• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima removes Only on PlayStation logo on box art (PC version incoming?)

RoboFu

One of the green rats
People are definitely jumping to conclusions here.

Sony just doesn't use only on PlayStation branding since PS5 games don't have the signage either.

Personally, I hope nobody buys these PC versions so Sony doesn't bother releasing them anymore.
How would it take away your enjoyment of these games if they were also on pc?

Kokoloko85

And this won't change by Sony putting their games on PC.

6 games actually if we include everything with Sony's name on it and that were associated with the brand at least for a time (Death stranding and Quantic Dream games apart from DG and HZD). Then loads of other third parties that previously only released on PS consoles that are now putting their games on PC or even Xbox. Like it or not, its a sign of where things are going 🤷‍♂️. Dunno if it'll be day 1 releases or a few months after or 1 year, but they'll happen.

Sony also seems interested in expanding their IPs to more than just games, so it makes sense they'd try to reach as big as a public as they can.
It probably wont change much overall but some people will end up just buying a PC to play Playstation 1st party games instead of getting the next Playstation console. A small percentage probably, lets say 5-10%. Just like theres a bunch of PC gamers who won’t buy a console to play a few or many exclusive games on Playstation or Nintendo.
I can’t afford a PC to play games like the PS5 specs does, so I wont be one of them.

Like some Ex Xbox purchasers have just gone and got a PC instead of the Xbox console because they can play most games day 1 on PC at higher specs. I know at least 2 people who had 360’s but ended up not getting the Xbox 1 because they have a PC.
The ones that have got the money, not the fornite teens. The one thats can afford it don’t need to buy an Xbox console anymore.

Lets say its 10 million people out of the 110 million current PS4 owners buy a PC because Playstaion games are coming to PC day 1 or year 1.
Sony make a ton of money selling extra 3rd party games on there console aswel as Playstation 1st party and 2nd party games.
Lets say those 10 milliion potential customers who will now go buy all there games on steam/PC instead of buying there games on PSN etc.

Thats alot of money lost for Sony. Sony knows what they are doing, porting a game 2 years after a release isnt gonna effect them much. Day 1 could effect them. Even if its a small percentage.

I meant theres only been 2, 1st party games. Horizon and Days Gone, both released on PC after 2-3 years. Games like Journey, Death Stranding and Quantic dreams arent first party games.

Tbh, until a game comes out less than 2 years of release its wishful thinking to think it will be day 1 or year 1 or the whole catalogue is coming to PC. It hasn't happened, and theres been no signs of it coming day 1 or within a year. And when games like Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 come to PC, it would have been 6+ years of its original release. Theres so many games to come to PC. Let alone PS5 games coming Day 1 or Year 1.
Whether anyone or Juan thinks they are coming day one or within a year lol, its not happening.

Playstation for the time being is about consoles, rereleases come 2nd. Until everything is streamable it won’t change much

Last edited:

Brofist

I don't care who has the better motherboard or ram. Imma go with best price to performance, which changes do often. At the end of the day, we have one goal in mind. It's not a competition or anything. We build what we like, and the worst that you'll hear from PC guys is AMD vs Nvidia. Or AMD vs Intel, which is even less now a days.
Yeah true you get some Nvidia, AMD etc fans. Even at that though usually the argument stays in the realm of performance. It usually doesn’t devolve into market share or numbers sold cause most people just don’t care.

PaintTinJr

It probably wont change much overall but some people will end up just buying a PC to play Playstation 1st party games instead of getting the next Playstation console. A small percentage probably, lets say 5-10%. Just like theres a bunch of PC gamers who won’t buy a console to play a few or many exclusive games on Playstation or Nintendo.
I can’t afford a PC to play games like the PS5 specs does, so I wont be one of them.

Like some Ex Xbox purchasers have just gone and got a PC instead of the Xbox console because they can play most games day 1 on PC at higher specs. I know at least 2 people who had 360’s but ended up not getting the Xbox 1 because they have a PC.
The ones that have got the money, not the fornite teens. The one thats can afford it don’t need to buy an Xbox console anymore.

Lets say its 10 million people out of the 110 million current PS4 owners buy a PC because Playstaion games are coming to PC day 1 or year 1.
Sony make a ton of money selling extra 3rd party games on there console aswel as Playstation 1st party and 2nd party games.
Lets say those 10 milliion potential customers who will now go buy all there games on steam/PC instead of buying there games on PSN etc.

Thats alot of money lost for Sony. Sony knows what they are doing, porting a game 2 years after a release isnt gonna effect them much. Day 1 could effect them. Even if its a small percentage.

I meant theres only been 2, 1st party games. Horizon and Days Gone, both released on PC after 2-3 years. Games like Journey, Death Stranding and Quantic dreams arent first party games.

Tbh, until a game comes out less than 2 years of release its wishful thinking to think it will be day 1 or year 1 or the whole catalogue is coming to PC. It hasn't happened, and theres been no signs of it coming day 1 or within a year. And when games like Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 come to PC, it would have been 6+ years of its original release. Theres so many games to come to PC. Let alone PS5 games coming Day 1 or Year 1.
Whether anyone or Juan thinks they are coming day one or within a year lol, its not happening.

Playstation for the time being is about consoles, rereleases come 2nd. Until everything is streamable it won’t change much
I agree with your point, but those potential 10m customers - like me that would move back to PC as my main for AAA gaming - are probably all console pre-order day 1 people, so taking out 10m users that drive demand for hardware launch console sales would likely have a much bigger impact on the total demand for the hardware over a generation IMHO.

Yeah true you get some Nvidia, AMD etc fans. Even at that though usually the argument stays in the realm of performance. It usually doesn’t devolve into market share or numbers sold cause most people just don’t care.
I switched from AMD to Intel, and Intel to AMD now for my CPU. Started with Nvidia back in the day, went AMD for a few gens, then back to Nvidia for every gen since. I prefer AMD CPU's and Nvidia GPU's at the moment. Whoever gives me better performance, will take my money. None of the worst PCMR ppl are 1/100 as cringey as the ones who don't want others to experience this or that game like these console warriors.

If anything we want each company to be competitive, and we're vocal about that. I want AMD FSR to be as awesome as DLSS, so that each company will provide even better performance for the consumers. But limit what consumers can play x,y,z game. That shit is for the children.

OverHeat

« generous god »
If you bought it already on PS, then you buying it again on PC is not Sony's fault. You are choosing to own the same game on a different platform. Do not blame the company for your ill-advised decision :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I’m not blaming no one! I will be happy to buy the game twice since it’s good

PaintTinJr

I switched from AMD to Intel, and Intel to AMD now for my CPU. Started with Nvidia back in the day, went AMD for a few gens, then back to Nvidia for every gen since. I prefer AMD CPU's and Nvidia GPU's at the moment. Whoever gives me better performance, will take my money. None of the worst PCMR ppl are 1/100 as cringey as the ones who don't want others to experience this or that game like these console warriors.

If anything we want each company to be competitive, and we're vocal about that. I want AMD FSR to be as awesome as DLSS, so that each company will provide even better performance for the consumers. But limit what consumers can play x,y,z game. That shit is for the children.
IMHO you are looking at it all wrong, and just seeing it from a consumption of entertainment side. Consoles have a hardware strategy, and that strategy sharpens minds and drives software innovation anew each generation.
That innovation and change helps the creative process in what is a very technical process, and lends itself to games pushing closer to art, than just being software.

I grew up in the 80s and the look and feel of multi platform games were all different back then because the capabilities of hardware were very different and sometimes the games were changed completely - giving everyone the feeling of the game was made for their system. Back then arcades where the highest form of videogaming, and that pinnacle gaming experience of custom hardware for custom software is still what I'm looking for as my reason to stay interested in buying hw for this hobby, today. But if everything is going to PC and that strategy is being abandoned, then I don't need that extra console box, or need to accept the inferior walled garden costs and restrictions that have been part of the deal.

Unknown?

IMHO you are looking at it all wrong, and just seeing it from a consumption of entertainment side. Consoles have a hardware strategy, and that strategy sharpens minds and drives software innovation anew each generation.
That innovation and change helps the creative process in what is a very technical process, and lends itself to games pushing closer to art, than just being software.

I grew up in the 80s and the look and feel of multi platform games were all different back then because the capabilities of hardware were very different and sometimes the games were changed completely - giving everyone the feeling of the game was made for their system. Back then arcades where the highest form of videogaming, and that pinnacle gaming experience of custom hardware for custom software is still what I'm looking for as my reason to stay interested in buying hw for this hobby, today. But if everything is going to PC and that strategy is being abandoned, then I don't need that extra console box, or need to accept the inferior walled garden costs and restrictions that have been part of the deal.
You don't get the choice of operating system though so it's not completely open.

Consoles have a great price to performance ratio, but I wouldn't say they pave the way exactly. Most graphical effects have been long done on PC, way before they hit consoles.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Hopefully it does come to PC and more people will get a chance to enjoy it, it’s a good game, maybe even great if you’re into the setting.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I won't be surprised when Tsushima gets ported to PC. I believe that eventually PS5 exclusives will be on PC day one before this generation ends. Jim Ryan is simply a money/numbers guy. He doesn't care about this fanboy bullshit. He cares about money and making Sony as much money as possible. Releasing their exclusives on PC is free money especially when it becomes day and date.

I won't be surprised when Tsushima gets ported to PC. I believe that eventually PS5 exclusives will be on PC day one before this generation ends. Jim Ryan is simply a money/numbers guy. He doesn't care about this fanboy bullshit. He cares about money and making Sony as much money as possible. Releasing their exclusives on PC is free money especially when it becomes day and date.
I don't get why most warriors don't get this yet, no matter how many times it's said.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why most warriors don't get this yet, no matter how many times it's said.
Yeah, I don't know why either outside of just the fanboy console warrior bullshit. PC user base is completely different than consoles and the cross-over is minimal at best so Sony putting their exclusives on PC is an excellent move especially when they eventually do day and date because it's so much more money going into Sony and in turn, would be put back into PlayStation. There's no negatives at all.

Raonak

Banned
How would it take away your enjoyment of these games if they were also on pc?
PlayStation exclusives are just better. It's just a fact of life.

Horizon and Days Gone have lost a bit of luster from being ported. It's a damn shame, cause they were great games when they were exclusive.

There's a reason why no-one cares about Xbox, because they're diluted themselves to the point of irrelevancy.

I sincerely hope that these PC ports bomb hard.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned

You're looking at this wrong. Consoles and PC use the same architecture not only to simply costs, but also for software ease of writing.

A developer still uses the same vision and makes the same game, he then has to take into consideration the target hardware and performance. The games are scaled down from when they were originally written on PC for the target hardware (your GPU or console).

Having games on PC doesn't take anything away from them being on console.

Unknown?

Idgaf about who is who. It's about who brings gamers together, not separate them. Some are doing way better than the others. At the end of The day, Gamers just want to play games.
Ya that's why I brought it up. He says he hates console wars but subtly perpetuates it and keeps people like Aaron Greenberg and Major Nelson employed.

Zok310

Banned
yeah jimbo, get that money, you in the position to charge people 2x for your content, fucking go for it, not even mad.

Ya that's why I brought it up. He says he hates console wars but subtly perpetuates it and keeps people like Aaron Greenberg and Major Nelson employed.
So you are stuck on consoles wars, vs realizing the shift that the gaming industry is going. Microsoft has jumped in early and have made an infrastructure. Sony is currently doing the same. Drop the console wars, and realize both are targeting the same thing, PC players. Doesn't matter who is first, or last. It's about getting the job done. That's what pushes gaming forward.

Unknown?

So you are stuck on consoles wars, vs realizing the shift that the gaming industry is going. Microsoft has jumped in early and have made an infrastructure. Sony is currently doing the same. Drop the console wars, and realize both are targeting the same thing, PC players. Doesn't matter who is first, or last. It's about getting the job done. That's what pushes gaming forward.
Ya which is why I mentioned the double talk, doesn't push anything forward.

Ya which is why I mentioned the double talk, doesn't push anything forward.
Microsoft is more profitable from this. Sony isn't, yet. Big difference. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter until ppl put money where their mouth is. Sony is the one company losing out right now.

FStubbs

R&C can be on pc right now too.

Anything on XB1, PS4, PS5, Series s/x can be easily ported to PC, as those consoles are based off PC architecture.

It'll probably be $50 like HZD and Days Gone.
Didn't the tech of the PS5's SSD make PC ports clumsy or something?

Last edited:

ksdixon

Yeah they don't do that now, not since they been putting the Playstation Studios logo on stuff
Bet this is a reissue and probably has the PS Studios logo
Edit, yep!

ghost-of-tsushima-ps4-game-box-front
wait is the PS Studios logo officially white on black? That's shit, below would look so much better, cleaned-up and not in motion.

UkiqFvl.jpg

THEAP99

Banned
I don't think this means much but either way Jim Ryan has indicated that they're all in with PC ports in the future.

As I predicted, it is looking more and more likely that by the end of the generation Sony will be day & date on the PC platform.

ksdixon

Game covers feature too much logos, banners and gaming media quotes, awards stuff, etc. I'd reduce them to the minimum: Almost the entire cover for the game's key art illustation and game logo, and a small platform banner to feature platform, publisher, dev and age rating logos. Soomething like this:

image.png
hnnnnnng! that looks clean as fuck

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
i enjoyed this game on ps5 but never finished it because i got sidetracked / bored, i'd prolly buy it again on steam and do the exact same thing

it suffers from the modern assasins creed problem of just being too long and lacking variety of content

i enjoyed this game on ps5 but never finished it because i got sidetracked / bored, i'd prolly buy it again on steam and do the exact same thing

it suffers from the modern assasins creed problem of just being too long and lacking variety of content
Haven't finished HZD, nor Days Gone. But I've been able to finish assassin's Creed at least, each one.

jaysius

Banned
This means nothing, but insane Sony fanbois have dug their own grave with the entire “Xbox has no games” because the games come to PC also.

The games are never coming to Xbox. Literally “console exclusive “ meaning the games are exclusive to that particular console.

Well now Sony understands the value of multiple platforms also.

Jump In Death GIF

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Why does this mean nothing?!

The number of platforms a game appears on doesn’t diminish its value.

Maybe now some people are starting to realize how fucking stupid console wars are.

Last edited:

EnzoArt

This means nothing, but insane Sony fanbois have dug their own grave with the entire “Xbox has no games” because the games come to PC also.

The games are never coming to Xbox. Literally “console exclusive “ meaning the games are exclusive to that particular console.

Well now Sony understands the value of multiple platforms also.

Jump In Death GIF

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Why does this mean nothing?!

The number of platforms a game appears on doesn’t diminish its value.

Maybe now some people are starting to realize how fucking stupid console wars are.
No one has ever said that it decreases the value of a game, but that it decreases the value of a platform (Xbox, pc, PS, etc.)

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
No one has ever said that it decreases the value of a game, but that it decreases the value of a platform (Xbox, pc, PS, etc.)

uhhh how? selling someone a ps5 at a loss who is going to buy a small handful of exclusives is not their bread and butter. PS will have their own launcher by the end of this gen, book it.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Not surprising anymore, since Jim and Herman basically said PS games will be coming to PC.

wolffy71

Banned
PlayStation exclusives are just better. It's just a fact of life.

Horizon and Days Gone have lost a bit of luster from being ported. It's a damn shame, cause they were great games when they were exclusive.

There's a reason why no-one cares about Xbox, because they're diluted themselves to the point of irrelevancy.

I sincerely hope that these PC ports bomb hard.
So lets say you have a PS5 and a PC, you would actually be more happy if Sony removed your option to play on PC? Lol guess you like being abused.

Top Bottom