• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Out July 17: Collector’s & Digital Deluxe Editions Detailed

Keihart

that's kinda close all things considered. I wonder why has SP shown so little about it.
I wonder if there is any kind of cool traversal or only horse.
Wanna jump through tree branches like Naruto.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
that's kinda close all things considered. I wonder why has SP shown so little about it.
I wonder if there is any kind of cool traversal or only horse.
Wanna jump through tree branches like Naruto.
There is grappling hook and I believe you can go one of two ways...ninja or samurai..

Keihart

There is grappling hook and I believe you can go one of two ways...ninja or samurai..
I guess both branches are going to be ninja related anyway, isn't the whole premise of the game about how ninjas came to be?
I hope the game is good, going by the time invested this might be the biggest game from SP. I really hope it's not a dud, Second Son had the excuse to be a launch tittle.

THEAP99

Banned
Would be nice to get an update on this game. An in-depth look at how the game works would be nice with some hands on impressions from journalists. I do think tlou2 will take ghost's release date.

HawarMiran

Banned
Final Fantasy 7 remake released. And I doubt it is doing bad. They should just release TloU in June. No time for this bullcrap :p

Doesn't seem like you do much in this game. Glad I knew it was just a hack and slash game and not an RPG before carelessly pre-ordering it.

Love this time period.

THEAP99

Banned
I do find it kind of odd how Sony went ahead with the June 26th 2020 release date for Ghost of Tsushima on March 5th. Which was after they backed out of PAX & GDC due to COVID-19. They take this virus very seriously.

Yet they took the risky with announcing Ghost of Tsushima for June 26th 2020 despite COVID being a threat.. Idk it’s just interesting to me all things considered as TLOU2 is “indefinitely” delayed (for now), that they went with Ghost of Tsushima release date despite the present threat of Covid-19 at the time of the release date announcement.

mckmas8808

Banned
I do find it kind of odd how Sony went ahead with the June 26th 2020 release date for Ghost of Tsushima on March 5th. Which was after they backed out of PAX & GDC due to COVID-19. They take this virus very seriously.

Yet they took the risky with announcing Ghost of Tsushima for June 26th 2020 despite COVID being a threat.. Idk it’s just interesting to me all things considered as TLOU2 is “indefinitely” delayed (for now), that they went with Ghost of Tsushima release date despite the present threat of Covid-19 at the time of the release date announcement.

I feels to me like, Sony just doesn't want TLOU2 out with Covid-19 deaths at an all time high. "THAT" game specficially.

xool

Director’s Commentary, in which the creative team sits down with a renowned Japanese historian to look at the world of Ghost of Tsushima and how it compares to the real-life events that inspired it

A72qsaA.jpg

Goliathy

Banned
I feels to me like, Sony just doesn't want TLOU2 out with Covid-19 deaths at an all time high. "THAT" game specficially.

But Resident Evil 3 has been released too and why did they delay Iron man?

I think the main reason is that its way harder now to sell physical copies.

Thirty7ven

Banned
No way I’m buying either this or LoU2 for the PS4.

Still think it’s stupid not to launch these games with the PS5. Cross gen and all.

THEAP99

Banned
Wow this HUGE NEWS. Fastest selling exclusive ever (I think). Sony are completely off base if they’re not going to release any games this summer.

No way I’m buying either this or LoU2 for the PS4.

Still think it’s stupid not to launch these games with the PS5. Cross gen and all.

With the way things are, there won’t be many people buying a £600 console on day one, so it makes sense to sell on a console with millions of owners.

Geki-D

Banned
Wow this HUGE NEWS. Fastest selling exclusive ever (I think). Sony are completely off base if they’re not going to release any games this summer.

FFVII & RE3 were already gold, in print and copies were already being transported before the confinement. TLOU2 & Iron Man aren't even gold yet, they would have been during confinement. The games aren't comparable.

THEAP99

Banned
FFVII & RE3 were already gold, in print and copies were already being transported before the confinement. TLOU2 & Iron Man aren't even gold yet, they would have been during confinement. The games aren't comparable.
But disc factories are open in China. The only reason they have not announced these games going gold is because that's dumb to do without an announced release date

Geki-D

Banned
But disc factories are open in China. The only reason they have not announced these games going gold is because that's dumb to do without an announced release date
Yes, but global travel to actually get those discs around the world is interrupted, and even the factories have problems, like less staff.

THEAP99

Banned
Maybe Sony will release this on time because they have less to lose with releasing this one Digital with limited physical. Kind of testing the waters

And they will sell a lot more when the PS exclusive period is over at the end of this month for XB gamers.

With the way things are, there won’t be many people buying a £600 console on day one, so it makes sense to sell on a console with millions of owners.

I guess you'll be surprised when all 7 million of the initial allotment will sell out quickly. Gaming typically are not affected by a depressed economy. Quite the opposite actually.

Seems....soon.

I hope this isn’t another Order:1886

I happen to love the Order 1886, and have been hoping for a sequel ever since.

Phase

Yeah... I'll get the normal physical standard edition after it releases. Companies going nuts these days...

Geki-D

Banned
You're right. It's a 1-year exclusive.
So the next gen systems will actually be out by the time this hits XB1. Well, good luck with those sales on a system that right now is already dead, let alone when new systems are out. If I recall, on day & date multiplats, XB1 makes up about 20% of the sales. I'm guessing you can cut that in half for a game that's a year later.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, im fully expecting Ghost of Tsushima to release on June 26th but we'll know for sure within the next three weeks because if it doesn't get delayed in that time frame, then it would be getting ready to go Gold and stay on track for June 26th.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
So the next gen systems will actually be out by the time this hits XB1. Well, good luck with those sales on a system that right now is already dead, let alone when new systems are out. If I recall, on day & date multiplats, XB1 makes up about 20% of the sales. I'm guessing you can cut that in half for a game that's a year later.

Actually, I believe that it will sell well and even more so if it's part of Smart Delivery where you can play an updated next gen version of FFVIIR on Xbox Series X. With a year to go, I can easily see the possibility of there being an Xbox One and Series X versions of Episode One.

Mista

Banned
Personally, im fully expecting Ghost of Tsushima to release on June 26th but we'll know for sure within the next three weeks because if it doesn't get delayed in that time frame, then it would be getting ready to go Gold and stay on track for June 26th.
It will get delayed because TLoU 2 will release around the same date. Mark my words

THEAP99

Banned
Not sure where else to put this. We should do a game delay thread:
Iron Man VR has been added to gamstat this past week.
gamstat.com/games/tracker/
This means we are hopefully getting the new release dates for it and The Last of Us Part 2 very soon.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
My thoughts of the timeframe of when this game will get delayed if it does:

The Last of Us Part 2 was getting ready to start its marketing up until it was delayed on April 2nd 2020. The release date was scheduled for May 29th at the time. So the delay was announced 57 days before the scheduled release.

Currently, Ghost of Tsushima is scheduled for June 26, 2020. Today, we are 62 days away from the release of Ghost of Tsushima. Based off of the timing of The Last of Us Part 2 delay, 45-60 days prior to Ghost of Tsushima launch will be when a delayed is announced if so. Anything past 45 is cutting is awfully close with silence & they aren’t gonna announce a delay on the weekend.

Sony are also rumored to be doing PS5 stuff quite soon. They usually release good news, then bad news. Or sometimes bad news first then good news. In this case, bad news would be Ghost delay, good news would be PlayStation 5 reveal.

Basically what this all means here, is if Ghost of Tsushima is delayed, it’ll be announced very very soon. Within the next 14-19 days type of soon. Once they get past that and start a marketing the game, we are in the clear:

So get ready, & buckle up. Because I have a feeling these next two weeks are going an emotional roller-coaster of uncertainty for Sony studio fans. Let me know what you think.

Top Bottom