• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Out July 17: Collector’s & Digital Deluxe Editions Detailed

The_Dkmariolink

Neo Member
just saw it. looked really cool. just watched the story trailer again, and looks mind blowing as well.
It does look nice, I just hope the gameplay isn't mash square to attack and r1 to block / counter assassins creed type of combat.

Even if it is I'd still pick it up just to explore this beautiful world.

It does look nice, I just hope the gameplay isn't mash square to attack and r1 to block / counter assassins creed type of combat.

Even if it is I'd still pick it up just to explore this beautiful world.

well that was my main concern, but it looks like it switches into a fighting game style during combat, hopefully they have a challenging mode, and the combat has depth.

Blade2.0

I'm in. Fuck yeah. Love sucker punch. I'll be honest though. I want a PS5 infamous. Maybe remake the first one and not have Cole die in 2 and then make a 3 with him.

To re quote what I said yes I plan on getting halo 6 either at launch or in the launch window still doesn't change anything else I said halo is not a new ip or changing to a different genre anyone can figure out the basics of how halo 6 will play you cant compare that to a new ip with barely any game play shown except for random tidbits spliced in. CP2077 answered all of my question after there second showing with that Glorious 48 minute game play reel.

You want to buy a new Halo, older IP or not it will bring some big changes, yet, no gameplay was showed. But you bitching for Ghost Of Tsushima. Really, stop.

Last edited:
Sucker Punch always had great gameplay in their games.

What makes you think it won't this time, even with the gameplay segments in the trailers?
"Sucker Punch always had great gameplay in their games."
Yes had as in past tense the people who have worked there since the infamous and sly days probably dont work there anymore new management or hires brings change.

"What makes you think it won't this time, even with the gameplay segments in the trailers? "
1 because its a new ip and since its been shown in 2018 and we haven't seen a full unedited game play video yet just off the cuff and raw. All the game play we have seen has been spliced in you have to go back and watch every trailer in slow motion to make sense of whats game play and whats not and im not the only one. Also this game almost shares nothing in common with sly or infamous these two trailers for infamous ps4 showed more in the span of two days then ghost has in 2 years.

Psykodad

Banned
"Sucker Punch always had great gameplay in their games."
Yes had as in past tense the people who have worked there since the infamous and sly days probably dont work there anymore new management or hires brings change.

"What makes you think it won't this time, even with the gameplay segments in the trailers? "
1 because its a new ip and since its been shown in 2018 and we haven't seen a full unedited game play video yet just off the cuff and raw. All the game play we have seen has been spliced in you have to go back and watch every trailer in slow motion to make sense of whats game play and whats not and im not the only one. Also this game almost shares nothing in common with sly or infamous these two trailers for infamous ps4 showed more in the span of two days then ghost has in 2 years.

Yeah, because SP has a track-record of misleading gamers, right?

The last thing to worry about with SP is gameplay.

But we'll likely have this conversation again in three months, so it's just a matter of time before you can stop being concerned.

You want to buy a new Halo, older IP or not it will bring some big changes, yet, no gameplay was showed. But you bitching for Ghost Of Tsushima. Really, stop.
"You want to buy a new Halo, older IP or not it will bring some big changes "
You are going to pick up a gun and shoot stuff like every other fps games in existence the only thing we dont know about is the story. Halo is not going to go out and change its FPS style to a different genre entirely. Halo also isnt a new ip they could of shown a logo like metroid prime 4 and most people already have a base idea of what were getting you cant do that with a new ip.

"no gameplay was showed. But you bitching for Ghost Of Tsushima. Really, stop. "
Im going to complain about it till we get more gameplay im not impressed with graphics any game now a days can have good graphics modders can re shade games to look completely different we play games for the gameplay which is the most important part above anything else.

Yeah, because SP has a track-record of misleading gamers, right?

The last thing to worry about with SP is gameplay.

But we'll likely have this conversation again in three months, so it's just a matter of time before you can stop being concerned.

"Yeah, because SP has a track-record of misleading gamers, right?"
I guess new management doesnt change things right I guess thats why ND games took a total shift once amy hennig left or how we got Metal gear solid survive once kojima left nope no change at all.

"The last thing to worry about with SP is gameplay. "
ill wait on that

"But we'll likely have this conversation again in three months, so it's just a matter of time before you can stop being concerned. "
If this game has more gameplay then what the trailers are insinuating ill come back and do a follow up 0 skin off my back

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
As you can tell by my username, Japanese sword play is kinda a lure for me. Got the Collectors edition. Cannot WAIT! Well actually it can wait because I gotta clear this backlog in time for TLOU and Doom and this

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
I guess new management doesnt change things right I guess thats why ND games took a total shift once amy hennig left or how we got Metal gear solid survive once kojima left nope no change at all.

ill wait on that

"But we'll likely have this conversation again in three months, so it's just a matter of time before you can stop being concerned. "
If this game has more gameplay then what the trailers are insinuating ill come back and do a follow up 0 skin off my back
Well, you're free to think what you want.

ill wait on that

giphy.gif

Fbh

That's way sooner than expected, I hope they show some more gameplay before launch though as they have shown almost none except for that one showing over a year ago

Would the graphics of this game be nice on my PS4 Slim console? Because I don't have the PS4 Pro
Sony exclusives tend to be well optimized and nice looking on the base PS4. So while it might end up looking better on the pro, it will probably still look really nice on the base system.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I think this game will be below expectations, but will get scores around 80 in metacritic. Just like any other Infamous game.

sendit

I think this game will be below expectations, but will get scores around 80 in metacritic. Just like any other Infamous game.

Agreed. What is Sony thinking, releasing a game that will only get a metacritic score of ~80? They should move on to the PS5.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Anyone remember the leaked details I posted over on another site? Well, now that its been a while and we have multiple trailers and information pieces, we can cross reference the leak to see if it still holds up! I'll repost the original leak and add some validity to each.

Leaked info (posted before E3 2018):
  • Samurai were the most respectable people in Japan, people bow to Jin as he passes by on foot or horseback, but samurai were also feared; some women and children will attempt to hide or flee at the sight of Jin, while others will attempt to attack in order to prove themselves, or take some of the valuable gear a samurai would typically carry. This all helps to make the world feel alive and immersive. Not sure how often these civilian interactions occur. (Seems accurate, we can see the NPC bowing when Jin approaches him in the reveal gameplay trailer)
  • Each outpost has a story behind it and a quest line, not just "take out these soldiers and you retake the village". Villages can be retaken by Mongols if you do not complete the quest line. (Unknown at this point but there are outposts as shown in trailer 2 and 3)
  • The game has two central towns (think Witcher 3), and many smaller outposts / villages. (We've seem villages in all the trailers, but no major towns (afaik)
  • There are NPCS who can help train you in the ways of the Ghost, as for a Samurai, it would be a completely different form, and dishonorable way, of combat. Don't expect Jin to be able to right out of the gate know how to throw shuriken, use kunai, use alchemy (poisons, create potions, and explosives), use grappling hooks to get on top of rooftops, quickly, etc. (So far we've only seen an archery NPC)
  • 2 major skill trees with many branches; which are way of the samurai, and way of the ghost. Samurai focusing more on sword play, archery, and defense, while ghost focuses more on stealth, alchemy, and agility. (Going by the pre order bonus including technique points, its fine to assume there will be skill trees, but not sure if exactly those leaked)
  • Samurai skill tree is fully unlocked from the start, while ghost requires you to complete tasks in order to unlock a specific branch, such as working with an alchemist in order to learn poison abilities, or to create potions with strong effects. (see above)
  • You will be free to switch between samurai and ghost kits. Jin in full samurai armor won't be able to climb buildings (you can still jump, don't worry) or swim/dive, and would be fit more for a defensive, all out attack build. This can be balanced out however by mixing kits. You switch by going into any outpost / town, there you will also be able to sleep in order to pass the time, so if you prefer to tackle a mission at night as a ghost, or at day as a samurai, it's up to you. So for a more grounded approach, samurai is recommended. (Pre order bonus includes another armor, but is simply labeled "skin". So not sure if this still holds up.
  • Think of climbing buildings as a faster paced assassins creed. Tenchu style grappling hook makes it even faster. (We've seen grappling hook but not building climbing)
  • You don't necessarily want to be seen in your ghost kit, as people may take you for an assassin and will sometime be hostile toward you. The game recommends you to be the ghost at night, but samurai at day. (Unknown, might have been taken out due to being a hindrance, but going by latest trailer, people, both hostile and friendly, seem to not like the ghost way of combat)
  • Some quests will only be handed out in your samurai gear, or only in your ghost gear, such as assassination requests. Double agent type of system and story to back it up. (Going by the latest trailer, seems to fit. Going by SP's trackrecord, you will likely have the choice between going full samurai honorable or full ghost dishonorable.)

They do mention climbing of trees, buildings and rock faces as well as using the rope, etc, in the newest UK PlayStation magazine.

Gargus

Banned
Cannot believe we are getting FF7R, TLOU2 and GOT all within the space of 3 months.

This is why Playstation are the Kings of Console Gaming.

But xbox one x is more powerful. More power means better games for it right?

I mean just look at all this pathetic list of playstation games coming out people actually want.

Final fantasy 7 remake.

Ghost of tsuhima.

Last of us 2.

Iron man vr.

Granblue versus.

Street fighter championship edition.

Nioh 2

Persona 5 royal

Yakuza like a dragon

Pathless

Predator hunting grounds.

Wild.

And more.

Now look at the superior list of xbox games coming out that will be so fucking awesome because of the superior hardware the xbox one x has!!!!!!!

Yeah baby those teraflops really show how awesome xbox really is! Because more power means more better exclusives!

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

ill wait on that

You realize that Uncharted 4 was critically and commercially acclaimed right? It has a 93 metacritic and sold 16 million

SleepDoctor

Banned
But xbox one x is more powerful. More power means better games for it right?

I mean just look at all this pathetic list of playstation games coming out people actually want.

Final fantasy 7 remake.

Ghost of tsuhima.

Last of us 2.

Iron man vr.

Granblue versus.

Street fighter championship edition.

Nioh 2

Persona 5 royal

Yakuza like a dragon

Pathless

Predator hunting grounds.

Wild.

And more.

Now look at the superior list of xbox games coming out that will be so fucking awesome because of the superior hardware the xbox one x has!!!!!!!

Yeah baby those teraflops really show how awesome xbox really is! Because more power means more better exclusives!

Someone is still salty about 12 tf on xsx 🤭🤭

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Really, really excited for this, but fuck their decision to sync the lip flaps of the characters to the English dialogue in the Japanese version, and *really* fuck their decision to go with corny Japanese-accented English for some of the characters as if they are ESL students with amazing vocabulary and grammar skills.

Last edited by a moderator:

Markness

Banned
I am happy for those that are interested in this game. But this isn't a game, nor is FF7R, nor is TLOU2 that I am interested in. I think Bloodborne is the only game that I regret not getting a PS4 for, but I still refuse to get one for a single game. Sony has a lot of weeb fans so they seem to know what they're doing. I am happy though if that is your cup of tea, but I'll always be a Dark Souls guy before a Sekiro guy. The weebs have ruined samurais for me... and others have mentioned, where is the gameplay? Everyone can make a fancy trailer <cough Blizzard> but that doesn't mean you should buy the game. But hey, what do I know? I never buy anything right away these days because companies always seem to come out with GOTY editions of games.

The_Dkmariolink

Neo Member
I am happy for those that are interested in this game. But this isn't a game, nor is FF7R, nor is TLOU2 that I am interested in. I think Bloodborne is the only game that I regret not getting a PS4 for, but I still refuse to get one for a single game. Sony has a lot of weeb fans so they seem to know what they're doing. I am happy though if that is your cup of tea, but I'll always be a Dark Souls guy before a Sekiro guy. The weebs have ruined samurais for me... and others have mentioned, where is the gameplay? Everyone can make a fancy trailer <cough Blizzard> but that doesn't mean you should buy the game. But hey, what do I know? I never buy anything right away these days because companies always seem to come out with GOTY editions of games.
The playstation brand has always been Japanese centric, and "weebs" always prefered playstation over xbox, this isn't new, where is this rant coming from? lol.

I enjoy shitposting about Sony, but bad thread to do so. Sucker Punch is legit awesome, shame on you for picking TLOU2. True gamers know Sucker Punch were always better than Naughty Dog.

Didnt even respond to my previous message since it pretty much destroyed your entire argument nice stupid
You realize that Uncharted 4 was critically and commercially acclaimed right? It has a 93 metacritic and sold 16 million
Am i playing games or review scores I already said earlier I dont care what jurnos give a game or what metacritic rates a game or how much a game sells I dont care I played what I want and make my own decision from there. Dont care whats the new fad or wave or whatever if I dont like it I dont like it end of story. I found the story in UC4 to be extreamly boring compared to 2 or 3 they could give the game a 11 out 10 the game was still boring for me end of story.

MM interesting take I would say out of all console the ps4 is the most western focus one they have made yet if you go from launch till now outside of P5,Nier,Nioh 1,2,Guilty gear xrd rev 1 and 2 ,blazblue,yakuza 0 kiwami 1 ,2 and 6 judgment, ff14,gravity rush 1,2 the system is pretty western fouced.

Didnt even respond to my previous message since it pretty much destroyed your entire argument nice stupid

You would buy Halo 6 regardless lack of gameplay showed. Yes, pick a gun and shoot the bastard gameplay. But you didn't see movements, recoil, guns variety, enemy variety, maybe rumored grappling hook....yet you would buy Halo 6 even if nothing is showed, just some cut-scene. Yet, you bitching around for Ghost Of Tsushima.
There is no need to answer. Really. Me destroyed? WOW, i'm dying. Dude, members here laugh at you. Just look at yourself.

giphy.gif

Btw. since you bitching around because there is no more of Ghost of Tsushima gameplay showed, next month previews are coming. You know, previews, like every game has it, few months before launch.

Last edited:
Sucker Punch one of the very few western developers I trust when it comes to fun gameplay, I would trust them not going same route as R* did with RDR2.
RDR2 is one of the best western open world games this gen easy top 5 the detail and how the A.i and phyxs work put it leagues above other games. Guns have realistic phyxs and have damage properties that vary and everything isnt a laser beam. The A.i in the game will actually flank you and is cognitive to there environment if you start a fight in the middle of saint Denis people will notice. This is the stuff western games need to be aiming dynamic a.i with gameplay to match crysis 1 and fear are other games that brought with it not only a realistic look but phyxs and a.i that match.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Need to see gameplay. Just finished Sekiro a month ago and it’s gonna be really hard to top.
I LOOOOOVE Sekiro but I don’t think Ghost of Tsushima going for same gameplay style.
RDR2 is one of the best western open world games this gen easy top 5 the detail and how the A.i and phyxs work put it leagues above other games. Guns have realistic phyxs and have damage properties that vary and everything isnt a laser beam. The A.i in the game will actually flank you and is cognitive to there environment if you start a fight in the middle of saint Denis people will notice. This is the stuff western games need to be aiming dynamic a.i with gameplay to match crysis 1 and fear are other games that brought with it not only a realistic look but phyxs and a.i that match.
I don’t want simulation in my games, RDR2 might have nice details in their world but the actual gameplay and mission design is not fun and it doesn’t even control properly, so yeah I never, ever want Suck Punch go same route as R*.

I haven't played RDR 2, but I can relate to what Danjin was talking about and I think your point kind of expands on what we feel from playing SP's games. They almost feel like a japanese developer, you'd never defend them by talking about the tech. Their games are caveman gaming, it's just fun to fuck shit up and it controls like a dream.

How awful, multiple awesome feudal japan games. We should only play one!

I'm playing Nioh 2 this month. They're all going to be fun.

Theres not enough. We need more. Its crazy with how far games have come there is barely any historically/legend based AAA games that take the best of gaming's mechanics and have fun with them. Where are the Spartans, Anubis/Iris, Greek mythology etc based games (and no, not that ubisoft shite).

As i mentioned in the Bluepoint/Tenchu thread, Tenchu or a similar samurai/ninja etc game with Chaos Theory type gameplay would be a dream come true. Evn in first person like the OGs Thief games....

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I haven't played RDR 2, but I can relate to what Danjin was talking about and I think your point kind of expands on what we feel from playing SP's games. They almost feel like a japanese developer, you'd never defend them by talking about the tech. Their games are caveman gaming, it's just fun to fuck shit up and it controls like a dream.
This absolutely true and not just their InFAMOUS games but also with their Sly Copper series. I always loved how their game played and hoping this is true with Ghost of Tsushima as well.

You would buy Halo 6 regardless lack of gameplay showed. Yes, pick a gun and shoot the bastard gameplay. But you didn't see movements, recoil, guns variety, enemy variety, maybe rumored grappling hook....yet you would buy Halo 6 even if nothing is showed, just some cut-scene. Yet, you bitching around for Ghost Of Tsushima.
There is no need to answer. Really. Me destroyed? WOW, i'm dying. Dude, members here laugh at you. Just look at yourself.

giphy.gif

Btw. since you bitching around because there is no more of Ghost of Tsushima gameplay showed, next month previews are coming. You know, previews, like every game has it, few months before launch.
"You would buy Halo 6 regardless lack of gameplay showed. "
-Already explained why
"Yes, pick a gun and shoot the bastard gameplay. "
There you go
"But you didn't see movements, recoil, guns variety, enemy variety, maybe rumored grappling hook "
all 343 has done is add infinite sprint running since reach and the only weapons they changed was the battle rifle every other weapon has been there since halo 1. Dont know why you mentioned a grappling hook when spartans can jump 20 feet in the arm and land just fine like the doom guy but what ever.

"yet you would buy Halo 6 even if nothing is showed, just some cut-scene. Yet, you bitching around for Ghost Of Tsushima. "
Established IP > new IP

"There is no need to answer. Really. Me destroyed? WOW, i'm dying. Dude, members here laugh at you. Just look at yourself. "
If I gave a shit about what these clowns think and wanted to fit in I wouldn't have spoken my mind like this. I could of wrote wow this game looks awesome 10 out 10 graphics sony wins and could of have 10 of these drones upvote my comment.

"Btw. since you bitching around because there is no more of Ghost of Tsushima gameplay showed, next month previews are coming. "
So so deep down you know they havent shown what I mentioned crazy LOL.

"You know, previews, like every game has it, few months before launch. "
KH3 2015 3 years out from launch, DMC 5 2018 a year out from launch, Nier auto 2 years out from launch,

This absolutely true and not just their InFAMOUS games but also with their Sly Copper series. I always loved how their game played and hoping this is true with Ghost of Tsushima as well.

Absolutely, it's the one thing I'm hoping for. Their games always had tight controls and cool (main) mission design, it's a non-stopping romp of kick ass awesomeness. I expect nothing short of gameplay greatness.

"You would buy Halo 6 regardless lack of gameplay showed. "
-Already explained why
"Yes, pick a gun and shoot the bastard gameplay. "
There you go
"But you didn't see movements, recoil, guns variety, enemy variety, maybe rumored grappling hook "
all 343 has done is add infinite sprint running since reach and the only weapons they changed was the battle rifle every other weapon has been there since halo 1. Dont know why you mentioned a grappling hook when spartans can jump 20 feet in the arm and land just fine like the doom guy but what ever.

"yet you would buy Halo 6 even if nothing is showed, just some cut-scene. Yet, you bitching around for Ghost Of Tsushima. "
Established IP > new IP

"There is no need to answer. Really. Me destroyed? WOW, i'm dying. Dude, members here laugh at you. Just look at yourself. "
If I gave a shit about what these clowns think and wanted to fit in I wouldn't have spoken my mind like this. I could of wrote wow this game looks awesome 10 out 10 graphics sony wins and could of have 10 of these drones upvote my comment.

"Btw. since you bitching around because there is no more of Ghost of Tsushima gameplay showed, next month previews are coming. "
So so deep down you know they havent shown what I mentioned crazy LOL.

"You know, previews, like every game has it, few months before launch. "
KH3 2015 3 years out from launch, DMC 5 2018 a year out from launch, Nier auto 2 years out from launch,

This is getting confusing why am i seeing game like this here? What kind of comparison is this ?

This has nothing to do with Ghost of Tsushima

Last edited:
Top Bottom