• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girlfriend Reviews - Redditor on Last of Us 2 subreddit sent death threats to himself and blamed us.

EruditeHobo

i've never played either of them, but from what i see it doesn't seem to me that people cared that much about who was gay or not. it does seem that there were players who didn't like some of the events that occurred in the story. that's all i'm commenting on.

With comments like these, it's odd you'd find it confusing that people didn't think you were being clear...
But if you haven't played the game that's all I need to know. No point to continue, in that case.

Last edited:

Yoboman

They actually lost a lot of viewers over that TLOU II video. They were getting around 1 to 1.5 million viewers per video and now they're getting around 600 to 700k. Brutal.
Id say its more like they used to go through the biggest games in the last decade and now its more like the newest releases or other types of content rather than the biggest games in market

gow3isben

you didnt watch the video??

one of the redditors used his private email and real name to contact them directly and threatened to go to the police.

Nah I didn’t I guess that is fair then

Of course I’m not going to bother making fun of redditors they are redditors

Last edited:

Rawdirt

Neo Member
I feel stupider for watching 5 mins of that video and trying to understand what is going on. Referencing deleted emails, this comment on this day, subreddit this subreddit that. How do people care or follow this?

Fuck reading all that btw.
like who the hell are these people that go to such lengths to hate a videogame this much? i cant fathom someone hating a fucking videogame this much! its a damn videogame! its not even real!

maybe im expecting too much from a world where even soap actors are abused for the characters they portray! are people really this fucking stupid? they might aswell be braindead zombies because they sure as hell dont use their brains.
They do that because their lives are miserable, boring empty holes so they latch on these things so fucking hard to escape the monotonous grind of life until they eventually..expire.

Fuck reading all that btw.

They do that because their lives are miserable, boring empty holes so they latch on these things so fucking hard to escape the monotonous grind of life until they eventually..expire.

it goes beyond that. these guys have major mental issues. normal people dont act like that no matter how bored or miserable they are.

Last edited:
But on the other hand, GR does seem to play this up a bit. I noticed like six seconds after they mentioned the troll with 1,000 accounts offered proceeds to a Polish animal center, their cat mysteriously appeared in the chick's lap, almost to indicate "yeah, he likes animals, but so do we, and we don't send ourselves death threats. Winners!"
They're promoting a fundraiser with this video. Guess why it was even made.
Literally who gives a flying fuck about some Polish guy threatening legal action, even if it were true. What's he gonna do? Bribe an interpol agent with krakow kielbasa and cheap vodka to extradite these two over a reddit post?
Also "our community loves <JUMP CUT> seeing us defend ourselves"
"If internet threats are not taken seriously someone may lose their life"
Oh, get the ffFFuck outta here.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
They're promoting a fundraiser with this video. Guess why it was even made.
Literally who gives a flying fuck about some Polish guy threatening legal action, even if it were true. What's he gonna do? Bribe an interpol agent with krakow kielbasa and cheap vodka to extradite these two over a reddit post?
Also "our community loves <JUMP CUT> seeing us defend ourselves"
"If internet threats are not taken seriously someone may lose their life"
Oh, get the ffFFuck outta here.

I mean, I get the logic, on paper. The one time you don't take it seriously is the day someone gets killed, but the thing is, for better or worse, shit talking and trolling is baked into the culture so inherently it's survived from the arcade cabinet Pac Man days. If law enforcement (internationally, no less) took every threat seriously and devoted manpower, time and resources to each "threat," you could be sure the overlap with physical crime would be paid for in people's blood.

Also, a lesser point, but I agree with you. Part of what prevents me from taking anyone seriously on a YouTube video in *record* time is editing your video like you're actually cognitively incapable of speaking more than four words in a row without fucking up and getting tongue twisted. Is this a video, or is it fucking medieval Lingchi?

Tomma19

Neo Member
So there’s a new moderator( literally made a new account yesterday ) on that subreddit who makes another pinned post ( that has blocked any replies) that basically passively aggressively apologies while pointing the finger at GFR. They just can’t for the life of them accept fault, own it and move on.

Last edited:
Obviously the person who sent death threats is an idiot. And obviously having a subreddit that does nothing but hate tlou2 is garbage.

The inverse is true for those who kowtow to it. No game especially not tlou2 with mcu tier writing which received praise akin to a Paul Anderson film is also smooth brained.

It's a bit extreme and weird. That being said, I am one of those that absolutely despises every single aspect of The last of us. I try very hard to just go about my life and forget I ever wasted time in it's world. Go ahead and call me triggered if you want to, but at least I'm not the guy or gal this topic is about.

Bartski

Gold Member
So there’s a new moderator( literally made a new account yesterday ) on that subreddit who makes another pinned post ( that has blocked any replies) that basically passively aggressively apologies while pointing the finger at GFR. They just can’t for the life of them accept fault, own it and move on.
so their main issue is that their mod usernames were made public by GR in the video "INVITING doxxing and harassment", while their mod usernames are always visible and public on the r/, listed in the "Moderator" box on the right. OK.

SkylineRKR

Can't we go back to internet 1.0?

No mentally disabled shits like this being able to vent. No spoilers. Genuinely looking forward to games. No agendas. Just shitting on the odd low score for a game that deserved higher. The kicker; no social media.

Im at the point now where if you dont think TLOU 2 is a masterpiece, I don't wanna hear your opinion on any other video game because its useless to me.

Represent. Represent. rofif rofif
EDIT: The below post only served to make me look stupid and I apologize for having such a hostile take on the issue. It was foolish and wrong of me to attack people whose view is different than my own.

Anyone who foolishly believes that TLOU 2 is a masterpiece or giving it anything more than a 5 or 6 is not someone who can be counted on to have anything resembling a meaningful and rational discussion with and nothing of value is lost by dismissing them for the infantile, pathetic, and tragic trolls they are.

Last edited:
Good lord OP. When you post a thumbnail like that, please include a trigger warning.

I'm extremely skeptical of this. From all angles. I'm discarding all of it.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Anyone who foolishly believes that TLOU 2 is a masterpiece or giving it anything more than a 5 or 6 is not someone who can be counted on to have anything resembling a meaningful and rational discussion with and nothing of value is lost by dismissing them for the infantile, pathetic, and tragic trolls they are.
It's the greatest game ever made, by a wide margin. In fact, it shits on other games so badly that I cant even play them anymore. It moved the medium forward, and other shit is just childish in comparison, not to mention amateur. Devs need to step it up, graphics, storytelling, acting, combat, audio, level design, animation, production, all eons above everything else in the medium. Their shit is unplayable to me and those with good, advanced taste.

Go play mindless shit like DOOM lmfaoooooo :messenger_loudly_crying:

Woggleman

Disliking the game is one thing because everybody has their opinion but it didn't need to be turned into the culture war that it did. There are other games that had a divided reaction where people can still debate them civilly and where people who made the game and those who like the game don't receive death threats and get accused of being paid off shills. When they won awards people didn't get up in arms and say it was rigged.

Hugare

I believe that internet made people waay more sensible to contrary opinions than before.

Now its so easy to find a group of people that support the same world views and just live inside that bubble.

I follow a lot of people that I dont always agree with. But I never unsubed just because they had an opinion different than mine on something. Never. Its just ONE take on something, ffs.

Saw many people on this thread saying shit like "I unsubed because of that video". Such snowflakes.

That's why we have so many content creators that have fixed point of views on things. Because they have to chose between team A or B on some subjects. They cant say "some of A and a little bit of B", 'cause otherwise they'll be cancelled by both groups of insecure people.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Fuuuuuuck off. I've cried with the ending. The game was a rollercoaster.
The only other game that made me cry last gen was the last guardian

Woggleman

Fuuuuuuck off. I've cried with the ending. The game was a rollercoaster.
The only other game that made me cry last gen was the last guardian
To be fair he is replying to somebody who said anybody who doesn't see TLOU2 as a masterpiece has an opinion that is useless which is just as wrong. People have the right to their opinions and tastes but it should not have turned into the ugliness that it turned into. We are all adults and should be able to debate games like adults.

It's the greatest game ever made, by a wide margin. In fact, it shits on other games so badly that I cant even play them anymore. It moved the medium forward, and other shit is just childish in comparison, not to mention amateur. Devs need to step it up, graphics, storytelling, acting, combat, audio, level design, animation, production, all eons above everything else in the medium. Their shit is unplayable to me and those with good, advanced taste.

Go play mindless shit like DOOM lmfaoooooo :messenger_loudly_crying:

Removed original response because I was a fool for being so hateful and stupid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom