• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2011
Somebody should get Dan to do a Cameo for Abby by telling him it's for your sister or something, then have him tell her to try harder cause' she sucks at her job, and then send it to Abby Russell.

I think the better way to do this would be to frame it as a way for Dan to cheer her up because she can't do anything right. Mention she wants to be a twitch streamer but no one watches them, she has trouble with her recording software, maybe even throw in she has a learning disability.

Reactions: JovianLizards

Crumslor

Neo Member
Jul 22, 2020
Is Abby trans now? Or non-binary I guess. I saw this post a few weeks back and I haven't listened to a beastcast in 6 months (since I got banned for posting a joke on an Abby video). Wasn't sure if this was like a directive from Abby or just their shit mod team trying to be extra woke by not saying "she" and "her."

• Triggered
Reactions: JovianLizards

DangerStepp

Sep 14, 2007
I agree that the prison tattoo trend is among the most hideous this side of blue/neon hair that will be looked back on with disdain and jest.

The part where tattoos are permanent is the best part that I don't think these kids understand. So many kids getting jobstobbers before they actually have a job. You can't make this stuff up.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Is Abby trans now? Or non-binary I guess. I saw this post a few weeks back and I haven't listened to a beastcast in 6 months (since I got banned for posting a joke on an Abby video). Wasn't sure if this was like a directive from Abby or just their shit mod team trying to be extra woke by not saying "she" and "her."

And she's back on Twitter, I knew she couldn't stay away. I never saw this post, I wonder if she actually changed her pronouns. I haven't seen much of Giant Bomb lately, has there been any other instances of this?

• LOL
Reactions: ThatsNotMyName

bender

Bending Rodríguez (22, 1,729)
Apr 12, 2010
Unless I'm reading this thread wrong, it seems like she has multiple twitter accounts.

Where one the site does this image come from?

Last edited:

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020

I believe last summer Abby “came out” as queer in a tweet during pride month. I’m assuming the mods on the forum took this more seriously than Abby herself does.

• LOL
Reactions: Ryuji Goda

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019
I'll be the first to say I don't give a hoot what people shove in their crotch to get their jollies. However announcing ones orientation online to a bunch of strangers is a sorry play to the gallery for attention and move to place oneself in some made up position of exclusivity. It's like any other dumb attempt to appear all chichi - the only people that give a damn are people just like you. Think anyone would bat an eye if I climbed to the highest peak on Mt. Internet and announced I'm straight?

Coming out as gay used to be a terribly difficult thing to do, and still remains so to a large degree. Be proud of who you are, have some respect and don't go bouncing down the road screaming how queer you are. Whatever queer is anyway, no matter what you got stapled between your legs, there's only a hole or a pole to pick from on the other side.

Ah never mind, this is Abby after all. The only thing queer about her is that she is indeed quite bizarre.

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018

You know, this pronoun shit is sometimes really detrimental to understanding who and what a sentence is pertaining to. Does "they" now mean Abby by herself or GB? Or what?

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
Again... Jeff might be the most chip-on-his-shoulder snowflakey games journalist there ever was. Viewers have been complaining about his ridiculous fucking banners on his streams since he started streaming from home. What does he do? He doubles and tripples down just to be a dick to the people who pay his salary. Honestly, I'm not sure if I would miss Jeff if he left Giant Bomb. He's such a fuckin' baby.

Toaster man

Jul 16, 2020
I just found out that Ben is done with his 2Fallout2Furious series because of the Chris Avellone allegations LMAO

Can’t wait until dying light 2 comes out and they have a 20 min discussion hemming and hawing about feeling “shitty” about enjoying the storyline, or better yet refuse to talk about it.

• LOL
Reactions: Revolutionary

bender

Bending Rodríguez (22, 1,729)
Apr 12, 2010
I just found out that Ben is done with his 2Fallout2Furious series because of the Chris Avellone allegations LMAO

He sounds like what he is, young. I know I got fired up in my twenties after watching some documentaries. I'd often say "I'll never shop at Walmart again" or "I'll never buy Nike again" or "I'll never buy factory farmed meat" again. Eventually it will dawn on you that just about everything you consume has something distasteful attached to it. Boycotting a 20+ year old game that Avellone most assuredly sees no revenue from these days is an odd choice. It would be more appreciable, yet equally foolish, to boycott up-and-coming games he's worked on. Just to be safe, you'll want to avoid games from all major studios. Imagine how many hands touched those games...hundreds, if not thousands. Can you imagine how many vile acts some of those folks committed? Just to be safe, better stick to games by small Indie teams that you can personally vet. It's not like those are ever wrapped up in scandal. Better yet, stop playing games all together.

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2017
Hazuki Dojo

BermudaDrain

Neo Member
Oct 5, 2019
He sounds like what he is, young. I know I got fired up in my twenties after watching some documentaries. I'd often say "I'll never shop at Walmart again" or "I'll never buy Nike again" or "I'll never buy factory farmed meat" again. Eventually it will dawn on you that just about everything you consume has something distasteful attached to it. Boycotting a 20+ year old game that Avellone most assuredly sees no revenue from these days is an odd choice. It would be more appreciable, yet equally foolish, to boycott up-and-coming games he's worked on. Just to be safe, you'll want to avoid games from all major studios. Imagine how many hands touched those games...hundreds, if not thousands. Can you imagine how many vile acts some of those folks committed? Just to be safe, better stick to games by small Indie teams that you can personally vet. It's not like those are ever wrapped up in scandal. Better yet, stop playing games all together.

He's 31.

Reactions: brap

Drunkenski

Nov 19, 2019

I agree 100%. Though the guy is what, 30-31? I too had plenty of rebellious and idealistic moments in my twenties, and still hold on to the more logical ones. 30 isn't exactly angsty youth territory and I'd hope by that point most people have learned to focus whatever opposition they may hold into sensible action rather than ineffectual abstinence. Michael Jackson may have been a creep, but I'm still going to rock Thriller.

Comes across to me as someone that has has been so mired in internet sensationalism he's become cultured to jump on the bandwagon at the mere utterance of a sensitive topic. Whatever the case may be with this Avellone guy, dare I say it's a mark of the ignorant to wholesale repudiate someone, or the product of someone based on allegations with no further dialogue or followup. Usually indicative of someone that has no independent thought, plays it safe and goes with the loudest voice to avoid confrontational conversation which they are incapable of navigating.

That said, anyone proven to be a pedo-perv-abuse-aholic can eat shit.

Last edited:

Crumslor

Neo Member
Jul 22, 2020
Unless I'm reading this thread wrong, it seems like she has multiple twitter accounts.

Where one the site does this image come from?

It was awhile back. I screen capped it to ask on here but it took awhile to get a gaf account and post approved (no shade mods!).

Reactions: bender
Sep 7, 2011
It was awhile back. I screen capped it to ask on here but it took awhile to get a gaf account and post approved (no shade mods!).

I'm surprised she doesn't just say her pronoun is butt because that would be hilarious. Peak SNL. Only macgruber himself could hope to be that funny.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: DangerStepp
Jul 13, 2020
My disdain for the state of current GB is spreading into how I view the staff members who I previously condoned. I can no longer listen to Brad speak without being frustrated by how sheepish he sounds. I can't think of someone who speaks less authoritatively.

Finishing every sentence in a dog whistle register was one thing. On a recent hotspot, Vinny casually asked Brad which console he would buy if he had to choose one. Brad's non-answer was so low and mumbled, it was difficult to hear over the sound of his tail between his legs. Zero authority, and seemingly afraid to give an actual opinion. It's crazy to me that they made him the host.

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
My disdain for the state of current GB is spreading into how I view the staff members who I previously condoned. I can no longer listen to Brad speak without being frustrated by how sheepish he sounds. I can't think of someone who speaks less authoritatively.

Finishing every sentence in a dog whistle register was one thing. On a recent hotspot, Vinny casually asked Brad which console he would buy if he had to choose one. Brad's non-answer was so low and mumbled, it was difficult to hear over the sound of his tail between his legs. Zero authority, and seemingly afraid to give an actual opinion. It's crazy to me that they made him the host.

I feel like maybe bad things have happened in his life for the past few years, he used to be a lot better, I think Ryans death really got to him bad, remember "Hobo Brad" back in 2015 ish? I do feel a bit for him, he can be great at times

Reactions: Dale-Gribble-
Jun 2, 2020
I feel like maybe bad things have happened in his life for the past few years, he used to be a lot better, I think Ryans death really got to him bad, remember "Hobo Brad" back in 2015 ish? I do feel a bit for him, he can be great at times

Whoa whoa whoa. He may of been a gambler, but he was never a hobo.

Ps brad can be great at times.

Trumpets

Dec 5, 2008
England
...Brad's non-answer was so low and mumbled, it was difficult to hear over the sound of his tail between his legs. Zero authority, and seemingly afraid to give an actual opinion. It's crazy to me that they made him the host.

Having Jeff (his boss) contradict or disagree with every single thing he has said for ten years has melted him down into the jellyfish we see today. It's emotional abuse, really.

Rei no Otaku

Jul 4, 2008
Cranston, RI

They've all been like that for awhile. I get that they don't want to come off as console warriors, but it's ok to have an opinion.

Every time it's brought up to them that MS has a weak first party output compared to Sony Jeff has to trip over himself rushing to say how he hates all of Sony's games and people just exaggerate the output difference.

Jul 13, 2020

It's true, and a good reminder that it wasn't always this way.

To be clear, Abby is the true terror here. I'm disappointed that my contempt for her has now crept into the rest of the staff.

drganon

Sep 20, 2019
They've all been like that for awhile. I get that they don't want to come off as console warriors, but it's ok to have an opinion.

Every time it's brought up to them that MS has a weak first party output compared to Sony Jeff has to trip over himself rushing to say how he hates all of Sony's games and people just exaggerate the output difference.
But dont ever point out that he seems to hate everything, cause then he'll get upset.

Ryuji Goda

Dec 3, 2018
I really can't stand Dan as a person but I respect the effort he puts into his "product (especially in the context of this thread).

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Aug 30, 2018
I didn't like Dan at first until I figured out that he plays the shit out of the camera
Dude moved into working in wrestling, and IIRC he was a manager or some sort of personality for the independent wrestling stuff in his area; he was always playing the heel

I'm pretty public about my issues with anxiety so doing these panels and being in front of camera is certainly nerve-racking, but I've really enjoyed getting my personality out there. I love pro wrestling, and I've always loved the idea of these big personalities, but I never could be a wrestler because I'm tiny and weak. When I first came to Giant Bomb I could finally be that. It was a release for me.
Dude used being a wrestling personality to overcome his fear of being on live camera

He's still an idiot, but the dude makes some pretty wicked smart decisions

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Aug 30, 2018
And they're stuck with her until she decides to leave. How would they ever fire her? It would be impossible. How would you even go about firing a "queer" and %100 woke "woman" without being completely cancelled?
Easy

New York is an at will employment state; she can be late once and they can fire her, hell they can even just do the "Heyyyy we're going to phase you out of here...you'll want to start looking," and they'd be protected

Let her make all the rantings she wants, put out a statement that says "After review, we decided to part ways and pursue other talents," and be done with it

EDIT: If she wants to continue working in broadcast, she could learn from Miucin's mistakes and not say shit instead of signalling you might put future employers on blast for dumb shit

Shit, in the corporate world, you could even fire her for being too controversial on social media and they'd be fine

She and others would just be another voice in the white noise to CBS/CBSi of "YOU'RE NOT PRODUCING MY PREFERRED CONTENT!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Dale-Gribble-
Status
Not open for further replies.