantastic and crazy in heated battles.

wipeout364

Wasn’t this done by splash damage. Great multiplayer mode. Precursor to quake wars and Brink if it’s the mode I am thinking of.

I played it on Xbox first about 4 years ago and LOVED it. Played it a couple years later on PC and something felt missing, but still loved it. Cool to see the differences!

HE1NZ

Banned
I don't like that he doesn't tell how he played it and how he got the footage. PS2 is obviously emulated on PC, but Xbox footage seems to be from 360. I really doubt PS2 version has better framerate than Xbox.

Game is a masterpiece obviously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom