• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima wins TGA Players Voice award

Lupingosei

Banned
Sony has already bargain binned the price of TLO2.
For example in Australia its selling for $29 AUD(22 USD). RRP is $99 AUD.
They clearly printed way too many copies. Game was on sale weeks after release and has been regularly since.

Yes, one of our biggest online retailers had it for 20 dollars on Black Friday. The other one for even less.

All while you still have to pay full price for Ghost. On Amazon Germany you get the Steelbook version for pretty much the same price as a regular Ghost.

Last of Us 2

Ghost of Tsushima

ethomaz

Banned
Still with the launch sales narrative I see.
Wut?

The dude says GoT sold more at full price than TLOU2 when TLOU2 sold over 4 million units at full price... GoT sold 2.4m units at full price... that is the data we have.

That is ridiculous... it is not narrative it is facts.

The hate for TLOU2 is undeserved and nonsense.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
Wut?

The dude says GoT sold more at full price than TLOU2 when TLOU2 sold over 4 million units at full price... GoT sold 2.4m units at full price... that is the data we have.

That is ridiculous... it is not narrative it is facts.

The hate for TLOU2 is undeserved and nonsense.
Hmm GoT is still selling at full price though unlike $30 standard Amazon price TLOUII.
Still never mind I didn't read that post strings one by one, and I didn't realize you would only stick to that argument while ignoring his other takes.

ethomaz

Banned
Hmm GoT is still selling at full price though unlike $30 standard Amazon price TLOUII.
Still never mind I didn't read that post strings one by one, and I didn't realize you would only stick to that argument while ignoring his other takes.
That is false... it is $39.99 on Best Buy for a long time already... since before Black Friday at least.

Edit - It is $39.99 on Walmart too.

Last edited:
In addition if you look at the trends, TLoU2 very sharply dropped off in sales once word of mouth got around about how bad it really is. In comparison, GoT's sales remained steady and strong, and when the free Legends content update was announced it also served as a huge positive boost for the game. A lot of people who originally didn't buy it coz 'no multiplayer' suddenly went 'well HEY!...'

I have no doubt that if we were to look at today's numbers, GoT will be ahead by leaps and bounds as the Legends DLC is a HUGE factor.
Yep. Also, it wasn't just Legends, but also how efficiently GoT was promoted. Prior to Legends' launch, it had the Games of a Generation promotion from Sept. 30 to Oct. 14. Two days after the promotion ended, Sucker Punch launched legends. Gamstat's data showed that the discount was more effective for GoT than TLOU2 (both games had their promotions from their 76th to 90th day).

fqnxaono4ht51.png
What did Naughty Dog do? Launch an Abby trailer at a really weird time and the video got badly ratio'ed. Such smart, efficient marketing. My expectations are subverted.

MagnesG

Banned
Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It starts around mid November, still not sure if that's a promo price or not. I could get a promo price for TLOUII for much less.
$29.99

A month older game that have more full priced sales get discounted first and with $10 less.

Shocked.

You know every game has to match a minimum number of full priced sales before start to get discounted.
And every game will be discounted.
First publishers target these that can buy the game near the launch at full price and after they target others consumers that only buy promotion sales doing these price cuts.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
$29.99

A month older game that have more full priced sales get discounted first and with $10 less.

Shocked.

You know every game has to match a minimum number of full priced sales before start to get discounted.
And every game will be discounted.
First publishers target these that can buy the game near the launch at full price and after they target others consumers that only buy promotion sales doing these price cuts.
Sure. In fact it's because we don't have any numbers outside of launch sales that thinking the game potentially slow down hard on sales.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Well deserved. Thought GoT was the most well rounded game of the year. Sucker Punch did a really good job with it. It's not easy making such a revered and original IP. It will easily get a sequel now, and made a lot of waves when it released. They also pushed PS4 to the absolute limit, beautiful game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finish this games main story tonight, absolutely loved it, that ending was fantastic. There’s so many good things about this game, I really only have one complaint and it’s just that there was a lack of ambient music when exploring, it would come in every so often but it was rather short. The game had such great music I wanted to hear more of it outside of missions, combat and cut scenes.

Fucking great game, pretty great story, great characters, amazing art direction, great soundtrack, incredible combat, surprisingly great stealth, amazing photo mode.

I’d love to see another game, but maybe not with this time period, take it into the future. The 1700 or 1800s maybe when western civilization was starting to take over and samurai were becoming a thing of the past. Give me a large city as a part of the map, samurai fighting to hold up tradition while being forced into the modern era. The fall of the Edo period. Basically The Last Samurai without the Nathan Algren storyline.

lucius

Already own it and finally scored a PS5 digital from Sony Direct today, so now I can finish this incredible game. Congrats well deserved !

Codes 208

People on Gaf were calling it GOTY before it even had a second of gameplay shown so this doesn't surprise me.
There was a very strong debate that Tlous2 or animal crossing (atleast for fan-voting) could’ve also won. Personally I’m happy with the decision

Top Bottom