• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima |OT| - Summer blade cuts through, the PlayStation shall go on, this is its swan song

Tygeezy

It does not. As much as Sony pioneered gyro aim in the vita, and gyro in controllers in general in the ps3, they never seem to use it in anything and when they do the sensitivity is 100x too high.
It’s truly unfortunate, this game gets a hard pass then. All they have to do is look at what nintendo is doing with the switch, or what steam is doing with Sony’s DualShock 4.

Am I the only one who find it strange the only thing we seem to be getting for this game on PS5 is a 60FPS mode. So am I right to assume Sony is going to do an ultimate version of this game where you have to buy it on the PS5 to get better textures, and ray tracing ? Cause that tweet says one thing only 60FPS. Last of Us 2 did not get any news about a PS5 version as of yet, but boy I have a weird feeling Sony is about to pull those 505 Games style upgrades like Control had.

John2290

I'm a bit late to the party but here are some of my favourite shots from my time with the game. It's so damn beautiful and by far one of the hardest games to get through without stopping regularly to take in the sites which i think helped the games pacing a lot for me.

qkd3XfT.jpg

SSLe8eK.jpg

cHePYNS.jpg

YKey5Jd.jpg

Azf7VUk.jpg

9clI1T9.jpg

a7Qr37U.jpg

TQsw9bl.jpg

LMrks95.jpg

9zcKbmV.jpg

rHP5Pb2.jpg

QWefWjl.jpg

51MndmM.jpg

PanzerAzel

It’s truly unfortunate, this game gets a hard pass then. All they have to do is look at what nintendo is doing with the switch, or what steam is doing with Sony’s DualShock 4.
It would be foolish to pass this game up for such a reason. You won’t pick it up simply because it lacks gyro aiming?

Aside, does anyone know when the 1.1 update will be released? Past midnight here, still no go.

Tygeezy

It would be foolish to pass this game up for such a reason. You won’t pick it up simply because it lacks gyro aiming?

Aside, does anyone know when the 1.1 update will be released? Past midnight here, still no go.
That’s correct. I will only play games with aiming with either mouse and keyboard or gyroscope. I straight up refuse to play games with right stick only and aim assist.

PanzerAzel

That’s correct. I will only play games with aiming with either mouse and keyboard or gyroscope. I straight up refuse to play games with right stick only and aim assist.
That’s unfortunate, it’s really a great game in many other areas. Archery doesn’t constitute the entirety of the experience, you could ignore it 95% of the time if you wished, and it seems a bit odd to write off so much else that’s good due to a single mechanic. But, up to you. Perhaps one day it’ll arrive on PC so you can enjoy it. It’s not one to miss if you’re into the source material.

Neolombax

I am really liking Legends mode. Sucker Punch spent quite a bit of effort to make the environments look really creepy, although most of it is reused assets from the main game. Its an RPG lite of sorts, gear with different rarities and you eventually unlock the ability to re-roll stats on gear.

This mode really revitalised my intrest to play GoT. Really amazing effort from Sucker Punch.

GreyHorace

Ok. Getting pissed off by New Game+ here, as the game pauses on occasion to tell me my internet connection is lost. I assume this is because of the Legends mode. Is there a way I can stop this message from appearing? I just want to play New Game+ without being disturbed.

Unknown?

Am I the only one who find it strange the only thing we seem to be getting for this game on PS5 is a 60FPS mode. So am I right to assume Sony is going to do an ultimate version of this game where you have to buy it on the PS5 to get better textures, and ray tracing ? Cause that tweet says one thing only 60FPS. Last of Us 2 did not get any news about a PS5 version as of yet, but boy I have a weird feeling Sony is about to pull those 505 Games style upgrades like Control had.
Did you expect backwards compatibility to add anything more than FPS and resolution or something? This increases framerate and loading. Not bad imo.

Cobenzl

Got my first Platinum trophy ever last night on this! It was a bit "grindy" towards the end but there is a sense of accomplishing something. Even if that something is ultimately pointless. I got Legends fired up too. Why oh why change the control system?

Dries

I'm a bit late to the party but here are some of my favourite shots from my time with the game. It's so damn beautiful and by far one of the hardest games to get through without stopping regularly to take in the sites which i think helped the games pacing a lot for me.

qkd3XfT.jpg

SSLe8eK.jpg

cHePYNS.jpg

YKey5Jd.jpg

Azf7VUk.jpg

9clI1T9.jpg

a7Qr37U.jpg

TQsw9bl.jpg

LMrks95.jpg

9zcKbmV.jpg

rHP5Pb2.jpg

QWefWjl.jpg

51MndmM.jpg

just WOW

zkorejo

I have been an idiot and didn't get this game at launch. I got tlou2 instead and it was not a very good experience. I just got this game 3 days ago and wow.

This has one of the best intros in my gaming experience. It's up there with uncharted 2 and assassin's creed 2 intro sequences. The story, the world, the characters, the gameplay.. everything is top notch. I am doing every little thing in this game and I'm loving every second of it.

I haven't felt this way about a game since witcher 3. The sense of adventure, leveling up feels so damn good. The world is full of mysteries and breathtaking scenery. I'm so glad I got this game. Better late than never. Idk how far I am in but it's been a while since I have been THAT invested in a game.

Can't wait to get back to it. Sucker Punch did an amazing job. This far exceeds any open world games I have played since witcher 3 easily.

vpance

Who else is still playing this?? On PS5? Just got my Kensei armor, those straw hat duels were fun.

Playing this on lethal and 60FPS is the way to go. 2 or more mistakes in duels and you’re done. Start with no resolve for even more intense fights.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Who else is still playing this?? On PS5? Just got my Kensei armor, those straw hat duels were fun.

Playing this on lethal and 60FPS is the way to go. 2 or more mistakes in duels and you’re done. Start with no resolve for even more intense fights.
I thought 60fps is the only way to go now on PS5 😂

Bartski

Gold Member
One of the first things I did after booting up my PS5 was to check stats.
Turns out this is my no.1 most played game of all last-gen, now at 320hrs. That's 11h longer than Dark Souls 3. I'm sure the majority of it is Legends.
After squeezing every last drop of Demon's Souls I decided to fire it up. I'm right back to killing weekly challenges with friends I made online in this game. Full cross-gen, zero issues.
One key difference: This game locked to 60fps in the chaos of sth like Nightmare survival is just another level. It makes you better at maneuvering. It makes you better at perfect parry. It's just so even more amazing now and I'm far from done.

EDMIX

Still haven't gotten around to play this game. Need to purchase it sometime soon

Its a solid title. It gets a bit repetitive (be like save fiddy farms) , but the gameplay is sooooooo good, its good enough to ignore that lol I put about 75 hours in the game and I'm on the last part. Its a meaty RPG lol. The story is....well its "meh" but thats just my view, the smaller stories on the side quest and the other characters are much more interesting then the main character imho.

I finished it yesterday, great game but story wise, it didnt blow my mind. Mainly the sidequests but its not bad jsut a little watered down. Donno, to this day The Witcher 3 has the best writing ever, that game was a drug just for the story. GoT is absolutely STUNNING! Insane visuals. One thing I do think they should of either removed or better implemented are the stances. Besides when the game was telling me to change stance due to tutorial, 99% I was always on the default stance. I saw no reason to switch as in any combat I run into, one button press to counter attack. Reminded me of Ass Creed 1 back in the day.

apowhungo

just beat it. had goosebumps at the end. it was fucking perfect. western studios would never be allowed to make a samurai movie in this climate but it basically felt like that and a lot of it made more sense to me than most samurai movies because of that, if that makes sense.

did all the side shit before completing story btw and im at almost 100 hours on the dot. it definitely gets repetitive but i loved the combat so much i didnt mind.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Love the gameplay but finding it really hard to get invested story/mission wise. The samurai setting doesn't really do it for me.

Umbral

I know very little about the game other than the obvious. Before I start playing, what’s the best way to play it?

• Japanese or English voice?
  • Which difficulty, if there are difficulties?
  • Which HUD options, if there are any?
  • Anything else I should know?
I want to maximize the experience because time is becoming scarce.

Wasn't sure If I should ask this here or in the PS5 thread, figured this might be the best place:

So I am currently finding myself goin down this GOT loading time "rabbit hole," for lack of a better term.

I am playing the game on PS5, running off my external SSD, and it loads my saves in about 14-15 seconds on average, which I thought was pretty damn good for a BC game off an external. However, recently I have seen numerous comments referencing GOT loading times being "lightning fast" even on base PS4, which led me to search for typical GOT loading times and what I found is confusing me.

One guy on YouTube shows his Pro loading a save in just under 8 seconds, and 14 seconds on a base PS4. One guy has his PS5 loading a save in 12 seconds, another guy in 20 seconds.

Was there an update at some point that slowed down load times a bit? Seems like there is a very wide range of results that I can't easily explain other than different versions of the game being shown.

Are my personal results (14-15 seconds off an external SSD on PS5) indictive of a problem on my end?

Thanks for any input.

I know very little about the game other than the obvious. Before I start playing, what’s the best way to play it?

• Japanese or English voice?
  • Which difficulty, if there are difficulties?
  • Which HUD options, if there are any?
  • Anything else I should know?
I want to maximize the experience because time is becoming scarce.

- Japanese
- Hard
- I had the default option (it hides them mostly)
- ENJOY and follow the birds :)

Umbral

- Japanese
- Hard
- I had the default option (it hides them mostly)
- ENJOY and follow the birds :)
I ended up with Lethal and the expert HUD or whatever it’s called. It may screw me over later and I’ll have to turn it back on.

I’m really enjoying the game right now. Lethal highlights some issues with the combat but maybe I’m being a baby. This is the part where I throw out my From Software gamer credentials.

I ended up with Lethal and the expert HUD or whatever it’s called. It may screw me over later and I’ll have to turn it back on.

I’m really enjoying the game right now. Lethal highlights some issues with the combat but maybe I’m being a baby. This is the part where I throw out my From Software gamer credentials.
Banzai!

Show them who's the man!

Top Bottom