• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global Goal Live ( it appears to be Live Aid with a new name - Sept 2020)

GV82

So it look like they have reinvented Live Aid for this generation , no sign of Bob Geldoff yet, 10 hours of nonstop performances over 5 continents. Sept 26th 2020, I believe it will also be streamed live as well as televised much like live 8.

“Global Goal Live will air for 10-hours straight with performances live from New York’s Central Park, Lagos, Nigeria, and cities in Latin America, Europe and Asia.
We have 10 years to end extreme poverty and tackle climate change. While we have seen significant progress, we will not be successful at our current pace. The scale of this problem – helping get 736 million people out of extreme poverty – will take everyone’s participation,” Global Citizen’s CEO Hugh Evans said in a statement.”

kuJTF9m.jpg

xY5DegI.jpg

B4KZvWq.jpg

More Artists to be announced in Dec.

Nothing will ever Top Queen’s performance in 1985, as for Live 8 it was alright, but nothing stood out as special apart from Pink Floyd to me, some of it I don’t even remember now, but I will tune into this next year regardless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom