• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - Review Thread

HotPocket69

Banned
lol man Gamespot bunch of weirdos

Can’t cut down bamboo trees

-10 points

4JaXhhI.png

dorkimoe

I don't care about reviews either but user reviews are 1000 times worse. Unless you know and trust the actual person who writes the review it's the most biased and useless thing ever.
I just skim forums and get the gist of it. people generally are extreme in negative or positive. People already saying this game is top 10 ever? Ok lol. That’s just someone being reactionary to them playing it right now. I think the meta critic score will be accurate enough

Last edited:
Sat at 84 on Metacritic at the moment, nice!

I'm expecting it to sit at around an 86 at the end which is a solid score and great for a new IP from Suckerpunch
Metacritic still appears blank to me.

Also, scores seldom go up. It's more likely to remain the same or slightly dip after the first batch.

Gameplay seems on point from the reviews, as is the atmosphere. So immersion will be there. Criticism going out for open world side activities. This is not re-inventing the wheel or innovating in that regard. Something I sort of had in the back of my mind knowing the size of that studio. The core of the game looks strong though. Can't wait for Friday (crossing fingers), probably Saturday/Sunday delivery.

Last edited:

Arun1910

Metacritic still appears blank to me.

Also, scores seldom go up. It's more likely to remain the same or slightly dip after the first batch.

Yeah that is true, would still be nice for them though.

I was hoping for something in the 80s from a Sony studio and almost mid 80s is great.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Xotaxu: No score.

"..throughout playing this game I was in turmoil as I struggled to grasp why a Japanese corporation should promote a western developer to appropriate its history and culture. I refused to engage in any in-game action that I felt was too westernised, leaving me to contemplate the more profound conflict in society at large today.

Also the game has no observably non-binary characters and I was unable to find the option to turn my hair blue. I'll be deep-diving into these issues in a separate report.
"

Uh what kind of bullshit is this?

GenericUser

Wow, the next wonderful game from a sony first party studio. After the goty tlou2 with dozens of 10/10 reviews, sony blesses us with yet ANOTHER goty with dozens of 10/10 reviews. Simply amazing, I wonder how they do this?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I've been a PlayStation only gamer for 4 generations.

Seeing people on message boards congratulating Sony/Sucker Punch for taking 6 years to produce a low 80s (it will drop) game is so bizarre.

Top Bottom