• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwyre: Tokyo is coming to Game Pass and Xbox on April 12

ironmang

Video game review scores are cancer.
stop giving them any attention!
how many "7/10 too much water" or 3/10 God Hand examples do we need so that people finally understand that most reviewers are shit, and that game scores are complete nonsense, especially given how ridiculously dumb they are usually since they only ever use the range from 70 to 100, and because aggregation sites convert other scoring systems to their 0-100 system even tho they aren't necessarily comparable.
Reviews are also especially worthless if you can just play the game for free and see for yourself.

Banned
Reviews are also especially worthless if you can just play the game for free and see for yourself.

that too, but even without that they are useless unless they are deep dives that are released after the game has been out for a while.

you just can't expect a review that often needs a written and video version out at the day the Embargo lifts, which is usually only days after people got review code, to be in any way informative beyond surface level observations.

you often don't even know if the reviewer played anything but the lowest difficulty setting, which often entails completely missing the point or utilitzof many game mechanics

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
people care about reviews these days if its for an exclusive game. they can celebrate them as either a “win” for their favorite box, or a “loss” for the opposing box

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Very cheap these days, refunded when I launched but now with qol improvements and extra stuff guess Ill rebuy it and try to finish it. I got a stronger GPU now so I can play with all RT on.

MacReady13

By the way, I actually really enjoyed this game when I purchased this game a year ago. Sunk well over 20 hours into the campaign. Happy to have given the devs my hard earned for their hard work.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately it doesn't do anything unique and gets boring and monotonous pretty quickly, but it's fun to walk around Tokyo.

i finally got a ps5 last october, & this, along with demon's souls, was, completely unexpectedly, my favorite game (also played forbidden west, deathloop, rift apart, & returnal). weird & wonderful...

It's a solid title. I played a bit of it with the PS+ 3 hour preview. Maybe it was a 2 hour preview. Either way time flew by.

Kvally

Banned
Im not PAYING to play the game. Im paying to play

Excuse Me What GIF by Naughty Dog

3liteDragon

Didn't get this day one, but I'll add it to the library when it drops on PS Plus. I swear I don't even care if we barely get anything next year cause my backlog's kind of insane.

Bought it in a deep sale, was surprised to find it one of the most enjoyable games I played recently. Finished it and a good bit of the side quests and was hoping for more.

This was the PS5 timed exclusive I was most salty about, along with FF16. I played a bit on my PS5 and was enjoying it, but work got in the way, so at a certain point, I decided I wanted to start over on my Series X.

Going to enjoy this. I tend to shy away from horror-centric titles, but you're basically like a superhero/badass ninja in this game lol.

Markio128

It’s a game that seems great at first, but then quickly overstays its welcome imo. The open-world is kind of pointless, unless you enjoy collecting stuff, but the interior missions can be pretty decent. I absolutely hated the stealth missions though.

Thabass

That's cool, but this game should have been on there since it released. I've never been so bored playing a game before.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Ghostwrite threads depress me in how easy it is for people to look at this game and just completely write it off.

It was my GOTY for 2022 and the only game I've ever platinum'd. Seeing dipshit replies in Ghostwire threads makes me want to nuke my account and be done with this place. I feel like I've reached my limit for hot takes.

stressed cigarettes GIF by Polyvinyl Records

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like the xbox / game pass launch is going to be simultaneous across the world, no need to take a quick trip to new zealand here.

Central Time, CTTue, Apr 11, 2023 at 7:00 pm CDT
Pacific Time, PTTue, Apr 11, 2023 at 5:00 pm PDT
Eastern Time, ETTue, Apr 11, 2023 at 8:00 pm EDT
Central European Summer Time, CESTWed, Apr 12, 2023 at 2:00 am CEST
British Summer Time, BSTWed, Apr 12, 2023 at 1:00 am BST
Japan Standard Time, JSTWed, Apr 12, 2023 at 9:00 am JST
Australian Eastern Time, AETWed, Apr 12, 2023 at 10:00 am AEST

adamsapple

FYI the game has received a performance improvement patch, haven't tested it myself but hopefully it irons out the launch deficiencies.

Series S now also has HFR Performance modes that it lacked at launch.

Performance Enhancements

We’ve added various optimizations to improve overall game performance, particularly on Xbox consoles—including an HFR Performance Graphics Mode for Xbox Series S, which should result in a smoother experience when enabled. You can find this new setting under Options > Graphics.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

FYI the game has received a performance improvement patch, haven't tested it myself but hopefully it irons out the launch deficiencies.

Series S now also has HFR Performance modes that it lacked at launch.

Now it would be necessary for some website to show us the improvement obtained... Unfortunately the general rule is the opposite. Perhaps the experience of the users can shed light, but I doubt it is possible in the case of a game with such an unstable framerate.

adamsapple

It is better on SX but there are still dips.

Yep, just gave a quick cursory 10 min check. Performance mode feels smoother, HFR non-vsync still tears and there is still traversal stutter, but what feels like frame rate drops seem to have lessened.

Top Bottom