• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwyre: Tokyo is coming to Game Pass and Xbox on April 12

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
andre-braugher-hot-damn.gif

gothmog

Gold Member
I played the trial on PS5. Interesting concept but I was not willing to pay for it based on my first impressions. I plan on at least checking it out on Series X to see how it looks.

Roberts

It's set in Shibuya, right? Stayed there for a week 10 years ago, loved it so this will be another chance to get back there, get drunk with ghosts and do some karaoke. Don't tell me you can't do that!

Ozriel

M$FT
75% metacritic is pretty middling, not to say it’s BAD or anything, but didn’t have what I’d consider great reviews

I certainly never said ‘great’.
75% is considered ‘good’ by all metrics. Better score than the 71% for Days Gone that you enjoyed, for example.

I think most people would think 6/10 when talking about ‘middling scores’.

Either way, this release supposedly improves the combat so it should even be better than the launch experience

75% is considered ‘good’ by all metrics. Better score than the 71% for Days Gone that you enjoyed, for example.

Either way, this release supposedly improves the combat so it should even be better than the launch experience

I never said I couldn’t enjoy a title with a 75 meta, but I still don’t consider that a good score

Days Gone was panned by critics and wasn’t much lower, as you have pointed out.

Critics can be wrong though, especially when politics get mixed into the picture

Mr Hyde

Great game. Spooky atmosphere with a cool first person combat with ghosts and spirits. Takes place in an open world Tokyo (that looks really good) and you can grapple hook around and even float around buildings and rooftops. It's like a weirder and quirkier take on Ghostbusters. Don't sleep on this Xbox peeps.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's not a very good game, unfortunately. Lots of potential but it didn't come together and just became a below average shooter with boring collectathon elements. Cool setting and great graphics but totally underused.

Last edited:
Did this already come to PS+? I can't remember. I originally wanted it, but lost interest when it released to so-so reception.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Did this already come to PS+? I can't remember. I originally wanted it, but lost interest when it released to so-so reception.
I think it released a few weeks ago on it. I was going to start it, but figured I’d wait to see when the Xbox version gets released, and then if there’s a difference in performance.

Edit: maybe it’s the announcement of it coming to ps+ is what I’m thinking about.

Last edited:

Ristifer

Many on this forum think a 95 is middling. It's either a 98-99/100 masterpiece or it's utter trash.

diffusionx

Gold Member

I think Days Gone is WAY better than this game, I really don't care what Metacritic says.

Banned
For those of you wondering about ratings or game quality, it got decent scores. But nothing groundbreaking.

AggregatorScore
MetacriticPC: 77/100[14]
PS5: 75/100[15]

75% metacritic is pretty middling, not to say it’s BAD or anything, but didn’t have what I’d consider great reviews

I never said I couldn’t enjoy a title with a 75 meta, but I still don’t consider that a good score

Days Gone was panned by critics and wasn’t much lower, as you have pointed out.

Critics can be wrong though, especially when politics get mixed into the picture

Video game review scores are cancer.
stop giving them any attention!
how many "7/10 too much water" or 3/10 God Hand examples do we need so that people finally understand that most reviewers are shit, and that game scores are complete nonsense, especially given how ridiculously dumb they are usually since they only ever use the range from 70 to 100, and because aggregation sites convert other scoring systems to their 0-100 system even tho they aren't necessarily comparable.

Last edited:

Griffon

Maybe they'll fix the PC version by then (it has horrible stutters and input lag).

Last edited:

Nydius

Been patiently waiting a year to try this. I'm kinda hyped. Looked very colorful and original in the trailers at least.
i‘d recommend temporing your expectations. I was hyped for it when I got my PS5 only to realize it’s a shallow, highly repetitive, bland open world. It’s not as colorful as it looks, it’s mostly shades of asphalt gray. It’s possibly one of the worst open world grindfests I’ve played in recent memory. If 95 Merlin Trials seemed like overkill in Hogwarts, enjoy hunting down the 240,300 spirits in Ghostwire.

Some of the stylizing is nice, like the rain effects being kanji characters.

Edit: Despite the above negativity, I don’t regret playing it and do think it‘s a fine addition to game pass. Just… don’t expect it to reinvent the wheel, that’s all and I can’t recommend 100%’ing it unless you hate yourself. IMO,the side quests are often better than the main quest.

Last edited:
It was an OK game. It gave you all of your powers way too fast so it got repetitive pretty quickly, but I enjoyed my time with it well enough. Ended up getting the platinum trophy on PS5 in around 30-35 hours-ish

Top Bottom