• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Personality Giant Bomb |OT2| Official Dan Fan Edition

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
This stream is fucking insane. So many rules and shit. Motherfucker bought a wheel.
It's not a popular opinion but Dan unleashed has proven that he has little value to anyone. I bet his Twitch is gone in about 6 months from now, just like Drew with his Cloth map.

Reactions: TheMadMan007

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
It's not a popular opinion but Dan unleashed has proven that he has little value to anyone. I bet his Twitch is gone in about 6 months from now, just like Drew with his Cloth map.
I wish that was true, but there are enough stupid people who will give him money just for being himself. Drew was actually trying to do something interesting and contribute to society, Dan is just trying to prove that him being wacky is enough to sucker people into giving him money for no real effort.

Harts316

Jun 11, 2020
Lmao fuck his stupid ass travel vlogs. Boring ass shit. Drew had the personality of a fucking paper towel.
Yeah, that shit was lame. Trying way to hard to be artsy and avant-garde.

I tried getting through the episode about some guy in Brazil selling used Master System games and I couldn't take it.

Reactions: brap

Shantae

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Jesus christ, I thought I had bad teeth, but he's a fucking mutant.

Lmao fuck his stupid ass travel vlogs. Boring ass shit. Drew had the personality of a fucking paper towel.
Yeah, fuck Drew's shit. Dude used his meme status to get people to pay for his vacations. All he did was use connections he had through giant bomb to meet people to tell him some shit that I already knew about in that Brazil video I watched.

Reactions: brap

Small Change

Jul 17, 2020
Fucking hell, what kind of thought process do you go through to first take that picture, view it and then upload it? I try not to ding people on their physical appearance but his teeth are in absolutely horrific condition.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I found Drew's ClothMap stuff pretty interesting. Chernobyl has always been fascinating to me, and seeing as I'll probably never actually go there, it was fun to see the process of what it's like visiting there. The Brazilian Black Market gaming stuff was ok, it gave me an insight into a place I've never been to, and the Mongolian games was also fairly interesting into an aspect of life I didn't even know existed. ClothMap was guised in a shell about video games but never really was about them mostly. It was a way for Drew to try his hand at a travelogue type entertainment, but because the output was so few and far between, it never got off the ground.

I didn't hate it like alot of you guys seem to do, but I didn't think it was the greatest thing on earth either. The handful of actual content in the 3+ years he was doing it was always baffling to me, and I never even once thought about giving him money to travel the world and document it. Most Patreons are setup as "eh, I really don't want to have a normal job like you, so give me money so I can make my hobby a career" It very rarely warrants the actual investment on the payer's part.

But, that being said, I'd take Drew and Danny's stuff over Dan's "let's see how much money I can sucker out of people" content 10 times out of 10. I just find historical information much more interesting than just someone trying to rake in cash by being wacky.

Reactions: Noboru Wataya

bender

Bending Rodríguez (22, 1,729)
Apr 12, 2010
I found Drew's ClothMap stuff pretty interesting. Chernobyl has always been fascinating to me, and seeing as I'll probably never actually go there, it was fun to see the process of what it's like visiting there. The Brazilian Black Market gaming stuff was ok, it gave me an insight into a place I've never been to, and the Mongolian games was also fairly interesting into an aspect of life I didn't even know existed. ClothMap was guised in a shell about video games but never really was about them mostly. It was a way for Drew to try his hand at a travelogue type entertainment, but because the output was so few and far between, it never got off the ground.

I didn't hate it like alot of you guys seem to do, but I didn't think it was the greatest thing on earth either. The handful of actual content in the 3+ years he was doing it was always baffling to me, and I never even once thought about giving him money to travel the world and document it. Most Patreons are setup as "eh, I really don't want to have a normal job like you, so give me money so I can make my hobby a career" It very rarely warrants the actual investment on the payer's part.

But, that being said, I'd take Drew and Danny's stuff over Dan's "let's see how much money I can sucker out of people" content 10 times out of 10. I just find historical information much more interesting than just someone trying to rake in cash by being wacky.
I feel like Dan needs a straight man to keep his crazy ideas in check and to play off of. His worst GiantBomb content came when he wasn't told "no Dan" (Burgle My Bananas).

frostyxc

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle
frostyxc.tumblr.com
I wasn't planning on throwing up when I rolled out of bed this morning, but here we are...

This comparison is very insulting to Mr. Schiavelli's memory and family, and you should feel ashamed. Therefore, you are sentenced to watching only Ben's content for two weeks and following only him on social media. May God have mercy on your soul...

Ramagamma

Mar 22, 2017
Drew seemed well liked on other giant bomb boards/forums but I always felt this awkwardness from him, almost an insecurity. I don't want to dogpile the guy buy either he was incredibly uncomfortable about being on camera, didn't actually like videogames and had to force the enthusiasm, or is a homosexual who felt uneasy about his private life being known.

brap

Jan 9, 2018
I feel like Dan needs a straight man to keep his crazy ideas in check and to play off of. His worst GiantBomb content came when he wasn't told "no Dan" (Burgle My Bananas).
I would say or straight woman but his wife seems to enable this shit lmao.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
Drew seemed well liked on other giant bomb boards/forums but I always felt this awkwardness from him, almost an insecurity. I don't want to dogpile the guy buy either he was incredibly uncomfortable about being on camera, didn't actually like videogames and had to force the enthusiasm, or is a homosexual who felt uneasy about his private life being known.
This is a weird take. Drew was never insecure or uncomfortable on camera. He talked many times about how he played tons of Counter-Strike, I believe, in high school, and I'm pretty sure he talked about playing lots of games when he was a kid, unless I'm misremembering. He worked for Backbone before he worked for Giant Bomb. And unless somebody can give me proof of him being an actual poopoo slammer, I'm gonna say it's kinda odd to think he is one. He never struck me as someone who salivates over sausage.

YodaBB

Nov 19, 2019
I'm hoping they get Drew to phone in for the FS2020 QL at least, maybe even do a special flightsim reunion feature with Dave as well. Those were probably my favorite of all GB vids. The chances of them having time to organise such a thing in their packed schedules of Minecraft, truck drumming and The Sims is, of course, close to zero.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I'm hoping that Drew can get back to streaming games. I miss seeing all the weird flight sim games and such that he used to stream. Maybe he can get back together with Dan and stream something neat. I'd love to see him and Dan stream a playthrough of Policenauts.

Reactions: TheMadMan007

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I think it's pretty crass to just start throwing around who did and didn't sleep with people and what a person's sexuality is. People just naturally have better chemistry with others sometime, it doesn't mean they are sleeping together, or even want to.

BTW, just to set the record straight, Drew is a pretty closed off person, he just doesn't like to talk about certain aspects of his life. He has different tastes in games but does love them, just some might be different than what you are used to. He spent plenty of time talking about growing up playing Genesis games on the Bombcast, and talking about games with Dan during film and 40s/MGScanlon. Also, he has a girlfriend who he's talked about briefly multiple times and featured in several videos, but leaves it at that. He's just a more closed off person. My best friend is very similar to Drew, where he just doesn't divulge certain parts of his life out to the general public. There is nothing wrong with that.

HotPocket69

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
I think it's pretty crass to just start throwing around who did and didn't sleep with people and what a person's sexuality is.
Dude you’re the last person here that should be dictating to others in the thread about how to treat or what to say about the crew considering you write multiple fucking novellas multiple times a week trashing them until kingdom come 🤣

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
Fucking hell, what kind of thought process do you go through to first take that picture, view it and then upload it? I try not to ding people on their physical appearance but his teeth are in absolutely horrific condition.
To be fair, I think he posted that on Twitter or some social media after he fell on his face and got hurt pretty bad.

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
Dude you’re the last person here that should be dictating to others in the thread about how to treat or what to say about the crew considering you write multiple fucking novellas multiple times a week trashing them until kingdom come 🤣
I believe there is a difference discussing the content and the path of the site, and how the staff refuses to communicate to the customers, vs speculating who did and didn't have an affair with a coworker, or what someone's sexuality is.

I like getting my thoughts out as best I can, so they can't be confused or misconstrued or taken out of context. A bit more writing alleviates those ideas or thoughts from being taken out of context. A few extra paragraphs doesn't hurt anyone, and when I write those posts, it's because I have a few small minutes in my day to get my thoughts out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harts316

Inviusx

Jan 4, 2016
Hey I hate nu-GB as much as any man but I can't support this current wave of Drew hate. He was one of the best parts of GB and brought us some of the greatest features the site has produced.

Also he actually did his homework for every quick look he lead, platforms, price, release date. Mother fucker even brought his own written notes for most of his videos.

Y'all gotta put the pipe down.

ElKabong

Sep 29, 2019
[...] I can't support this current wave of Drew hate.
I definitely don't hate Drew. He's part of some of the best content GB has ever produced. My comment about Cloth Map was just to compare with Dan's Twitch "career".

TheMadMan007

May 15, 2014
I think as long as the conversation stays mainly on topic and everyone is fairly civil, very little moderation actually needs to happen. I'll take this place over the overprotective other place or the cult that is the subreddit any day.

JovianLizards

Sep 9, 2019
I'm catching up on part two of Dan's Metroid Prime stream and at about two hours and thirty five minutes in he reads someones comment about how Jeff Gerstmann hates Metroid Prime, and goes on to say that Jeff hates pretty much every popular game that is universally loved, like Resident Evil 4. Even Dan is sick of Jeff's shit.

Shantae

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Excellent, my anime avatar is causing confusion. Gotta blend in and cause dissent among the ranks. I don't even know what its from, I stole it from some other forum.
I've never seen it, but I recognized it from Gurren Lagann. I feel like I need to check it out sometime, because I love sexy anime ladies that show some underboob.

brap

Jan 9, 2018
Somebody should get Dan to do a Cameo for Abby by telling him it's for your sister or something, then have him tell her to try harder cause' she sucks at her job, and then send it to Abby Russell.
No say it's about abby from tlou 2. YOU FUCKING SUCK ABBY I HATE YOU.

• LOL
Reactions: JovianLizards