• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Sequel confirmed by Sucker Punch’s Cinematic Creative Director

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Dave Molloy, the Cinematic Creative Director at Sucker Punch has basically confirmed that Sucker Punch is currently working on a new Ghost of Tsushima game for the PlayStation 5 on his Linkedin. His bio states, “Presently working on the Ghost of Tsushima game for Sony PS5.”

Screenshot-2021-01-24-at-11.50.03-PM.png

Sucker Punch has already updated Ghost of Tsushima for PlayStation 5, and Dave Molloy added this to his Linkedin Profile after they updated it to the enhanced version on PlayStation 5, So this is most likely a completely new game.
Sucker Punch also opened up Job Listings previously, which hinted at a Ghost of Tsushima Sequel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't really make sense for it to take place on Tsushima again, but I can't imagine they would want to change the IP name.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Nothing of this confirms that a sequel is in the works.

As a matter of fact, the "THE Ghost of Tsushima game" part seems to indicate that it's talking about the original.

The fact that the game had a patch that lets it run on PS5 doesn't mean it has been released for PS5 at all, just like Cyberpunk 2077 isn't yet available for PS5 while it runs for PS5.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Will be a hit. The first sold well. Enjoyed the first.
Needs a little work in the open world and missions but the combat, graphics, characters and main story were great.

Kuranghi

He will still be the Ghost of Tsushima.... but helping out in Japan Im guessing

You're ruining my terrible joke that makes no sense. Fair point lol, this is exactly what my flatmate just said to me.

Maybe, just keep Ghost and change the location to wherever hes living now:

"Ghost of Bruges"

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There’s still time to play the first Ghost of Tsushima... but a sequel actually isn’t surprising.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Wouldn't really make sense for it to take place on Tsushima again, but I can't imagine they would want to change the IP name.

Considering “Ghost of Tsushima” is the name given to a legend, and the legend is alive, you can take the legend anywhere. It’s not like the island needs to go with him.

Last edited:

The Shepard

Could call it Ghost of Japan if its on the mainland. But then again the actual guy is the ghost of tsushima so they might as well keep the name and add a 2 on the end.

mortal

Gold Member
This shit is years off, but I've no doubt the visual presentation alone will be insane.

Some truly amazing talent working at Sucker Punch.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
He will still be the Ghost of Tsushima.... but helping out in Japan Im guessing

Yeah, they could definitely feature the second invasion that happened 6 years after the events of Ghost of Tsushima and have it take place in Hakata or the surrounding area, for example. Could be very interesting.

I do hope they go a bit more historically accurate. For example, there actually weren't all that many Mongolians in the invading forces, but it was depicted as if the horse lords from the Mongolian plains represented 100% of the invaders in Ghost of Tsushima.

kyussman

I can't imagine the next game taking place on Tsushima island given we've explored the whole of it in the first one.I guess mainland Japan would make sense.

kretos

Banned
i would be ok with the second mongol invasion but it would be more epic if it's a samurai civil war or a rebellion against the shogun

and i hope they add more duels in the sequel

tumblr_m6cmeih6VF1qlh9eeo1_500.gif

Bartski

Gold Member
Even if it's not a sequel they're definitely working on some new content for it if you follow their job postings. A proper PS5 HD patch solving some texture and LOD issues for a start would be amazing.

kyliethicc

The mongols invaded again, btw. And Jin is always gonna be "The Ghost of Tsushima." Maybe he'll head to mainland Japan too, idk.

kyliethicc

I can't imagine the next game taking place on Tsushima island given we've explored the whole of it in the first one.I guess mainland Japan would make sense.
Well the Mongols invaded again... the devs could just rebuild the entire island from scratch and make a much larger, more detailed, next gen island of Tsushima. Could be a great way to make a sequel that can be enjoyed without having to play the first game first. Obviously the story will directly continue the last game, etc.

Aion002

It would, because the mongols came back to Tsushima.

And on the second time they attacked more places in Japan so a sequel could have more locations.... Also, naval battles, that would be sooo cool.

Last edited:

Arkam

This one does deserve a sequel. I would be happy with a Jin based story or an entirely new character later in history who is inspired by Jin. Could just as easily be the "Ghost of Hiroshima" or "Ghost of Hokkaido" etc. And remember GoT is set in the 13th century, samurai's were around til the 19th. We have Sengoku and Tokugawa periods to use as "fresh" but familiar settings.

kyussman

Well the Mongols invaded again... the devs could just rebuild the entire island from scratch and make a much larger, more detailed, next gen island of Tsushima. Could be a great way to make a sequel that can be enjoyed without having to play the first game first. Obviously the story will directly continue the last game, etc.
Yea,I guess.That would pretty much just be the first game again though.Don't get me wrong,I adore GOT but if the next one is exactly the same plot and setting with better graphics I'm not gonna be that excited(will still play it though,lol).

Top Bottom