• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Small Change

Jul 17, 2020
This week's bombcast is going to be absolutely riveting. I can tell.

What an enticing image for a thumbnail. All of these people look absolutely delighted to be talking about games so I know I'm going to have a fun time listening. I'm guessing given the usual GB work ethic that Brad or whoever does the upload just uses whatever random image Youtube or their video software vomits out rather than looking for something more that looks a bit better.

MikeDub

Dec 6, 2008
UK
What an enticing image for a thumbnail. All of these people look absolutely delighted to be talking about games so I know I'm going to have a fun time listening. I'm guessing given the usual GB work ethic that Brad or whoever does the upload just uses whatever random image Youtube or their video software vomits out rather than looking for something more that looks a bit better.
The majority of the office based world is still working from home...a lot of them on shorter hours...a lot of them far more flexible with their hours...you're telling me that in all these weeks off (for the past 5 months!) they couldn't pull in Brad Muir, Jeff Green, Will Smith, Danny O'Dwyer, John Drake, Norm Chan, Gary Whitter, Mary Kish, Drew Scanlon, Pat Gil, Mike Mahardy, Adma Boyes, Johnny V, Dave Lang or some other guy, Dan something? That image is the best line up they can get?

All those people have their own lives but still, in 5 months, that not one has made an appearance? It feels like people don't even want to be associated with GB anymore to be honest XD

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
Holy Crap! Ben had to repeat most of the letters and struggle to say anything coherent. Like he had shit in his mouth. What is his problem?
Unfortunately for Ben, he's got a speech disorder. It's not his fault. What is his fault is the fact that he's fucked in the head (I believe that's the medical term) and should not be exposing his voice onto unsuspecting podcast listeners. This applies to Matt Rorie aswell.

Small Change

Jul 17, 2020
The majority of the office based world is still working from home...a lot of them on shorter hours...a lot of them far more flexible with their hours...you're telling me that in all these weeks off (for the past 5 months!) they couldn't pull in Brad Muir, Jeff Green, Will Smith, Danny O'Dwyer, John Drake, Norm Chan, Gary Whitter, Mary Kish, Drew Scanlon, Pat Gil, Mike Mahardy, Adma Boyes, Johnny V, Dave Lang or some other guy, Dan something? That image is the best line up they can get?

All those people have their own lives but still, in 5 months, that not one has made an appearance? It feels like people don't even want to be associated with GB anymore to be honest XD
Yeah, there used to be a community of "friends of the site" that seems to have gone away entirely. I haven't listened to either podcast since a month of so after lockdown started but looking through the directory and a lot of the guests seem to be gamespot people including some who were on the really awful episode that felt like an extended ad for the new gamespot podcast.

Ramagamma

Mar 22, 2017
The new Horizon quick looks really ticks about every box on the "can't be fucked" checklist there is. It's in ultra-wide so its horrid to watch for a person with a normal monitor, its way to dark because Rorie fucked up the settings, its at 30fps which makes showing of the pc version pointless and it has Abby brainlessly ask questions which Rorie can't answer because he's too hyped up on ADHD medication. What is even the point?

Ryuji Goda

Dec 3, 2018
The new Horizon quick looks really ticks about every box on the "can't be fucked" checklist there is. It's in ultra-wide so its horrid to watch for a person with a normal monitor, its way to dark because Rorie fucked up the settings, its at 30fps which makes showing of the pc version pointless and it has Abby brainlessly ask questions which Rorie can't answer because he's too hyped up on ADHD medication. What is even the point?
Goddamn it, now I have to watch this to fuel my hate.

• Fire
Reactions: HotPocket69

Harts316

Jun 11, 2020
I'm a simple robot. I hear Abby's voice or a co-host mention her name during the intro to a video and I stop watching.
I just stopped watching all together because it seems like she’s on every video anyway.

Sep 7, 2011
So no one from Giant Bomb is going to stream the new smash hit Fall Guys?

I guess if anyone did it would be Abby though and I don't want to watch that.

It's a lot like Mario Party minigames, I hope Dan plays it.

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014

Aside from Austin, have they ever had a previous employee back on?

In Drew News, he's gone to work for Digital Eclipse and back to Game Dev

• Love
Reactions: rkofan87

Shantae

Banned
Jul 7, 2019

I'm guessing his influence as a meme, and the fact that he was just stealing people's money on patreon to pay for his extended vacations, finally dried up.

Sep 7, 2011
I wanna check it out but I hear you can’t invert the Y so I’m good on that until it gets patched in.
Did you just invert controls once and now you can never go back? I don't understand why anyone would want controls like that. Play a lot of flight sims?

Small Change

Jul 17, 2020
So has Abby commented at all about the stuff surrounding Ellen Degeneres? She has gone on record as being a fan so surely she would have piped up to condemn it and say she'll never, ever watch her stuff again.

Inviusx

Jan 4, 2016
Good for Drew, obviously going to work on the production of the archival material (documentary videos for old games).

MikeDub

Dec 6, 2008
UK

I believe Drew came back a couple of weeks/months after he left whilst Jeff was off on paternity? Maybe? Regardless of previous employment they used to have an army of people to call on, now they are nowhere to be seen.

HotPocket69

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Did you just invert controls once and now you can never go back? I don't understand why anyone would want controls like that. Play a lot of flight sims?
No flight sims, just the usual bevy of FPSs and third person action games. Looked at it logically 20 years ago and never went back. If the right stick controls the player camera/looking around and my head so to speak is the camera I therefore tilt the stick back to look up and forward to look down.

I can play the “normal” way too but there’s a brief adjustment period. I’ve pushed through quite a few that completely leave the option out. Wind Waker HD comes to mind. Nintendo hates us Y invert heathens.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Thing on a Spring

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
I haven't heard/watched the cast with them, so no opinion here. The chatter just reminded me of pat, the androgynous SNL character and made me laugh.

Guy:
We want to know, are you a brotha or a sista?

Pat:
Well I'm an only child....

Jun 26, 2008
I believe Drew came back a couple of weeks/months after he left whilst Jeff was off on paternity? Maybe? Regardless of previous employment they used to have an army of people to call on, now they are nowhere to be seen.
Perhaps insiders have quietly cancelled Giant Bomb, but left it out of the public eye because voices like Abby and Ben would be silenced?

Evil Calvin

Aug 23, 2017
Ok! Other than the two podcasts this week, they have posted 6 videos all week. I don't have premium so a subscriber could tell me how many were posted there this week there. But, there are 9-10 editors and only 6 videos posted all week? Seriously what do they do all week? They don't play newer games. They don't post reviews or editorial content. Can they each not play and stream at LEAST a different game a day? That would be a whopping 18 videos a week!! Right now it's more drumming and trucking....again!! How do they say they really haven't had time to play games? Well they have time to stream trucking and drumming!!! ........at least those two ARE streaming. Unlike the rest.

Rant over!

Reactions: JovianLizards

HotPocket69

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I find the use of ghettospeak in the titles “We Be Drummin” and “We Be Truckin” racially insensitive and somewhat offensive. Who do I contact about this?

• LOL
Reactions: JovianLizards

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
This was pretty funny, and it's how they would act most of the time if they weren't woke hypocrites. Their mask's slipped a little, everybody finds racist humor funny.

This is true but it was also a slur directed at italians aka a group traditionally considered white in 21st century USA. If the accidental slur was for POC there would have to have been a formal sitewide apology.