• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint |OT| Mo'Drone warfare

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I had played so much that by the time immersive mode had come out I had been dismantling tons of shit so that I had plenty of supplies for upgrades. It seems an oversight though as the only way to get supplies for upgrades in immersive mode is to fight the titans and do side missions that give you weapon upgrade parts. The problem is that is a much slower way of doing it than just popping into regular mode and doing a bunch of missions and breaking down the weapons as you get them.

I had played so much that by the time immersive mode had come out I had been dismantling tons of shit so that I had plenty of supplies for upgrades. It seems an oversight though as the only way to get supplies for upgrades in immersive mode is to fight the titans and do side missions that give you weapon upgrade parts. The problem is that is a much slower way of doing it than just popping into regular mode and doing a bunch of missions and breaking down the weapons as you get them.

I forgot you can switch back and forth.. hell that is a really easy way to get parts.

I've found enough of the normal stuff for the most part, but "metal parts" seem to only be obtainable in small amounts in the wild, or getting a ton hunting Behemoths. I KIND of like that it 'forces' you to fight them, since they could be easily cheesed out of their chest without even fighting them.

I was watching some of my old Wildlands videos last night, and MAN that environment just felt so much better. The little NPCs walking around, the narcocorridos on the radio, just all of it contributed to so much more of a believable world. It's sad.

Naru

I don't really get it. Kinda late for this, isn't it? Is there new content coming with the AI Teammates update or am I supposed to play through the whole game again?

magaman

Banned
not strange at all. they've promised to release an AI update pretty much when the game launched. it just took them forever, but not releasing it at all would've been way worse.

The majority of people who would've bought the game already have. AI teammates will not result in massive sales. Would argue that new content / mission types / gameplay elements would add more value.

Walledhouse

Do they still have the dumb loot system? I loved Wildlands but once I saw that this game was dead to me.
You can (weirdly) turn off loot. You find guns and parts and can upgrade that gun with the parts. It slightly gets better by 1-5% over the course of the game, which is sort of still enough to drive you to max-out your favourite but doesn’t feel like Divison or anything.

Never really played with the original gear score system but I have a friend with it turned on. He’s always remarking on guns and levels and I can just ignore that and play.

Denton

So I bounced off Wildlands twice but on the third try it finally clicked and I quite enjoyed it. Did every single mission and finished it.

Saw that Breakpoint is for 9 euros on EGS and teammate update is coming, so I picked it up.

I only played about 30 minutes, but I gotta say the way camera works (how close it is) is strange, and the controls and animations are also kinda strange compared to Wildlands. And is there still no way to holster the gun? I could holster in Wildlands.

Should I play immersive or regular, which is better? I prefer immersion so I picked immersive.

So I bounced off Wildlands twice but on the third try it finally clicked and I quite enjoyed it. Did every single mission and finished it.

Saw that Breakpoint is for 9 euros on EGS and teammate update is coming, so I picked it up.

I only played about 30 minutes, but I gotta say the way camera works (how close it is) is strange, and the controls and animations are also kinda strange compared to Wildlands. And is there still no way to holster the gun? I could holster in Wildlands.

Should I play immersive or regular, which is better? I prefer immersion so I picked immersive.
Immersive is so much more fun. You can almost play it like a Metal Gear game. Being slower paced it will probably take you 150+ hours to complete the game and find all the stuff though.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I'm finding the added squad more of a pain in the arse than Wildlands, cant put my finger on it.

Good for those that really wanted it though, think I prefer the lone wolf aproach with this game.

Denton

Some 8 hours in, I like it. Possibly more than Wildlands so far. Bolivia was more varied and beautiful, but Breakpoint is more immersive somehow. It does not feel as badly Ubisoft: The Game as Wildlands did.

Denton

Nomad, also known as Venom Snake

tomclancysghostreconbqxj0g.png

tomclancysghostreconby3kvp.png

tomclancysghostreconbdokak.png

Frankly, I am enjoying this a ton.

Pejo

I just watched the last trailer that shows all the improvements. It looks like you can shut off loot mode and AI teammates are back. It looks like pretty much everything on my list has been addressed actually, and of course, I miss a sale by like a week or two.

Definitely going to pick this up now, next time it's 30 or less.

How are you guys enjoying it since the changes?

Pejo

Well, Ultimate edition is 30 bucks now on Uplay, Gold edition is 25, standard is 15. For anyone on the fence since the changes. I would be up for some co-op with other GAFfers sometime, I'm picking it up today finally.

CitizenX

Banned
Nail in the coffin. My friends and I loved Wildlands, but fck me. I will NEVER forget that video where they "flew in" all these long time GR players and talked up how BP was the GR game they have been waiting for. Yea, all you fcking streamers and community members can fck off.

Pejo

So what the fuck were they thinking with goddamn Behemoths. At a surface level, they seem ominous and cool, they add danger to any area they roam in. Then you realize that they have a moveset comprised of 2 moves that they literally just spam over and over, and have bloated health pools that force you to shoot panels that you can't see (solo at least). I beat the one at Walker's base after like 2 and a half hours of failures and retries with my AI squad, or, in that case just pavement dressing. I don't think they stayed alive longer than a minute in any attempt. Anyways, I wanted some of the guns being "guarded" by these things, but quickly found it was much eaiser to just sneak past them and loot the chests and fast travel out. What a shitty way to implement these enemies.

Actually, now that I think about it, it reminds me a lot of bullet sponge bosses from The Division. They probably got the assholes that designed those to help.

I've been mostly enjoying the game other than the Behemoths. I feel like base infiltration isn't as good/fun as in Wildlands. It's interesting for a bit that enemies have drones too, but this game forces you to almost fully scout each base before invading. I liked just scoping out what I could see from the last game and playing it by ear as I crept through, or parachuting in and just taking bases out from the top down. You really can't do that in this game due to the AI instantly knowing your location and suspiciously "hovering" around you while you are hidden. The gunplay is pretty good, and that's something I've always liked about Ghost Recon games, the TTK is realistically lower than a lot of shooters, so you can feel pretty great when you enter a room and clean up in a matter of seconds before the enemies have a chance to properly react.

I don't like the open world bloat with the blueprints scattered in what looks like a honecomb pattern in every map. They could have had far less boring bases and just more density of loot and enemies. Maybe make the layouts more interesting or different. I also don't like the overhead plane drones which basically just amount to "stop and prone camo for 30 seconds" or "don't be swimming". I realize teammates were an afterthought too, but they feel really...stupid in this game vs. Wildlands. It's not like they were little Einsteins before, but now they just walk wherever the fuck they want to and creep out of cover, frustratingly even after using the order wheel.

Since I just bought the game, I basically changed all the loot and game settings to mimic Wildlands. I had no interest in gear score and I'm so glad they let you shut it off. You can tell the game was designed with it in mind, however, as everything requires parts and materials that you should be getting by dismantling old/crappy weapons.

Are there any PC GAF still playing this? I'd like to try Raids sometime, but I'd rather not do it with randoms.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Are there any PC GAF still playing this? I'd like to try Raids sometime, but I'd rather not do it with randoms.

I've done the raid at least 2 dozen times and I don't think I've enjoyed it at all. It really sucks and it's just a pain to get through especially since they patched the DMR glitch which really helped with how bullet spongey the whole thing is. It's awful. I was glad to get most of the gear I wanted so I never have to do it again.

I think I'm gonna jump into the new stuff this weekend. Looks like it could be fun. I really wish my buddies liked this game as much as I do. I recognize it has it's issues, but it's more of what I liked about Wildlands and I'm ok with that.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I just picked this up on sale. I’m actually loving this game lol. There’s something very therapeutic about the gameplay loop and base clearing/traversal. I never played Wildlands but this appealed to me more and they were the same price.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I just picked this up on sale. I’m actually loving this game lol. There’s something very therapeutic about the gameplay loop and base clearing/traversal. I never played Wildlands but this appealed to me more and they were the same price.
Dont sleep on Wildlands, it's actually pretty bloody good, and looks better half the time.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I’ve just picked up Breakpoint cheap on Ubisoft’s promise off 60fps update coming for next gen.
I think the updates already out. I played it yesterday, in performance mode it's smooth as anything. It even displays the X/S symbol.

It's gorgeous at night on the Series X and offers a 'darker' night option in the settings

Looks lovely.

Shmunter

I think the updates already out. I played it yesterday, in performance mode it's smooth as anything. It even displays the X/S symbol.

It's gorgeous at night on the Series X and offers a 'darker' night option in the settings

Looks lovely.
So it’s 60? Will checkout ASAP

Top Bottom