• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: Mastering the katana

kretos

Banned
Our goal with Ghost of Tsushima has always been to capture the heart of the samurai fantasy — to transport you back to feudal Japan, to live through the beauty and danger of Tsushima Island under attack. Our hero, Jin Sakai, has trained his whole life in the samurai way — watchful, precise, disciplined, deadly. He’s a master of the katana, a confident horseman, and skilled with the bow… but those skills aren’t enough when faced with thousands of Mongol invaders. He needs to be something more than the perfect samurai if he wants to save his home. That’s what Ghost is about.

more in the link

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
There was no katana at that time but I guess they are trying to communicate with modern culture that mostly has no idea.

The blade would be pointed downwards when sheathed at that time period also.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
200w.webp

I'm having Assassin's Creed combat vibes. Most times NPC's attack one at the time.

Hope it's difficulty related, and those gifs are on easy or normal.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

200w.webp

I'm having Assassin's Creed combat vibes. Most times NPC's attack one at the time.

Watch the 2nd video.

+ more than two attacking him at once would be pretty stupid, they would risk hurting each other, I think this game is trying to be realistic in that way.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
There was no katana at that time but I guess they are trying to communicate with modern culture that mostly has no idea.

The blade would be pointed downwards when sheathed at that time period also.
Other than the setting this game is not going for accuracy, its going for more romanticize edo Japan like you see old live action samurai movies.

200w.webp

That's what I'm afraid of Assassins Creed boredom setting in...but looks fucking awesome, hope I'm wrong.

Craving for a AAA Samurai so bad.

Arkam

Reading their take on how they defined their combat style is very promising. I don't want reality, I want Yojimbo and Sanjuro. Glad to see Sucker Punch feels the same way.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Reading their take on how they defined their combat style is very promising. I don't want reality, I want Yojimbo and Sanjuro. Glad to see Sucker Punch feels the same way.
I think that’s what they are going for, Sekiro is set in sengoku period but the actual game is not realistic.

Ghost of Tsushima is going to be the same, it has realistic setting but for the actual game SP is going for Kurosawa’s samurai movie feel.

Top Bottom