• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima new info about the combat (and some new gifs)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I noticed 5 guys ganging up on one mand and being brain-dead enough not to use their numbers to their advantage. At most two went in.
I remember myself I had same complain when they showed off God of War (2018) gameplay for the first time, I thought the enemies are waiting for their turn to attack and then I played the actual game on hard difficulty......Ooooooh boy I was wrong.

Last edited:
I remember myself I had same complain when they showed off God of War (2018) gameplay for the first time, I thought the enemies are waiting for their turn to attack and then I played the actual game on hard difficulty......Ooooooh boy I was wrong.
Cool if they make them more aggressive on higher difficulty level. This level of AI is not acceptable on anything higher than Easy.

They better not turn this into GMGOW either which makes enemies into damage sponges. I spent 3 minutes waling on a Draugr in the first fight.

RedVIper

Banned
Most games with combat are built like this to not overwhelm the player, same thing goes for movies, they take turns to attack because if they didnt it would be chaos on screen

The obvious solution it's to simply have less enemies on screen.

Don't put the character in a situation that requires a stupid solution to get them out of.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Whos trolling? Are you fucking blind? This has been a constant complaint ever since they revealed actual combat, nothing new. Either they're playing on very easy and the AI is programmed to attack far less on lower difficulties which would be nice since that means on hard+ enemies attack a lot more often in groups or its exactly as I fear, enemy AI on harder difficulties will most likely just deal more damage and thats it.

You act as if you've never seen a game demoed before. Stop acting brand new!

REE Machine

Banned
The obvious solution it's to simply have less enemies on screen.

Don't put the character in a situation that requires a stupid solution to get them out of.
But that's the fun of wave after wave of enemies, you realise shit the fight you killed maybe five guys and it makes you feel empowered.

Last edited:

Greeno

Its really hard to do grounded realistic combat. For honor kinda nails it. This looks kinda generic. I hope the story and other aspects of the game are noteworthy.
I've never tried For Honor, but it seems similar to Kingdom Come in terms of combat. Kingdom Come had a really robust combat system. I hope more games get inspired by it.

Pizdetz

Banned
Looks a lot better.
Looks like they copied NiOhs stance system, that's a good thing. Combat looks less fun than NiOh but if this has a decent story I might try it. Unless it ends up being like TLOU2, then I'll just laugh.

Vroadstar

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The trolls are out today.

Agree, the game's not released yet you can already taste the salty tears of some fans again :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

45UAR3w.gif

Last edited:
Let me just wait my turn while you're killing my buddies.
Lol how long have you been playing video games? This happens in damn near every video game. How is any of this new ?
Most games with combat are built like this to not overwhelm the player, same thing goes for movies, they take turns to attack because if they didnt it would be chaos on screen
Nah don't bother correcting them.

I'm sure they know these things are not only in games but movies too. Not one of them started playing video games yesterday.

They know it mate. They're just taking the opportunity to troll the thread.

Last edited:
Lol how long have you been playing video games? This happens in damn near every video game. How is any of this new ?

I'm sure they know these things are not only in games but movies too. Not one of them started playing video games yesterday.

Hey this shit is bad but everyone else is doing it. You’re trolling if you’re expecting better from a new game supposedly grounded in realism.

^Your argument

And you have the nerves to call me a troll.

Last edited:

Vroadstar

You got a point :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't think there's any chance they under deliver in July.

Halo Infinite gameplay (that looks relatively fun)

+

One big new AAA exclusive (that looks relatively fun)

+

Hellblade II and a bunch of indie games will be enough to "match" the PS5 show for most people and both sides will say that their plastic of choice won.

I firmly expect MS to do the above at minimum.

Nah. I think MS is primed to surpass Sony next gen in terms of mindshare/marketshare. They might not sell quite as many consoles but Microsoft's games will dwarf Sony's in market penetration.

GoT

Hopefully the game turned out great.

I do not have high hopes for it.

Can we get some Metascore predictions for this game?

Belmonte

Would be so great if they implemented a Bushido Blade-like combat. Despite being animeish, the psx classic have a good amount of realism, which would be perfect for a game about samurai with an historic flair.

Make the wrong move --> dead.

f5d4d5d299401a7f547b3282022ef0bef2805d31.gifv

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Would be so great if they implemented a Bushido Blade-like combat. Despite being animeish, the psx classic have a good amount of realism, which would be perfect for a game about samurai with an historic flair.

The bamboo level and gun guy are some fond memories I have of that game playing with my Dad.

Vroadstar

I think I read somewhere that you have an option in GoT to do something like that, I believe it's called Stand-off system (time-stamped below)

Last edited:

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.

Cant compare Superpunch VS Santa Monica...

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.
I think you mean Sucker Punch, I personally really enjoy all their games, especially when it comes to its gameplay and how it good their controls feels.

They make good games, it is just that Santa Monica studio are better when it comes to combat.

GymWolf

I'm sorry but that looked pretty mediocre man. The graphics are good and all that but watching the way the enemie AI jostles back and forth waiting for their turn looked kinda dumpy. Like something from an early ps3 game.
Dude have you read my posts? I'm not thrilled about the combat neither, i'm just trying to stay positive :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

CrysisFreak

Banned
17th of July cannot come soon enough. It has been way too long since this game was announced.
Almost feels like KH3 when you finally get to play it lol.

sublimit

Banned
It still looks like the combat of the old Assassin's Creed games but much more versatile and evolved. I don't have a problem with it but it will not be the main draw to play the game.

Which is fine.I never liked that much The Witcher 3's combat as well but the game itself was one of my favorite games of all time.

Hunnybun

So because most games do it, it’s OK for a game with so-called "grounded and realistic" combat to do it? Thanks for confirming this game is just generic as shit following what everyone else does.

The game still has to be functionally playable. You're one guy taking on an army. A certain suspension of disbelief is required, as for almost all games.

Top Bottom