• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima graphics are distracting

dDoc

It's why the Bloodborne vs. Witcher 3 poll was so heated, Sonygaf just hated that an exclusive didn't poll as well as a Sony exclusive.

Got both a PS4 and a mid range PC. Played both W3 and BB. I know what they say about opinions etc, however IMO BB is the superior game.

W3 might be massive, have great writing and grfx however the combat is not its greatest asset.

Whereas BB has the better combat. Only issue restricted to frame pacing and 30 fps and under due to being exclusive.

I still cant believe W3 is so popular. I quit half way through couldnt take any more of the useless loot/combat system.

renzolama

......did you....get lost and stumble your way here or something?

In what way does the thread title justify public shaming?

Because it's a clickbait title hiding a screenshot love-in thread. If it was named 'Ghost of Tsushima sure is a beautiful game' then I wouldn't be here.

Got both a PS4 and a mid range PC. Played both W3 and BB. I know what they say about opinions etc, however IMO BB is the superior game.

W3 might be massive, have great writing and grfx however the combat is not its greatest asset.

Whereas BB has the better combat. Only issue restricted to frame pacing and 30 fps and under due to being exclusive.

I still cant believe W3 is so popular. I quit half way through couldnt take any more of the useless loot/combat system.
Bloodborne - better combat.
The Witcher 3 - better everything else.

Yet somehow Bloodborne is a better game overall?

Play The Witcher on Death March difficulty. Loot suddenly is not so useless and combat becomes more engaging and rewarding. Studying weaknesses of each monster and preparation (potions, oils, etc.) is key. I actually loved that aspect about The Witcher.

bender

What time is it?
The world is stunning. I just wish it had a larger focus on the duels which are a ton of fun. Fighting mobs of enemies gets monotonous and harkens back to games like Assassin's Creed or Witcher 3.

Vick

Bloodborne - better combat.
The Witcher 3 - better everything else.

Yet somehow Bloodborne is a better game overall?
Eh.. animations, enemy design, controls.. it’s clearly not just combat.

And before Ghost of Tsushima, The Witcher 3 was my Game of the Gen so i obviously love that game to death.

The world is stunning. I just wish it had a larger focus on the duels which are a ton of fun. Fighting mobs of enemies gets monotonous and harkens back to games like Assassin's Creed or Witcher 3.
On the contrary, groups of enemies never became monotonous to me even after 200 hours, in this game. And i basically only used the Water Stance. Actually, all i fucking use is Surging Strikes and i could do that for an entire year nonstop 24/24 without getting bored, lol.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
On the contrary, groups of enemies never became monotonous to me even after 200 hours. And i basically only used the Water Stance. Actually, all i fucking use is Surging Strikes and i could do that for an entire year without getting bored.

I only made it to the second part of the map before dipping out.

And before Ghost of Tsushima, The Witcher 3 was my Game of the Gen so i obviously love that game to death.
I loved the first couple of hours of Ghost of Tsushima. But the narrative was not strong enough to keep my interest. I got to the second part of the island and decided to save the rest for PS5. I might re-visit after the next-gen patch. I hated the constant drops in frames and vaseline image quality. Plus my PS4 Pro was lauder than hair-dryer when playing.

On the other hand, I finished The Witcher 3 4 times (1 x PS4 Pro, 2 x Xbox One X and 1 x PC).

Different people like different things - shocking.

Vick

I loved the first couple of hours of Ghost of Tsushima. But the narrative was not strong enough to keep my interest. I got to the second part of the island and decided to save the rest for PS5. I might re-visit after the next-gen patch.
I had the opposite experience, it took some time to click but then i unlocked stuff, understood the combat, met some characters and after a while i was hooked. Absolutely in love with the game now.

I hated the constant drops in frames and vaseline image quality. Plus my PS4 Pro was lauder than hair-dryer when playing.
It's like we played different games, lol.
Also compared to RDR2 and God of War, my Pro was basically silent.

I had the opposite experience, it took some time to click but then i unlocked stuff, understood the combat, met some characters and after a while i was hooked. Absolutely in love with the game now.

It's like we played different games, lol.
Also compared to RDR2 and God of War, my Pro was basically silent.
Or maybe we have different expectations? I only use PlayStation to play Sony exclusive titles. Maybe that's why.

REDRZA MWS

Add me to the list that bought digital day 1, but after a few hours I decided I HAD to wait for PS5, to play this game as best as it can look and perform. I’m really hoping SP does this game justice with a PS5 patch.

Aion002

It is really pretty. But for good or worse this kind of thing doesn't affect me. If a game is pleasant to the eyes or not, if the gameplay or the story grabs me, after 10 minutes playing I simply stop paying attention to all those details (or the lack of those) and focus only in the things I enjoy (gameplay and/or story).

I finished TW3 at launch on the OG PS4 and never cared/noticed all the issues.... I finished Bloodborne without paying attention to all the frame pacing "game breaking" thingie for some...

DapperInnocentDuck-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Tschumi

Okay, you just made me clench. That really only happens when games truly get through to me, graphically. Well done, sir. How bout dem Playstations am i right boys?

Pimpbaa

The game looks amazing except for the last area. Pretty bland compared to other open world games with snowy areas and what the hell was with the constant thunderstorms there?

Top Bottom