• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

TheBigG753

Aug 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
Fucking Jason is stupidly hoping she doesn't get paid.

No, you pussy, that's not how this works. If you want her property, you give her your money. Boohoo to you.
Brad on CoD:

"I'm good. Not gonna get into it, I'm good."
Brad was the only one that was able to muster up a slight compliment for Hogwarts Legacy lmao, while the rest of them were biting their tongues. They are all pathetic excuses for men.
I've barely consumed any GB content since March, for various reasons, but for some stupid reason decided to watch their PS5 stream last night. All of the above really hurt to see and was cringe-y as hell.

Even beyond the games they were virtue signaling on about, there was barely any enthusiasm mustered up for anything that was shown. Alex seemed legitimately bothered by every game save for maybe Deathloop. I remember the days when it was just Jeff who didn't like any new video games. I've listened to all of their GOTY podcasts going back 10 years, but I don't know if I can do it this year. This was as joyless as anything I've viewed in some time.

And then big WTF at the end, Vinny thought the new God of War announcement was for DLC? What? How? We know he finished and really liked the first game, and would be well aware of how the first game set itself up for a sequel. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
I've barely consumed any GB content since March, for various reasons, but for some stupid reason decided to watch their PS5 stream last night. All of the above really hurt to see and was cringe-y as hell.

And then big WTF at the end, Vinny thought the new God of War announcement was for DLC? What? How? We know he finished and really liked the first game, and would be well aware of how the first game set itself up for a sequel. I don't get it.
I paused on the GB stream to think if I should watch their stream. Settled on MinnMax one. Very good!

God of War is over 2 years old. DLC generally doesn't come out that late after the game releases. He should know better.

Jun 2, 2020
Jason should not be behind a mic or on the podcast. He sucks.He does. The whole time hes been on the Bombcast, hes brought nothing to the table. No quips, no banter, zero energy. When he does talk, its in a whisper voice that always trails off. Hes the sound guy right? The ONLY thing i can think of him having something to say, is to virtue signal. It never has anything to do with the games. I can see why he got in so many fights as a kid now.

TheBigG753

Aug 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
Jason used to be pretty good on the podcasts up until a few years ago. He'd at least bring something to the table with the "Jason-ass games" out of Japan that no one else on the site was playing. It seems like he lost that niche around when Ben started, and he just stopped contributing altogether on the podcasts. Even on the "We Talk Over..." streams he kinda just sits there and doesn't say anything.

Jun 26, 2020
Jason used to be pretty good on the podcasts up until a few years ago. He'd at least bring something to the table with the "Jason-ass games" out of Japan that no one else on the site was playing. It seems like he lost that niche around when Ben started, and he just stopped contributing altogether on the podcasts. Even on the "We Talk Over..." streams he kinda just sits there and doesn't say anything.
Ben out-weebs him these days and Jeff just shits all over things that he's interested in. It honestly feels like he's tapped out. I'm sure his poor health and difficulties (if i remember he has issues with his hands and vision because of his diabetic neuropathy) might be a contributing factor too.

Reactions: TheBigG753

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
Hogwarts Legacy: Lady wrote some books a decade and a half ago and has some opinions we don't like so we have to pretend to be uninterested this Harry Potter game.

Black Ops involves Ronald Reagan, the president from nearly 40 years ago.

Brad: "I just can't, I won't go into it but I can't with this game."

I hate what Giant Bomb has become. Their bellyaching and bitching is beyond played out and I've become apathetic to the point where I automatically tune them out.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
So when did we all decide Reagan is Hitler 2.0?

Oh wait, he was a white Republican. Nevermind. Fuck him.

The sudden random illogical hate for him really irks me for whatever reason. He was a great fucking president.
"WE" didn't decide anything. Morons who didn't even live through his administrations are just following other morons who don't know what they are talking about.

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
Imagine watching a movie with some of these guys nowadays. I wouldn't doubt they have a problem with Disney's Mulan. Now imagine their reaction to 1935's Triumph Of The Will, or even Dirty Harry. One, an actual propaganda film, the other would somehow illicit more reaction because ACAB and blerp blerp Twitter vomit.

I cannot fathom being so soft a video game hurts your fragile psyche, especially one depicting a historical real world individual or event. Shame that apparently games can't be fun any more. Bah.

TheBigG753

Aug 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
If I can play and enjoy Disco Elysium, a game made by actual communists with a portrait of Stalin on their fucking office wall, then Brad can surely muster up the courage to play a game that is drawing on fiction created by a person who said women have vaginas. Call me crazy...
If the good folks at GB weren't demonstrably repulsed at the sight of Ronald Reagan, J.K. Rowling, and so on, their social media following would let them hear about it and demand that they "do better". Brad would hate for he himself to be lumped in with someone as "awful" as Reagan, but that's where we're at now. It doesn't take much to be considered persona non grata.

It's impossible to tell what's genuine and what's virtue signaling, since it's required of them by a vocal segment of their audience so they have to do it. As a result it's really hard to take any of it seriously at all, and as-in yesterday's stream, it just comes across as embarrassing. But that's the corner they've painted themselves into.

Mushoomba

Formerly '_MushroomSamba_'
Aug 15, 2020
It's going to be interesting to watch them embarras themselves with the Call of Duty coverage after the game comes out. Jeff will love it, because it's another Call of Duty and Jeff loves them for no reason, and as usual none of them will contradict Jeff because everyone has to agree with what he says, specially Brad. But at the same time they'll have to constantly remind everyone how much Reagan sucks and how they're against the setting of the game's story. Brad's brain might short-circuit.

TeezzyD

Fantastik Tuna
Mar 18, 2020
Who is this Jeff guy on Beastcast they replaced Dan with?

It feels like Giant Bomb was a project that Jeff had planned on working on for only six years, but ended up staying at it for ten. He and Brad don't seem to care very much anymore and would be more excited to move on to a new project.
Their best content is literally Jeff Gerstmann sitting in a dark room emulating old games

That and ranking of fighters or w/e

TeezzyD

Fantastik Tuna
Mar 18, 2020

Oh dear God 5 minutes in and they're apologizing for a problematic guest

You guys weren't kidding, Jesus

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
I’ll give them credit for abiding by their own sacred SJW code at least. I also read the description and it sounds like they discuss the sale. Beast cast is best cast when compared to the other podcast. I will check out this episode.

Last edited:

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
Who is this Jeff guy on Beastcast they replaced Dan with?
Jeff Bakalar?

He's been on the Beastcast since day 1 and is CNet's games editor, he's actually pretty alright

Hogwarts Legacy: Lady wrote some books a decade and a half ago and has some opinions we don't like so we have to pretend to be uninterested this Harry Potter game.

Black Ops involves Ronald Reagan, the president from nearly 40 years ago.

Brad: "I just can't, I won't go into it but I can't with this game."

I hate what Giant Bomb has become. Their bellyaching and bitching is beyond played out and I've become apathetic to the point where I automatically tune them out.
Honestly, I've stopped listening or watching ANYONE that brings politics into games now, I'm so sick of it. That PS5 reveal was great for my Twitter, I just unfollowed anyone that whinged about Harry Potter and JK Rowling, theres just no fun in games otherwise

TexMex

Aug 30, 2019
I’ll give them credit for abiding by their own sacred SJW code at least.
Honestly I don't feel like they do. Abby is pretty short and defensive, admits to not even fully taking the time to understand the allegations, and then immediately reminds us that she identifies as queer for whatever reason - probably for the teflon shield that comes with it. It felt like the total non-apology that she and the rest of them would absolutely crucify others for. She repeats more than once that she "can't be expected to know everything about everyone's past" and it "isn't her place to judge others" (the second being especially hilarious).

This is of course mere weeks removed from the monologue about accountability and vetting that will take place on future guests. Let's just call it what it is. Everyone that would have caught something like this was out. They left Abby the keys. She brought in a bunch of guests without even attempting to vet them out. That's it. Come out and own that, and I have no problem accepting it.

I honestly can't think of a single time where any sort of apology, or corrective measures taken by a person/company have ever been met with anything other than snark and scoffing from this website. Nothing is ever good enough, and this absolute non-apology from any other entity would have been torn apart by her on this podcast.

And to be clear - I'm only talking the hypocrisy in play here. I don't think they have anything to apologize for in the slightest. I just don't think they hold themselves accountable to the same standards they judge others by.

Jun 26, 2020
Honestly I don't feel like they do. Abby is pretty short and defensive, admits to not even fully taking the time to understand the allegations, and then immediately reminds us that she identifies as queer for whatever reason - probably for the teflon shield that comes with it. It felt like the total non-apology that she and the rest of them would absolutely crucify others for. She repeats more than once that she "can't be expected to know everything about everyone's past" and it "isn't her place to judge others" (the second being especially hilarious).

This is of course mere weeks removed from the monologue about accountability and vetting that will take place on future guests. Let's just call it what it is. Everyone that would have caught something like this was out. They left Abby the keys. She brought in a bunch of guests without even attempting to vet them out. That's it. Come out and own that, and I have no problem accepting it.

I honestly can't think of a single time where any sort of apology, or corrective measures taken by a person/company have ever been met with anything other than snark and scoffing from this website. Nothing is ever good enough, and this absolute non-apology from any other entity would have been torn apart by her on this podcast.

And to be clear - I'm only talking the hypocrisy in play here. I don't think they have anything to apologize for in the slightest. I just don't think they hold themselves accountable to the same standards they judge others by.
They crucified Matt Pascual and this other cunt gets a meh. You know this isn't going to be the first time too.

Reactions: Mushoomba

Harts316

Jun 11, 2020
You guys are braver than me. I don’t know how you guys have the stomach to listen to that.

The true believers in the forums saying GB is better than ever is a perfect example of how the staff threw their old fan base in the trash heap in exchange for the reeesetera crowd.

Mushoomba

Formerly '_MushroomSamba_'
Aug 15, 2020
As expected, the Abby "apology" was a non-apology and everyone now thinks she was a victim in all of this. People will cheer when GB call people out, but then act defensive when GB gets called out. Their rules should be applied to everyone else around them but not to themselves. I don't even care about who the fuck they have as guests, but the hypocrisy and the self-victimization is absurd.