• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| Ghost of Tsushima |OT| - Summer blade cuts through, the PlayStation shall go on, this is its swan song

Tygeezy

Sep 28, 2018
It does not. As much as Sony pioneered gyro aim in the vita, and gyro in controllers in general in the ps3, they never seem to use it in anything and when they do the sensitivity is 100x too high.
It’s truly unfortunate, this game gets a hard pass then. All they have to do is look at what nintendo is doing with the switch, or what steam is doing with Sony’s DualShock 4.

Danteyke223

Feb 1, 2020
Am I the only one who find it strange the only thing we seem to be getting for this game on PS5 is a 60FPS mode. So am I right to assume Sony is going to do an ultimate version of this game where you have to buy it on the PS5 to get better textures, and ray tracing ? Cause that tweet says one thing only 60FPS. Last of Us 2 did not get any news about a PS5 version as of yet, but boy I have a weird feeling Sony is about to pull those 505 Games style upgrades like Control had.

PanzerAzel

Oct 31, 2019
It’s truly unfortunate, this game gets a hard pass then. All they have to do is look at what nintendo is doing with the switch, or what steam is doing with Sony’s DualShock 4.
It would be foolish to pass this game up for such a reason. You won’t pick it up simply because it lacks gyro aiming?

Aside, does anyone know when the 1.1 update will be released? Past midnight here, still no go.

Tygeezy

Sep 28, 2018
It would be foolish to pass this game up for such a reason. You won’t pick it up simply because it lacks gyro aiming?

Aside, does anyone know when the 1.1 update will be released? Past midnight here, still no go.
That’s correct. I will only play games with aiming with either mouse and keyboard or gyroscope. I straight up refuse to play games with right stick only and aim assist.

PanzerAzel

Oct 31, 2019
That’s correct. I will only play games with aiming with either mouse and keyboard or gyroscope. I straight up refuse to play games with right stick only and aim assist.
That’s unfortunate, it’s really a great game in many other areas. Archery doesn’t constitute the entirety of the experience, you could ignore it 95% of the time if you wished, and it seems a bit odd to write off so much else that’s good due to a single mechanic. But, up to you. Perhaps one day it’ll arrive on PC so you can enjoy it. It’s not one to miss if you’re into the source material.

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
Got a list for coop? Could be fun to do with some GAF at some point. Any people like to PM me their tags?

Neolombax

Aug 3, 2016
Malaysia
I am really liking Legends mode. Sucker Punch spent quite a bit of effort to make the environments look really creepy, although most of it is reused assets from the main game. Its an RPG lite of sorts, gear with different rarities and you eventually unlock the ability to re-roll stats on gear.

This mode really revitalised my intrest to play GoT. Really amazing effort from Sucker Punch.

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
Ok. Getting pissed off by New Game+ here, as the game pauses on occasion to tell me my internet connection is lost. I assume this is because of the Legends mode. Is there a way I can stop this message from appearing? I just want to play New Game+ without being disturbed.

Unknown?

Jan 5, 2016
Am I the only one who find it strange the only thing we seem to be getting for this game on PS5 is a 60FPS mode. So am I right to assume Sony is going to do an ultimate version of this game where you have to buy it on the PS5 to get better textures, and ray tracing ? Cause that tweet says one thing only 60FPS. Last of Us 2 did not get any news about a PS5 version as of yet, but boy I have a weird feeling Sony is about to pull those 505 Games style upgrades like Control had.
Did you expect backwards compatibility to add anything more than FPS and resolution or something? This increases framerate and loading. Not bad imo.

Cobenzl

Apr 21, 2018
Got my first Platinum trophy ever last night on this! It was a bit "grindy" towards the end but there is a sense of accomplishing something. Even if that something is ultimately pointless. I got Legends fired up too. Why oh why change the control system?