• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Out July 17: Collector’s & Digital Deluxe Editions Detailed

Jtibh

Banned
Now with the ps5 out of the way, as in release pushed to 2021 , developers can finally release the game a lot sooner.

This is good and i am glad we got a firm release date.
I hope more companies will follow and we will have a games filled year ahead of us.

February - Dreams
March - NioH 2
April - Final Fantasy 7
May - The Last of Us 2
June - Ghost of Tsushima

Just little fixed :

February - Dreams
March - NioH 2, Gran Blue Fantasy, Persona 5 Royal
April - Final Fantasy 7,, Predator
May - The Last of Us 2, Iron Man VR
June - Ghost of Tsushima

EDIT :

Till end of the year : Yakuza 7 and new Sakura Wars

What a great year!!

Last edited:

GymWolf

oh yeah baby.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

GymWolf

The art direction is absolutely stunning!

All this is being accomplished on a 4.2TF machine, imagine what they have in store for next-gen.
nah, the game is created with the base ps4 in mind, pro only adds fake4k, hdr and maybe a slightly better framerate like most exclusives.

you are gonna have the exact same game on base ps4.

GymWolf

I feel bad that no one answered your question. No this game in total has about 5 mins of gameplay shown since 2018 the demo they showed is the only “non scriptive” demo you could go off of for reference but from the looks of it this game looks pretty scripted like until dawn or the order.
lol what? 😆

it's an open world, you can use brute force, stealth, change outfit for different occasions, etc, even thinking that it's gonna be similar to a laser game and the most scripted game of this gen is absolutely hilarious...

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
I feel bad that no one answered your question. No this game in total has about 5 mins of gameplay shown since 2018 the demo they showed is the only “non scriptive” demo you could go off of for reference but from the looks of it this game looks pretty scripted like until dawn or the order.

There was like a 10 minute gameplay video over a year ago. Nice try tho bud, stick to your little xbox threads

Hostile_18

Banned
First up I think this is going to be an objectively good game BUT

I'm struggling to get excited for it..

Seems like an open world Ubisoft/Assassins Creed game and I dont care too much for the theme.

I can hardly complain with so many games coming out this year that I'm looking forward to... I just wish this did.

lol what? 😆

it's an open world, you can use brute force, stealth, change outfit for different occasions, etc, even thinking that it's gonna be similar to a laser game and the most scripted game of this gen is absolutely hilarious...
Where is that gameplay then link it? out of all the trailer we have seen the e3 2018 one was the only one to present a non scripted type game play and it leaved alot to be desired of

GymWolf

Where is that gameplay then link it? out of all the trailer we have seen the e3 2018 one was the only one to present a non scripted type game play and it leaved alot to be desired of
are you kidding me? all the info i gave to you are official.
have you ever played until down or the order??

have you ever saw an open world game ala assassins creed scripted like until down or the order? even rdr2 that is a script fest is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more free than those games you mentioned...

even in the demo they showed you can choose to use the roof or stealthing on the ground or use brute force, the fact that they don't show you the other alternative doen't mean that they don't exist.

of course you are gonna have some more story heavy scripted mission, like any open world game ever...

try again my dude.

Last edited:
There was like a 10 minute gameplay video over a year ago. Nice try tho bud, stick to your little xbox threads
Are you talking about the e3 demo the one where you cut down 3 dudes in slow motion then walk with a npc then do a 1 one 1 sword battle I was expecting a little bit more out of sucker punch especially compared to these samurai games.

GymWolf

Are you talking about the e3 demo the one where you cut down 3 dudes in slow motion then walk with a npc then do a 1 one 1 sword battle I was expecting a little bit more out of sucker punch especially compared to these samurai games.

this is a kinda realistic game, you are not gonna find a combat similar to a fucking pure action game and a fast paced souls clone.

they are going for the realism route, so slow paced combat for the most part, i personally love this choice, we already have a lot of game with fast paced combat and very few with realistic combat.

what are you talking about was the stealth takedown similar to arkham knight game because yes, surprise surprise the game has stealth too.

Last edited:
are you kidding me? all the info i gave to you are official.

have you ever saw an open world game ala assassins creed scripted like until down or the order? even rdr2 that is a script fest is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more free than those games you mentioned...

even in the demo they showed you can choose to use the roof or stealthing on the ground or use brute force, the fact that they don't show you the other alternative doen't mean that they don't exist.

of course you are gonna have some more story heavy scripted mission, like any open world game ever...

try again my dude.
"are you kidding me? all the info i gave to you are official."
I literally asked a question I guess you cant ask question about sony games my bad.
-Yes and there both heavily scripted
"have you ever saw an open world game ala assassins creed scripted like until down or the order? "
this game looks about as far away from AC or far cry as possible this game looks like at best Horizon zero dawn.

"even in the demo they showed you can choose to use the roof or stealthing on the ground or use brute force, the fact that they don't show you the other alternative doen't mean that they don't exist. "
Ill believe when they show it how many devs have promised stuff or talked about stuff for just for the final game to be missing those feature or have an extreme dumb down literally take or what they promised Fable 1 and 2 come to mind as examples.

"of course you are gonna have some more story heavy scripted mission, like any open world game ever... "
Far cry 2-4, Zelda breath of the wild, Sleeping dogs, Saints row 1-4, GTA 1,2,3, china down wars, 5, Fallout 3,new vegas,4 Nier automta, Yakuza 0-6, Xenoblade X and many more beg to differ.

"try again my dude. "
Ill restate the question where are the other gameplay videos?

J3nga

Trailer looks nice, but hell, what about gameplay? All we had that E3 2018, right? Well, that did not sold the game to me at all, so far I care very little about this title.

GymWolf

"are you kidding me? all the info i gave to you are official."
I literally asked a question I guess you cant ask question about sony games my bad.
-Yes and there both heavily scripted
"have you ever saw an open world game ala assassins creed scripted like until down or the order? "
this game looks about as far away from AC or far cry as possible this game looks like at best Horizon zero dawn.

"even in the demo they showed you can choose to use the roof or stealthing on the ground or use brute force, the fact that they don't show you the other alternative doen't mean that they don't exist. "
Ill believe when they show it how many devs have promised stuff or talked about stuff for just for the final game to be missing those feature or have an extreme dumb down literally take or what they promised Fable 1 and 2 come to mind as examples.

"of course you are gonna have some more story heavy scripted mission, like any open world game ever... "
Far cry 2-4, Zelda breath of the wild, Sleeping dogs, Saints row 1-4, GTA 1,2,3, china down wars, 5, Fallout 3,new vegas,4 Nier automta, Yakuza 0-6, Xenoblade X and many more beg to differ.

"try again my dude. "
Ill restate the question where are the other gameplay videos?

again, are you kidding me? most of the games you cited have some story heavy scripted mission, maybe they look less scripted because bethesda, nintendo and some others can't make a cinematic game with good cutscene, good story mission or decent camera work to save their life so they don't look like tsushima, doens't mean that they are not scripted.
i mean fuck me yakuza series has a shitload of scripted mission with combat-cutscene-combat-cutscene etc (i completed yakuza kiwami 2 last night ffs), same for far cry, gta and almost all the games in that list except xenoblade (haven't played yet) and maybe zelda (but you have some section where you can only do what the game told you to do like when you are with prince sidon trying to get up on the giant beast while riding a creature)

are you aware that in the gameplay of tsushima we saw you can do the stealth multiple takedown or get down and slash the enemies right? it's not forced, the devs was just showing the stealth takedown.

you told to another dude that this game looks scripted like until down or the order, if you don't understand how ridiculous this sound you are being dense on purpose (or trolling)

Last edited:
this is a kinda realistic game, you are not gonna find a combat similar to a fucking pure action game and a fast paced souls clone.

they are going for the realism route, so slow paced combat for the most part, i personally love this choice, we already have a lot of game with fast paced combat and very few with realistic combat.

what are you talking about was the stealth takedown similar to arkham knight game because yes, surprise surprise the game has stealth too.

"this is a kinda realistic game, you are not gonna find a combat similar to a fucking pure action game and a fast paced souls clone."
They way you described it sounded like an action focused open world game

"they are going for the realism route, so slow paced combat for the most part, "
I thought gamers hated slow based games GTA4, RDR2 and Far cry 2 got crucified for this decision but now its ok LOL.

"love this choice, we already have a lot of game with fast paced combat and very few with realistic combat. "
Personal opinions are fine but we have way more realistic games then games based around arcade/ fast styles of combat.

"what are you talking about was the stealth takedown similar to arkham knight game because yes, surprise surprise the game has stealth too. "
Asked a question and then give a condescending answer nice. I wanted what the gameplay as whole was going to be and from the trailer I cant tell so all I can do is guess is it going to be like what I posted a action type game plus stealth like a Desus ex,Thief or Splinter cell or is it going to be a uncharted type game mixed with AC I hoped it was the former and not the latter.

GymWolf

"this is a kinda realistic game, you are not gonna find a combat similar to a fucking pure action game and a fast paced souls clone."
They way you described it sounded like an action focused open world game

"they are going for the realism route, so slow paced combat for the most part, "
I thought gamers hated slow based games GTA4, RDR2 and Far cry 2 got crucified for this decision but now its ok LOL.

"love this choice, we already have a lot of game with fast paced combat and very few with realistic combat. "
Personal opinions are fine but we have way more realistic games then games based around arcade/ fast styles of combat.

"what are you talking about was the stealth takedown similar to arkham knight game because yes, surprise surprise the game has stealth too. "
Asked a question and then give a condescending answer nice. I wanted what the gameplay as whole was going to be and from the trailer I cant tell so all I can do is guess is it going to be like what I posted a action type game plus stealth like a Desus ex,Thief or Splinter cell or is it going to be a uncharted type game mixed with AC I hoped it was the former and not the latter.
it is an action\stealth open world game, action does not only mean fast paced combat, it means that you have a lot of combat in it.
people hate games that controls like shit with input lag etc, being realistic is not that, tlou is realistic and the controls are miles better than rdr2, max payne 3 is one of the most realistic tps ever and it controls like a dream.

what ninja\samurai open world game you have with realistic art style, world, combat etc.?

people cum various times when they saw that tsushima was a realistic one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom