• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima |OT| - Summer blade cuts through, the PlayStation shall go on, this is its swan song

Erdrick

Never played any games made by this developer before but I'm all in on this. Love me some Kurosawa. Hard mode, Black and White filter and Japanese with English subs will be my way of playing. Been sorely lacking a great Samurai game since the Way Of The Samurai games...

I'm hoping this does well in terms of sales. By all indications this is a really good start for a possible franchise. I mostly want to see a sequel to see what these guys can do with next gen hardware, especially since this is what they did with such old hardware.

Bodom78

Wish I had PS4 for this game, looks so good and like my cup of tea.

Oh well, I expect some amazing gifs and screenshots to drool over Gaf, don't let me down!

-Arcadia-

Banned
(Sigh)

Watching the DF on this, and I am so envious.

I have a PS4. I’m stuck inbetween getting a Pro for this beautiful game, or waiting 4 months for PS5, and sanity is winning. Lol.

It just looks so gorgeous, and like a bit of an HDR showcase.

So is the hard mode way to go? Is normal too easy?
Is hard mode close to souls/nioh level?
Luckily I'm able to start playing Ghost of Tsushima at the end of the next week, so maybe we'll get a patch that fixes the AI even a little bit.

nowhat

Technically my summer vacation starts on Monday... but I've been working home since March, no one will notice if I start one day early. Little over 11h to go in my timezone, preload ready - couldn't quite justify buying Japanese whiskey as it's so expensive here, so Laphroaig Triple Wood it is.

Skyr

Game has already been delivered for me. 5 more hours of work tho..

Will definitely play this on the hardest difficulty first playthrough.

GymWolf

So is the hard mode way to go? Is normal too easy?
Is hard mode close to souls/nioh level?
Luckily I'm able to start playing Ghost of Tsushima at the end of the next week, so maybe we'll get a patch that fixes the AI even a little bit.
Hard is the way to go and no, we are far away from souls level of difficulty, don't worry.

Last edited:
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
My copy is pre-loaded & ready to go. Half day tomorrow, so I've got all afternoon to soak up that atmosphere. Good times ahead.

(Sigh)

Watching the DF on this, and I am so envious.

I have a PS4. I’m stuck inbetween getting a Pro for this beautiful game, or waiting 4 months for PS5, and sanity is winning. Lol.

It just looks so gorgeous, and like a bit of an HDR showcase.

Trade in the PS4 for a Pro. Enjoy GoT. When the time comes, trade in the Pro for a PS5.

You only live once :messenger_horns:

cormack12

Gold Member
Is there anything that explains the differences in normal v hard? I'm expecting tighter parry window and health/damage etc. Is that about the scale of it?

Cracklox

A little over an hour and a half and I'll be in. I think this is the first time since gtaV on ps3 that I'll be playing a title on midnight of release. Which is sort of weird, because while I'm pretty hyped for the game, there's been plenty of other this gen I was more keen to get my hands on.

Anyway, back to staring at the clock...

JimiNutz

Banned
Not sure if this has been posted yet but apparently it'll be ready for release soon:

iEyKs6M.png

I've never bought a Funko Pop but the geek in me kind of wants it.

Reactions: MrS

PresetError

Neophyte
Is there any Ghost of Tsushima spoiler thread? Because I found a playthrough of the game on Youtube already and I don't know where should I post it.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Anyone have luck getting the physical early today? If not ill get it on psn the reviews won me over looks awesome.

Cracklox

Its go time!

350mb day one patch is kinda small too

edit - scratch that. just got hit with 6 more gigs of day one patch

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is there anything that explains the differences in normal v hard? I'm expecting tighter parry window and health/damage etc. Is that about the scale of it?

I believe the NPCs are more aggressive in their attacks and don't wait as much when surrounded by several at a time. So you need to be on your A Game with stance changes in your katana kata.

At least that is one part I read.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nice! I'll see it as soon as i'll get home.
Is there a summary? Can't watch it at work right now.

Sakura

Game seems kind of easy so far on normal, but if you get kind of sloppy it only takes a couple hits for your health to tank.
I like the 3D headphone option, it sounds pretty cool even though I'm only using normal headphones. Should pick up 3D ones.
Only complaint I have so far is the lip synching, for Japanese audio at least.

Cracklox

Game seems kind of easy so far on normal, but if you get kind of sloppy it only takes a couple hits for your health to tank.
I like the 3D headphone option, it sounds pretty cool even though I'm only using normal headphones. Should pick up 3D ones.
Only complaint I have so far is the lip synching, for Japanese audio at least.

Yeah I started with Japanese VO, but have since changed it. The lip synching wasn't great plus having to read the bottom of the screen all the time was kind of distracting from the pretty pictures. I played Sekiro all the way through with Japanese VO, but the talking in that were mostly during more subdued moments where reading wasn't really distracting from anything.

The English seems ok'ish so far I guess. Better then Sekiro at least where I tried it for about 2 minutes before changing it back.

Top Bottom