• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghosts of Ikishima - Expandalone coming in 2021

Bartski

Gold Member
Apparently, Ghost of Tsushima gets a stand-alone expansion akin to Miles Morales - Ghosts of Ikishima - says Speshial Nick who often seems full of shit but then sometimes gets things right from his "inside sources"

I so want this to be true.

EDIT: domain ghostofikishima.com registered and re-directing to playstation.com.

4EQScje.jpg

Edit: with the obligatory typo in the title Mod of War Mod of War haalp (Ikishima) edit: Thanks

MORE:

RX02IPW.jpg

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Apparently, Ghost of Tsushima gets a stand-alone expansion akin to Miles Morales - Ghosts of Ikishima - says Speshial Nick who often seems full of shit but then sometimes gets things right from his "inside sources"

I so want this to be true.

Edit: with the obligatory typo in the title Mod of War Mod of War haalp (Ikishima)

MORE:

If you slow down trying to be 1st you will make less mistakes ;)

Anyway good news.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Hopefully it has a lot of QOL and gameplay improvement over the original one.

TrueLegend

Sucker Punch seem to know their stuff well but this time I want the graphics that were shown in E3, that real bamboo foliage not the cartoony one. No bullshit downgrade in fidelity for cross-gen appeasement.

reksveks

What price do we think? Also is it forming a pattern? I don't mind smaller games in terms of core length

Sucker Punch seem to know their stuff well but this time I want the graphics that were shown in E3, that real bamboo foliage not the cartoony one. No bullshit downgrade in fidelity for cross-gen appeasement.
I would put money on it being crossgen

Airbus Jr

Banned
Hope its a standalone dlc and we dont have to repeat the game from start again

Many people here prob have already deleted the game file from their console

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ghost Of Tsushima is an amazing game. But definitely not GOTY. Not trying to take anything away from Ghost Of Tsushima. But there was another game that outperformed it. It set sales records as well as GOTY records. We all know what that game is.
I don't base GOTY on what sells the best. By that logic, CoD is GOTY every year. Ghost was the better game over TLOU2.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Nice but honestly would rather wait for a full game then these short dlc spin offs. The miles spider man game was great but so short…

Airbus Jr

Banned
Ghost Of Tsushima is an amazing game. But definitely not GOTY. Not trying to take anything away from Ghost Of Tsushima. But there was another game that outperformed it. It set sales records as well as GOTY records. We all know what that game is.
But GoT indeed won GOTY from several websites

When you said another game that set sales record and outperfomed it were you referencing Cyberpunk 2077?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, the downgrade during the Duel fight was very apparent. The lighting got a major downgrade. The rest of the game was fine though.

I do wonder if the PS4 Pro can run the lighting in both TLOU2 and GoT and they had to downgrade them to run on the base PS4. Very disappointing to see stuff like that.

I hope this is a next gen only release, but recent events suggest its going to be cross gen. It's a shame because Sucker Punch's Infamous Second Son was the first true next gen showcase last gen and we will likely have to wait till 2025 to get a next gen only game from them.

yurinka

I want more GoT single player stuff, if possible in a sequel but I'd be ok with a DLC, standalone or not. I don't care if the sequel or spin-off is ~10 hour-ish long as back in the time games like Uncharted or Gears were.

I think games like Spider-Man, Uncharted 4, TLOU2 or GoT would have better removing 1/3 or the half of its content which was mostly filler stuff to make the game longer because of reasons and made them a bit too long for me.

Apparently, Ghost of Tsushima gets a stand-alone expansion akin to Miles Morales
Miles Morales isn't an expansion. It's a different, spin-off game.

Nice but honestly would rather wait for a full game then these short dlc spin offs. The miles spider man game was great but so short…
Miles Morales isn't a DLC.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Maybe Jaffe was right about the Sony strategy for this gen is to develop smaller shorter MM like titles at AAA quality with a relatively fast turnaround, and perhaps have them carry the upcoming PS+2.0 as day one drops alongside those huge blockbusters like a proper GoT sequel. One that will take at least 5 years to make, as they always do.

Dabaus

Banned
Sorry for this off topic rant but Its just sad that an xbox insider guy is also the most reliable Playstation leaker as well. Im not saying sony needs to start spreading fake news with so called twitter insiders like Tim Dawg, but man, theyre not trying to stir any excitement at all with grass roots fans. Everything is crossgen, radio silence, "organic growth," crossplay...its just so boring at the moment.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Great idea if true. Would be perfect for holiday 2021.

Probably $50, PS4 PS5, like 10 hours singleplayer. Then multiplayer Legends mode on top.

Great way to add a new map and some new story bits. Ghost 1.5. And maybe co-op?

Sucker Punch were the original Sony team to do this stuff btw. Festival of Blood on PS3. Infamous First Light on PS4.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Surprising and totally unexpected. But I wouldn't mind another reason to spend 10 - 15 hours in that world again.

What's more exciting for me is to see what story direction they take the DLC takes place after the events of the game. There is so much potential and so many ways they can take the story to, and this may give us plenty of hints at the direction SP wants to take it to.

Bragr

Banned
Absolutely awesome. I would love to go back to that game. Need more trophies to chase in that game.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sorry for this off topic rant but Its just sad that an xbox insider guy is also the most reliable Playstation leaker as well. Im not saying sony needs to start spreading fake news with so called twitter insiders like Tim Dawg, but man, theyre not trying to stir any excitement at all with grass roots fans. Everything is crossgen, radio silence, "organic growth," crossplay...its just so boring at the moment.
I'm kind of glad that at least Sony stuff doesn't leak out, and they show it precisely when they want to show it. False rumors and leaks can be so damaging to the brand.

Bartski

Gold Member
Honestly, i still play legends every weekend....its fantastic and a ton of fun with friends.
I honestly care more for this to add more RAIDS and expand on Legends with a single-player component as a nice bonus. If they keep the proportions the area map is smaller than the area of a single act from the main game.

yurinka

Sure thing captain semantics police. Stand-alone expansion meaning a separate smaller scope game like Miles Morales or Uncharted Lost Legacy.
Expansion = big DLC. Morales isn't a DLC, it's a different game.

Oh cmon, why wasting time with this thing?! Let them work full time full team on the sequel...or infamous 4.
I'd prefer to see them focused on the GoT sequel and to keep Infamous buried.

Last edited:

yurinka

Maybe Jaffe was right about the Sony strategy for this gen is to develop smaller shorter MM like titles at AAA quality with a relatively fast turnaround, and perhaps have them carry the upcoming PS+2.0 as day one drops alongside those huge blockbusters like a proper GoT sequel. One that will take at least 5 years to make, as they always do.
I think they must stop making AAA games longer and bigger. 10-15 hours of main story plus an additional 10 of secondary stuff/collectibles/trophies is the sweet spot for me. Copy paste missions and so on to make them several times longer isn't good.

I'm ok with having even shorter games like Morales or even a bit shorter, specially if not priced at full price.

Last edited:

sojuwarrior

Will be nice to see what they can do with the graphics on ps5 only but this will most likely be cross-gen?
Makes sense financially at least

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I want more GoT single player stuff, if possible in a sequel but I'd be ok with a DLC, standalone or not. I don't care if the sequel or spin-off is ~10 hour-ish long as back in the time games like Uncharted or Gears were.

I think games like Spider-Man, Uncharted 4, TLOU2 or GoT would have better removing 1/3 or the half of its content which was mostly filler stuff to make the game longer because of reasons and made them a bit too long for me.

Miles Morales isn't an expansion. It's a different, spin-off game.

Miles Morales isn't a DLC.
Od GIF by MCDM

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Their radio silence is infuriating but I am glad they dont cultivate losers like Timdog and insiders.

The problem with their silence is that they have nothing but bad news so they pretty much have to stay silent. There is absolutely no way they can spin their three big games going cross gen, MLB going to Xbox Gamepass, and having all three previously announced 2021 games delay into 2022. What can they say really to make us feel better? They did try to do some damage control by telling us they have 25 first party games in development, but no one ever talks about that so clearly that kind of talk is taken as PR fluff and ignored.

I have a bad feeling about this upcoming conference. Kojima said Death Stranding PS5 edition is gonna be there. So we already have one expansion coming. We know ND is working on Factions and TLOU1 remake so thats two expansions, and now this one. If that fucking conference is literally just 6 cross gen games Horizon, GoW, TLOU, Death Stranding, GoT, and GT7 then it's gonna be brutal. Maybe thats why they arent hyping it.

Typically when companies are confident in their showings, they cant wait to talk about it over and over again, but Sony seems to be almost afraid to talk about their upcoming games lately.

Last edited:

tmlDan

I honestly care more for this to add more RAIDS and expand on Legends with a single-player component as a nice bonus. If they keep the proportions the area map is smaller than the area of a single act from the main game.
im in the same boat, literally yesterday i was sad thinking about them not adding more content to it because of their next project. Id totally support them adding more and even paying for it.

Imagine if they could pull off 4v4 PVP or something.

fallingdove

Don't ever accuse Sony of creative bankruptcy. GamePass is the real evil!

Creative bankruptcy? As in going back to the drawing board after critically and commercially panned 1st party titles to re-emerge from a lengthy drought with Halo and Forza sequels?

I can't understand, with the state of Sony's creativity, how they can continue to release GOTY after GOTY. It makes no sense. They really do need to take a page out of Microsoft's playbook.

Larlight

Don't think this will be a next gen only game people. It's probably cross gen as they have been developing it for quite some time and the original came out of PS4. So keep your expectations in check.

Top Bottom