• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima sequel accidentally confirmed by sucker Punch Cinematic Creative Director on his LinkedIn page

Bartski

Gold Member

The update to the linked page apparently came after the PS5 release patch and fits well with recent job descriptions of Sucker Punch hiring combat designers with a requirement of "Must have played Ghost of Tsushima and understand its core combat systems" as well as writers with "a desire to write stories set in feudal Japan", a posting that had now been removed suggesting the job is now taken.

Before Sucker Punch Productions, Dave has had a handful of creative awards and Emmy® nominations under his professional belt working for Digital Kitchen. Currently he’s the Cinematics Video Creative Director at Sucker Punch for in-game cinematics, motion capture, editorial, cinematography, music, art direction, tone, 2D motion graphics and game capture. Also in charge of the outgoing trailers, teasers and commercials for Sony / Sucker Punch Productions. Dave has a passion and super strength in artistic visual storytelling, editorial, and cinematography. Also excels in art experimentation, creative thinking and team collaboration. Presently working on the Ghost of Tsushima game for Sony PS5. And sometimes takes commercial freelance work on the side. Check his Vimeo portfolio for work updates. More to come soon..

EDIT: beat me to it, mods please close / merge

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Last edited:

Vaelka

They’re gonna try and make it a franchise
Pretty much, not everything needs or should be a franchise...
It's especially sad because instead of new ideas and IP's it's just the same.

It's why we get AC number 959831913 instead of something fresh.
And lets be real here TLOU2 didn't need to happen and it really shows.
It happened because of money, not artistry.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

The update to the linked page apparently came after the PS5 release patch and fits well with recent job descriptions of Sucker Punch hiring combat designers with a requirement of "Must have played Ghost of Tsushima and understand its core combat systems" as well as writers with "a desire to write stories set in feudal Japan", a posting that had now been removed suggesting the job is now taken.

EDIT: beat me to it, mods please close / merge

Ghost of Tsushima is one of the best PS4 games today
So, I'm happy

Hudo

Ghost of Tsushima is probably the best game on the PS4 so I am happy with this. But on the other hand, I'd love if they took that whole concept and transferred it into a different setting like the Crusades. I'd love to play a Teutonic Knight during the Crusades.
But I'm not sure whether Sucker Punch want to deal with this setting because in the current times with all the cancelling shit going on, trying to give an objective portrayal of the Crusaders, the Muslims and the folks inbetween will certainly offend someone...

Another interesting setting could be the fight of the Cuman tribes (with reluctant help of the Russian princes) against the invading Mongol hordes, who at that point had already destroyed the Persian Empire and basically every neighbor was like "Oh shit."

Or what about a setting during the Fall of Rome where the Huns and other tribes invaded and the Romans were basically busy fighting themselves in addition to fighting the invading hordes.

Lastly, another interesting setting could be the 100 Years war between the Franks and the British and Burgundy inbetween.

I think that Sucker Punch could investigate those conflicts/settings. Now, I don't want them to be AC, I don't want them to turn their games into bloated pseudo-RPGs with a dull combat system, unnecessarily cluttered maps and a meta-story that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. In fact, I think that Ghost of Tsushima is better than any AC because it doesn't carry the baggage the AC games carry. And Sucker Punch should continue to "travel light", so to speak. That's what made Ghost of Tsushima so good.
I also like the combat of Ghost of Tsushima more. It's a far quicker affair, even giving the combat a certain rythm. It just feels good. Yes, it's not "hard" but that's not the point of the combat. The combat just feels good, pressing the buttons is just fun. There are not many games that can pull this off. With AC, I have the feeling that they don't really know what they want to do; that's at least the feeling I get from AC's combat.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Ghost of Tsushima is probably the best game on the PS4 so I am happy with this. But on the other hand, I'd love if they took that whole concept and transferred it into a different setting like the Crusades. I'd love to play a Teutonic Knight during the Crusades.
But I'm not sure whether Sucker Punch want to deal with this setting because in the current times with all the cancelling shit going on, trying to give an objective portrayal of the Crusaders, the Muslims and the folks inbetween will certainly offend someone...

Another interesting setting could be the fight of the Cuman tribes (with reluctant help of the Russian princes) against the invading Mongol hordes, who at that point had already destroyed the Persian Empire and basically every neighbor was like "Oh shit."

Or what about a setting during the Fall of Rome where the Huns and other tribes invaded and the Romans were basically busy fighting themselves in addition to fighting the invading hordes.

Lastly, another interesting setting could be the 100 Years war between the Franks and the British and Burgundy inbetween.

I think that Sucker Punch could investigate those conflicts/settings. Now, I don't want them to be AC, I don't want them to turn their games into bloated pseudo-RPGs with a dull combat system, unnecessarily cluttered maps and a meta-story that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. In fact, I think that Ghost of Tsushima is better than any AC because it doesn't carry the baggage the AC games carry. And Sucker Punch should continue to "travel light", so to speak. That's what made Ghost of Tsushima so good.
I also like the combat of Ghost of Tsushima more. It's a far quicker affair, even giving the combat a certain rythm. It just feels good. Yes, it's not "hard" but that's not the point of the combat. The combat just feels good, pressing the buttons is just fun. There are not many games that can pull this off. With AC, I have the feeling that they don't really know what they want to do; that's at least the feeling I get from AC's combat.
I always hope for the best

HYDE

Banned
Anybody who thinks this is the best PS4 game...huh!?

Yeah no...
Maybe the best Assassin’s Creed game.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

That would be super dope. Or playing as one of the original templars protecting pilgrims on their way to the Holy Lands. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

Top Bottom