• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut - Iki Island Trailer | PS5, PS4

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Japanese trailer

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...-journey-into-the-dark-secrets-of-iki-island/

t’s been quite a year for the team at Sucker Punch (and for everyone). Last July, we shipped Ghost of Tsushima while working from home. Since then, we’ve been overwhelmed with gratitude by the positive responses we received from players all over the world. One year later, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is set to be released on August 20. We can’t wait to share new stories of Jin Sakai with all of you!

Play Video
Ghost of Tsushima: journey into the dark secrets of Iki Island

As part of the Director’s Cut, you’ll be able to play a new story expansion featuring Jin, set on Iki Island with new locations to discover, characters to meet, tales to complete, and more.

Jin’s journey begins when he discovers that a mysterious Mongol tribe has gained a foothold on Iki. They are led by a revered shaman called Ankhsar Khatun, known to her followers as “the Eagle.” As both a khatun and a shaman, she is not only a conqueror of nations, but a shepherd of souls. And the danger she presents to Jin and his people is unlike any they have faced.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (Iki Island)
The only way to counter this threat is for Jin to return to Iki Island. He’s been there once before. And in confronting a new and dangerous enemy, he will be forced to face old fears, and unearth deeply buried traumas. As you explore a new island and battle new threats, you’ll also delve into the dark past of clan Sakai…

Our semi-fictional version of Iki Island provides a stark contrast to Tsushima. It is a wild, lawless land of raiders and criminals, scarred by memories of war, and fiercely independent; the samurai have not been in control there for decades. Skilled though he is, Jin can’t take on the Mongols alone. He will have to work with—or around—a coterie of unsavory characters to take the fight to the Eagle. The cost of failure is too high. If the Eagle and her tribe subdue Iki and muster the support of its people, Tsushima and the rest of Japan will be in grave danger.

The stories you find on Tsushima are filled with action and adventure. The same is true for Iki Island. In the fight to save Iki, Jin will encounter pirates and smugglers, mad monks and haunted caves. There will be new legends to hear, and new techniques to learn. Jin will have to bring all his skills to bear to defeat this new enemy.

We’ll also continue telling intimate, emotional, personal stories. Stories about real people struggling to let go of old hatreds and survive in a time of war. Stories about how it feels to be caught between preserving cherished beliefs and defending your home. What it means to be Lord Sakai… and what it means to be the Ghost.

With everything that has happened this past year, it’s no accident we also wanted to tell a story of healing… And we felt this would pose a unique and compelling challenge for Jin. We all suffer wounds, from the humblest farmer to the mightiest jito. Wounds from the past that we carry with us. And the thing about a wound is that you can’t fight it, or stealth your way around it. Ghost weapons and samurai techniques won’t help you. A wound can only be healed.

The Iki Island story expansion will be available as part of the Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut. You can pre-order now for $69.99 USD / €79.99 / £69.99 on PS5 and $59.99 USD / €69.99 / £59.99 on PS4, or if you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, you can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD / €19.99 / £15.99.

We are so thrilled that you will once again be able to experience our world through the eyes of Jin Sakai! It was a joy and a privilege to write for such a gifted cast… some you will recognize, and some will surprise you (and maybe both). There’s so much more to tell, which we’re excited to share leading up to our launch on August 20.

And when you join us on Iki Island, bear in mind the advice of a wise woman named Yuriko: “The strength we need is all around us.”

Looking around at my team and what we accomplished in this difficult year, I think she’s right. And I think Jin Sakai would agree.

Last edited:

Certinty

"You can pre-order now for $69.99 USD / €79.99 / £69.99 on PS5"

Honestly still can't get over this, £69.99 for a slight upgrade of a year old PS4 game with an expansion... In fact I got the PS4 game at launch for like £39.99 which makes this all the crazier.

Papacheeks

Banned
"You can pre-order now for $69.99 USD / €79.99 / £69.99 on PS5"

Honestly still can't get over this, £69.99 for a slight upgrade of a year old PS4 game with an expansion... In fact I got the PS4 game at launch for like £39.99 which makes this all the crazier.

You can buy the upgrade you know this right? The upgrade is $19.99 for PS4 and $29.99 for PS5.

I might wait, but not going to lie it looks dope.

nowhat

Looks good to me. I wonder if they're going to go with CB/some other form of reconstruction or native on PS5 (not that I really mind that much either way, performance is more essential).

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It looks more or less identical to the PS4 version running at 60FPS on the PS5? I was going to hold out playing my PS4 version, but i'll just wrap it up. Glad the trailer has come out for me to compare.

Will be great fun I am sure but i couldn't spot any real upgrades.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
That looks fucking awesome!!! Wish it was standalone so I wouldn't have to play the base game again but you have to do what you have to do. lol

Kupfer

F2PrtKC.jpg

This looks awesome , but I'm I'm still not a fan of having to pay 30€ for DLC, although I payed 67€ like a year ago for the game.
Or release it as standalone, like Uncharted Lost Legacy, which was great and not a full price title.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'm gonna wait to know how long it is before buying this one, not excited for the mongol grandma with the drugs and the whole again story, it reminds me of some cheesy far cry...

Outrunner

F2PrtKC.jpg

This looks awesome , but I'm I'm still not a fan of having to pay 30€ for DLC, although I payed 67€ like a year ago for the game.
Or release it as standalone, like Uncharted Lost Legacy, which was great and not a full price title.

But if they release it standalone for 30 euros then you are fine with it?

Anyone know if PS4 saves transfer to PS5?
yes

Last edited:

Kupfer

But if they release it standalone for 30 euros then you are fine with it?
I would rather think: "ok this is worth it, they have added so much content and made it into something so big that it's enough for a whole Ghost of Tsushima light".
Besides, as a fan of physical games, I would then have a coherent, additional game on my shelf, instead of digital content that I forget about after playing through and never touch again.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Already got the upgrade on PS5 .. I'm so ready

And there is an upgrade in texture and animation can't wait to see what they did with this expansion

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
Just started the PS4 version that came with the PS5 preorder and it’s really good. Thing I’m most excited for is the Japanese lip sync.

Hugare

Looks good, but I'll hold until knowing how long the DLC is, if its worth it and etc.

$20 bucks is pretty standard price for a meaty DLC. So I dont think that its unfair or anything, specially with the PS5 upgrades.

GymWolf

I have to rewatch this thing on 4k because at 1080p i didn't noticed any textures or animations enhancement...

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Wind Ps4 GIF by PlayStation

One of the few "manly" games on the market. Can't wait!

I'm really not seeing the upgrade people are claiming. This game looks nuts on my OLED already and basically the same as this trailer at 60FPS. I'm gonna skip it until I wrap up the main game.

Ground details were lacking in the PS4 version even on PS5 and overall image was a bit blurry. It's not a drastic upgrade but a very decent one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom