• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Sequel confirmed by Sucker Punch’s Cinematic Creative Director

kretos

Banned
Can we please ban these cringey ass gifs?

giphy.gif

yurinka

I can see Jin learning ninja techniques as new unlockable mechanics in the sequel, becoming a ninja to stop the 2nd and biggest invasion to defend the whole Japan from the shadows. Seems the 2nd mongol attack was way bigger, so probably we may see giant epic battles with tons of characters on screen.

kyliethicc

Yea,I guess.That would pretty much just be the first game again though.Don't get me wrong,I adore GOT but if the next one is exactly the same plot and setting with better graphics I'm not gonna be that excited(will still play it though,lol).
Well the main issue will be that the first game was about becoming the Ghost. So with a sequel, Jin will begin the story already loaded out as the Ghost.

So they will clearly need to create new ways to evolve grow the character, and maybe have him travel to new areas, new enemies, etc. I hope they de-emphasize the RPG ish stuff and focus more on fun action. The combat was so fun in the first game.

I don't really care about all the stats and gear and upgrades, I'd rather them just grow and evolve the sword combat move sets, combos, stances, etc. Maybe create an enemy type who can't be scared by the ghost like regular mongols can, idk.

Wouldn't really make sense for it to take place on Tsushima again, but I can't imagine they would want to change the IP name.
Well. It's based on history.

And....historically speaking, the Mongols came back after the events that transpired in the game.

So, I'm sure theres a way for them to bring it back onto the island?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Can’t wait to play this for the first time. Heard so many great things about it.

Going to play Hitman 3 for a while first. But then I think I’ll jump into this.

Finally finished God of War and it was fantastic at 4K60 even with the added bullshit of not patching it and dealing with glitches/no photo mode.

Will be refreshing to play this and just have it work and give me best of both worlds.

Sucker Punch making a game from ground up on PS5 is mouthwatering.

Hell. iNfamous still looks so good.

mortal

Gold Member
Ghost of Tsushima: The Rape of Nanjing.
Not a single developer has the balls to tackle a subject like that, certainly not a big 1st party studio.

Shame though, I would be very much interested in playing a game based around such a controversial subject like Japanese WWII imperialism and gruesome "war crimes"

Last edited:
Not a single developer has the balls to tackle a subject like that, certainly not a big 1st party studio.

Shame though, I would be very much interested in playing a game based around such a controversial subject like Japanese WWII imperialism and gruesome "war crimes"
It would be interesting but no way a Japanese company would do that.

Also I would like to have a WW2 FPS in which you would play as Wehrmacht and it's "No Russian" would be a SS-mission in Auschwitz or a city where SS did something terrible to civilians. Not to clorify Nazis but as a history lesson.

So that this wouldn't just off topic I'm really happy that Sucker Punch is making a sequel to my 2020 GOTY.

sono

Hope it turns out as well as the first one.

However the challenge of a sequel is it isnt the first

I want them to make their balls even bigger and let me play as a sword wielding Japanese Banzai warrior in the Imperial Navy during 1943. You're Jin's ancestor and you have to choose between honoring the code of honor for the emperor or side with American forces and kill your own people in order to stop the war on Tsushima. This would give them the ability to use the same map, change it up a good amount and add some new mechanics like replacing the bow with an Arisaka rifle.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Spoiler for the first game:
I want to play as a Samurai, not a Shinobi so I hope they don't force the way of the Ninja.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member

Unit 731 could make for some fucked up DLC.🥳

Celcius

°Temp. member
Hmm, I still haven't played it and was waiting for a sale. Now I need to wait and see what this news is, because if it's an improved PS5 port and not a sequel then I'd like to wait for that.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Ghost of Tsushima: Part 2 starts with the Shogun effectively declaring martial law in Tsushima in order to find and kill the Ghost and his legend. Jin is inspiring the peasants around Japan and needs to be put down. The Shogun kill off Yuna and Jin follows them back to Tokyo/Kyoto/Seattle and in the end forgives him.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Something tells me the second game will have a totally different name and will no longer carry the tsushima name

Ghost of *insert other places* or something like that

Last edited:
Top Bottom