• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima wins TGA Players Voice award

Yeap it was 4chan.

Before 4chan started the massive votes TLOU2 was leading by 11%.
With 4chan massive campaign It ended with GoT winning by 10%.

While that Miles Morales for example had a 2-3% chance only.
Right, just like Trump was leading until other ballots were counted. It happens.

The fact of the matter is, you genuinely think that they swung the vote by over 20% themselves and think it some sort of anomaly that the game that won the first two rounds handily somehow won this one too, and not that TLOU II mysteriously had a massive upswing.

Whatever helps you cope, I guess.

ethomaz

Banned
IIRC GOT was leading Day 1 & Day 2 so not really a shocker that it won. Well done Sucker Punch.
Nope.

Dec 6.
EokJFF2UcAEH_g7

Dec 7.
EomxbcHVEAA5OeD

ethomaz

Banned
Right, just like Trump was leading until other ballots were counted. It happens.

The fact of the matter is, you genuinely think that they swung the vote by over 20% themselves and think it some sort of anomaly that the game that won the first two rounds handily somehow won this one too, and not that TLOU II mysteriously had a massive upswing.

Whatever helps you cope, I guess.
Trump lead is like a small lead from what I remember... less than 1%.
The change started when the votes by mail started to be counted (it was late because the mail delivery is slower).
That is what I read on news... I'm not American.

TLOU2 was leading by 11% when Neil posted the twitter and 4chan started the mass campaign to make TLOU2 lose.

ethomaz

Banned
My bad. I guess it was what the poll was showing when I voted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Myabe you voted in the Round 1 or Round 2? Because the last Round was the only one where the two game were together in the pool and TLOU2 was leading since beginning with a good margin until few hours before the end.

BTW before people say the pic is not right.

Dec 6 around when opened the final round 15:35 GMT-0:

Dec 7 15:51 GMT-0:

Last edited:
Myabe you voted in the Round 1, Round 2 or Round 3? Because the last Round was the only one where the two game were together in the pool and TLOU2 was leading with a good margin until few hours before the end.

BTW before people say the pic is not right.

Dec 6 around when opened the final round 15:35 GMT-0:
Dec 7 15:51 GMT-0:

...the games were together in each round, my guy, the pool just shrank. And each time, GoT beat TLOU, was in first place in Round 1 and 2.

And again, the fact that it was a gradual increase and not some instant leap rather strongly suggests that this isn't the conspiracy you so want it to be. GoT also won by like, 10% or more. You're legit suggesting that 4chan alone managed to account for a vote swing of over 20% In a poll with millions of people voting and that the game that, again, won in Rounds 1 and 2 winning in Round 3 is bizarre because someone on a game board posted a rallying cry... just like TLOU II groups did.

Come on man, this is silly levels of salt.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
...the games were together in each round, my guy, the pool just shrank. And each time, GoT beat TLOU, was in first place in Round 1 and 2.

And again, the fact that it was a gradual increase and not some instant leap rather strongly suggests that this isn't the conspiracy you so want it to be.
It was a gradual increase after the Neil twitter that created the 4chan mass campaign... that happened about 10 hours before the end of the votes.

If another game was the second place it should have won too.

Last edited:
It was a gradual increase after the Neil twitter that created the 4chan mass campaign... that happened about 10 hours before the end of the votes.

And TLOU II had mass campaigns in subreddits and message and image boards too. It also came in second in the first two rounds, with GoT coming in first. If anything's weird, it's the sudden massive uptick in TLOU II votes that propelled it to such a big lead, but that lead eroded over time. Did 4chan have something to do with that? Yes. Enough to overcome a double-digit deficit AND create a double-digit lead? Hell no.

ethomaz

Banned
And TLOU II had mass campaigns in subreddits and message and image boards too. It also came in second in the first two rounds, with GoT coming in first. If anything's weird, it's the sudden massive uptick in TLOU II votes that propelled it to such a big lead, but that lead eroded over time. Did 4chan have something to do with that? Yes. Enough to overcome a double-digit deficit AND create a double-digit lead? Hell no.
It is not weird... these are the facts.

1. TLOU2 was leading comfortable the pool vote since start of the Final Round.
  2. Neil posted a twitter about TLOU2 haters don't being happy about that.
  3. 4chan got salty and started a campaign to make TLOU2 lose choose the second place in the pool.
  4. The second place overtook TLOU2 by about 10% after that happened.
That happened in the last few hours of the votes... like the last 8 hours if I'm not wrong.

Good win. One of the best games I played this year. I really enjoyed the time I spent with this game. Exploration and world design was fantastic and the gameplay worked better than I had hoped (sword fighting is often finicky). Story and characters were much, much better than TLOU2.

Neo Blaster

Man, you're really trying too hard here, are you that butthurt TLOU2 didn't win this specific poll? Relax, the game will collect a large amount of awards.

No, Ghost was winning because has votes from Part II fans, common denominator, but wasn't the first choice for a good amount of votes, Part II leading the last round was a given, Ghost just won because of reddit/4chan mass campaign, I bet more than half never touched Ghost.

Last edited:

Zones

The facts that you quoted lol

4chan made GoT win the award because they hated TLOU2 winning.
Why then can't it be true for the opposite side? What was stopping the likes of Twitter, ResetEra, etc members to vote in large number to swing the poll?

Who's to say the early votes / lead of TLOU weren't by those folks?

You are taking this way too seriously and because you have no knowledge of who voted, you are legitimately coming across as someone who talks out of his ass.

BUT HERE'S THE KICKER!

Please explain to me why even on PlayStation Store, GoT is reviewed higher than TLOUII? I took the time to go to the clumsy PS4 Store just to capture pics of the ratings of these games as of this very moment, and here they are...

Ghost of Tsushima - 5/5
hQRZRuj.png

TLOU Part II - 4/5
PDzNKec.png

And as a bonus, here's the one for the first TLOU (5/5)
mIj12zG.png

And just so you know, you can only leave a rating if you have bought the game directly from PSN digitally, so no external source can tamper with those scores.

Now could you please explain this difference Mr. Knowitall?

Last edited:

devilNprada

Have not yet played TLOU2... Waiting for the PS+ Version... But GOT was my game of the year.

It was an enjoyment to platinum and still couldn't get enough.
A lot of similiar games like AC and RDR2 just seem like work you can't wait to be over with by the time you platinum.

Or maybe, just maybe, Ghost of Tsushima has a more active playerbase and better retention. This whinging about 4chan is nothing more than copium overdosing. Let's look at PlayTracker, shall we?

Ghost of Tsushima's user interaction said:
TLOU2's user interaction said:
As you can see, Ghost of Tsushima has the more active playerbase. On top of that, it has over twice the perfection rate as TLOU2 in spite of the fact that Ghost of Tsushima has more trophies and is harder to 100% than TLOU2.

Ghost of Tsushima's popularity over time said:
TLOU2's popularity over time said:
Black Friday was November 27. You can see how Ghost of Tsushima's popularity was not only higher than TLOU2, but it also experienced a substantial uptick once the BF sales began. TLOU2, on the other hand, remained flat even though the game was being sold for $30 versus Ghost's $40 pricetag. Considering that the average Black Friday consumer is much more price conscious than the typical core Playstation gamer, the fact that we see a major uptick from Ghost and nothing from TLOU2 after BF is very telling.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I didn't like either of these games. Technically impressive, but painfully, woefully boring.

The real GOTY is Deep Rock Galactic, and my expectation is that we'll see that truth reflected throughout the remainder of the awards season.

Kadayi

Banned
Myabe you voted in the Round 1 or Round 2? Because the last Round was the only one where the two game were together in the pool and TLOU2 was leading since beginning with a good margin until few hours before the end.

II meant to vote in 1 but had problems logging in so voted in 2, but GOT was leading when I cast my votes. I'm not in the US though, maybe that was a factor in terms of the time of day as it was dynamic. It was only on the 3rd day that I saw TLOU2 ahead. I figured it would win so GOT coming through was a pleasant surprise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ethomaz

Banned
II meant to vote in 1 but had problems logging in so voted in 2, but GOT was leading when I cast my votes. I'm not in the US though, maybe that was a factor in terms of the time of day as it was dynamic. It was only on the 3rd day that I saw TLOU2 ahead. I figured it would win so GOT coming through was a pleasant surprise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There are two rounds before the final.
These two rounds had a lot of more games to choose and GoT had 13% while TLOU2 11% of the votes in one of them.... something similar in other.

The final round when you decreased the votes to 5 choices TLOU2 was always leading by around 10% margin until the 4chan actions.

Last edited:
Playing through it right now, absolutely loving the combat. Glad it won. I didn't vote or even play most of the other games it went up against, including TLoU 2 which I plan on playing in the near future...but that Druckmann tweet and reversal is cringy as fuck, lol what a douche.

Raonak

Banned
Can't argue with that.

It was definitely brigaded by the incel squad, but that's the internet for ya

GOT and TLOU2 are the best 2 games this year. Sony must be laughing all the way to the bank!

Last edited:

Crm114

Neil Drunkman thought it was a good idea to trash talk TLOU2 haters on twitter while TLOU2 was leading the poll lmao. He accidentally rallied them to vote for GOT and he immediately regretted his decision and deleted his tweet earlier but it was too late 🤣.

First big mistake as ceo lol love it

Last edited:

Alan Wake

Neil Drunkman thought it was a good idea to trash talk TLOU2 haters on twitter while TLOU2 was leading the poll lmao. He accidentally rallied them to vote for GOT and he immediately regretted his decision and deleted his tweet earlier but it was too late 🤣.

Would like to see that tweet now.

Edit: Oh, there it was.

Last edited:

3. 4chan got salty and started a campaign to make TLOU2 lose choose the second place in the pool.
That happened in the last few hours of the votes... like the last 8 hours if I'm not wrong.
Correlation does not equal causation, and GoT had a healthy lead every round. The game was legitimately doing great in this poll. No amount of crying conspiracy theory changes that it was the fan-favorite in the last two rounds as well.

Time to congratulate Sucker Punch and move on, man.

hemo memo

Gold Member

In the end the far better game won.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
These two rounds had a lot of more games to choose and GoT had 13% while TLOU2 11% of the votes in one of them.... something similar in other.

The final round when you decreased the votes to 5 choices TLOU2 was always leading by around 10% margin until the 4chan actions.
you are just embarrassing yourself at this point. Move on. Your conspiracy theories are just that: conspiracy theories.

pixelation

It really didn't, Neil's tweet got TLoU2 haters undies all riled up so they voted against TLoU2 (they really didn't vote for GoT). Anyone who followed the developments this past weekend knows this to be true, a shame they tainted GoT in the process.

pixelation

Dude, you're wasting time. I bet a large number of votes against TLoU2 came from this very site.

NickFire

I might be ready for another lockdown the day I get a PS5. Been holding off on Spiderman (OG) and Days Gone with plans to fill in the slow months for PS5 exclusives. Forgot about Ghosts, and now we have Cyberpunk. This backlog is getting crazy.

Top Bottom