• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint beta set for September 5 to 8 | New Trailers | Delta Company Community Program

Mista

Banned

The beta test for Ghost Recon: Breakpoint will run from September 5 to 8, Ubisoft announced at its E3 2019 press conference.

The beta will let players explore the Auroa archipelago, alone or in four-player co-op, and face the renegade Wolves. The Wolves, led by former ghost Lt. Col. Cole D. Walker (played by actor Jon Bernthal), are an elite unit with the same training and skills as you, and who have also taken control of an army of military drones.

Players are guaranteed access to the beta by pre-ordering Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. Players who do not pre-order can sign up here for a chance to get in.

In related news, Ubisoft announced Ghost Recon Delta Company, a new community program that offers special content and direct discussion with developers.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 4.

Last edited:

The Shepard

I got my key and didn't pre order, downloading now. Just log onto there site.

Anybody who registered for the beta on Ubi's site, get an email or a code yet?

I got 3 invites if anyone wants one. PS4.

Last edited:

Paradicia

Any for PS4? Or is it PC only?

Boss Mog

please PM me if you still have one.

Last edited:
I really am flabbergasted how bad it is.

1. Graphics make me want to whipe the hypothetical vaseline off my monitor.
2. Draw distance is horrible.
3. pop in rendering horrible.
4.menus ui is so confusing and bad
5. go back to wildlands, its so smooth and clean looking. Graphics are way better and you seamlessly play however style you want to.
6.The hub world makes Anthem feel like game of the generation.
7. It just looks so uggo.
8. I understand making the game more animation/immersive heavy, but you move so sluggish it's just not fun to play. Wildlands was so snappy and seamless with everything.
9. Picking a mission doesn't seem to ever really put it on the map. Like wtf is going on.
10. Shooting enemies isn't satifying, feels like you are shooting empty balloons.
11. Like everything just looks so gross, greasy, and blocky that isn't 5 feet within your character, wildlands you could snipe a dude 700 miles away and it looked good.

I like the moment to moment gameplay a lot, but I cannot stress how much I hate the loot system in this game. It has absolutely no place in a Ghost Recon game. They should have left that loot grind bullshit to Division. A lot of people were complaining about it during the alpha as well so I was hoping they would reevaluate it, but alas...

AnotherOne

I really am flabbergasted how bad it is.

1. Graphics make me want to whipe the hypothetical vaseline off my monitor.
2. Draw distance is horrible.
3. pop in rendering horrible.
4.menus ui is so confusing and bad
5. go back to wildlands, its so smooth and clean looking. Graphics are way better and you seamlessly play however style you want to.
6.The hub world makes Anthem feel like game of the generation.
7. It just looks so uggo.
8. I understand making the game more animation/immersive heavy, but you move so sluggish it's just not fun to play. Wildlands was so snappy and seamless with everything.
9. Picking a mission doesn't seem to ever really put it on the map. Like wtf is going on.
10. Shooting enemies isn't satifying, feels like you are shooting empty balloons.
11. Like everything just looks so gross, greasy, and blocky that isn't 5 feet within your character, wildlands you could snipe a dude 700 miles away and it looked good.

What system you playing on?

Winter John

I played it for a while. It was ok. The one thing I really don't like is the way my character was sticking to everything. Walls, doors, rocks. It got annoying as shit going near buildings and having my character glueing himself to the doorways. Also, no binoculars. Meh. I'll give it another shot but right now it's a $20 game

Played a bit of the x1x and pro versions

Very start of the demo feels different in a good way but once you reach the hub area it settles into the same feeling ghost recon as the last one

The hub area seems cool but it's essentialy a glorified menu...it allows you to alter loadouts...buy weapons and join various game modes or missions.....once u get back into the game it's essentially the same as wildlands....only difference is the bad guys have levels which mean at low level they are sponges

Game looks and plays much better on x1x...ps4 pro has some weird input delay which I didn't notice on x1x

One plus for the pro I noticed was the game server appear to be much quicker...not sure if there are issues but I will try again some more today

Last edited:
Ubisoft shooter games are really nearing the point where they'll just end up fusing into this bland mess.

Doesn't help that it also looks like ass.

PC ultra 1440p. It's dogshit and i'm not the only one saying it. Check out the ubi forums. It's a hilarious shitshow and they changed absolutely nothing from the closed alpha

That's weird. It looked pretty good last time I played it. Maybe some of the graphics options aren't working properly.

I played quite bit on the 1x. I really enjoyed it. It feels like an upgraded version of Wildlands, in a better setting (imo) with more focus on loot. I was feeling it. I already had it preordered and will be keeping it.

This game really doesn't look good enough to run this poorly. I get that it's a beta, but last time I played a beta with this type of shitty performance, we ended up with Anthem.

Playing on X1X and I would be hard pressed to find anything "smooth" in this game. Oh yeah, and welcome back screen tearing! It almost makes me nostalgic about GRAW lol.

On a positive note, the snow effects are pretty slick.

Arachnid

The fact that they turned this into a looter shooter (lmao @ picking up a more powerful version of the exact same weapon you currently have) with bullet sponge enemies killed it for me. It's Ghost Recon. A headshot should always be a one hit kill. Now it may as well be The Division.

Last edited:
The fact that they turned this into a looter shooter (lmao @ picking up a more powerful version of the exact same weapon you currently have) with bullet sponge enemies killed it for me. It's Ghost Recon. A headshot should always be a one hit kill. Now it may as well be The Division.
Huh? I've yet to see any human enemies that don't die from one shot to the head. Even the Wolves in the beginning of the game that you're supposed to run away from die in one headshot.
The only exception I've seen (so far) is the heavily-armored gatling gunners, who need their helmet knocked off first, making it two shots.

Drones, on the other hand...

That said, I'm still not a fan of the loot system. People have been complaining about it since the alpha but the devs already made their decision I suppose.

Top Bottom