• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut comes to PS5 and PS4 on August 20!

Blond

Banned
I know..

If you own Ghost of Tsushima:
- $20 for Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (includes DLC), $10 extra for PS5 version upgrade

If you do not own Ghost of Tsushima:
- $60 for Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (includes DLC), $10 extra for PS5 version upgrade

What's the problem?
That we’re paying for joke upgrades?

kyliethicc

Who is? Don't spend the $10 if you don't want to. Its fucking optional.

tony soprano marone GIF by dan

GymWolf

I think this includes texture upgrade. We'll see.
If texture upgrade was something real sony would scream that from the highest roof dude.

Only a moron would list controller gimmicks and jap lip sync instead of improved texture as a selling point for a payed upgrade, especially in tsushima where a lot of textures were pretty mediocre.

If there is a noticeable texture upgrade i'm gonna change my name in pussy of tsushima for a month...

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The multiplayer was free in the last game and from what we understand about the troubled development was removed at the last minute to focus on shipping the game out

now people are suddenly happy to pay for something that was free????
I admit I haven't followed the development of Factions and I was under the impression that it would always launch later and it would make sense to turn it into a separate entity. But yeah, I still think you can't complain about not getting enough content for your money as TLoU2 is much bigger and longer than the first game.

nbkicker

Apparently more director's cut releases will follow:

Theres bound to be, like all the other companys i dont think sonys got out big to release this year, so director cuts etc with minor ps5 upgrades at a price is a easy todo to get cash back in for sony

nbkicker

If texture upgrade was something real sony would scream that from the highest roof dude.

Only a moron would list controller gimmicks and jap lip sync instead of improved texture as a selling point for a payed upgrade, especially in tsushima where a lot of textures were pretty mediocre.

If there is a noticeable texture upgrade i'm gonna change my name in pussy of tsushima for a month...
Totally agree it would have been the first thing on the list texture upgrade, rt reflectrions etc, but it wasnt, if this had been like the Spiderman upgrade then would have been tempted but will wait for the df comparison that will come out before seeing if i upgrade, as 3d audio , jap lipsync and dualsense support is pointless upgrade and more like free upgrades

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Except it’s 30 and 70 dollars. I’m not gonna lie, yeah I’ve enjoyed Sony’s output but this is the one upgrade that’s REALLY sticking out to me compared to everything so far.

Why?

Between 70 dollar games (which I accepted, I could tell this was coming years before they announced it.) and their unbelievable shitty upgrade policies and for next gen upgrades costing money that Microsoft and other companies are giving away On Xbox but not on PlayStation without charging I'm not really a fan of these moves they're making the past few weeks.

On one hand, yes I get work went into the upgrade but it’s barely better than what was a free patch on PS5. They’ve announced no upgraded textures, no increase in Draw Distance, no 120 option when you could’ve already had 60 on the PS4 patch, nothing so far says “yes, go ahead and pay for the barely upgraded PS4 60 FPS patch.” Sure, it’s nice of them to rerender cutscenes and do the lip syncing but it’s kind of ridiculous to have this upgrade cost a full 70 dollars for new players or 30 dollar upgrade for PS5 players when it’s at best 10-15 dollars.

Metro just released a patch that doubled the frame rate, introduced ray tracing to the point the PC version needs a Ray tracing GPU just to even launch, high resolution textures... and it only cost me whatever I payed for it be it 10 or 60 dollars.

Retail this should be a budget rerelease at 40 max on PS5 to accommodate the new work, pressing the disc and shipping to your local retail place or to your door but even for double dipping this is greed and they know it. The 70 dollar standard isn’t applied equally, I accepted it for the Demon’s Souls remake because top to bottom it was rebuilt to be played on PS5, but this an already completed game that received less work than a PS3 remake being sold at the same price.

Just saying, realize that if you bought 5 of the exclusive’s so far you just paid for 2 years of Gamepass.... which even if I don’t like or agree with the model the fact of the matter is this Ghost Upgrade situation REALLY just pointed out the value in it regardless if my fellow Sony Pony’s want to admit it or not.
Another garbage post where you don't even MENTION the $20 DLC that is included making the update only $10. And then the usual GP shilling 'I just realized that GP is amazing' fucking lol just say it was your only reason of posting here and be done. Bye.

Blond

Banned
Another garbage post where you don't even MENTION the $20 DLC that is included making the update only $10. And then the usual GP shilling 'I just realized that GP is amazing' fucking lol just say it was your only reason of posting here and be done. Bye.
Wow it’s like someone didn’t check my post history AT ALL where I’ve shit all over Gamepass. The fact of the matter is the dlc is the only thing worth paying for, the upgrades should’ve been free or a budget release.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
You can now preorder the director's cut on PS5 and it says you get the regular PS4 digital version right away. Anyone tried it yet?

I'm going to do that because I had GOT physical and I would rather have the digital copy to play now.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The fact of the matter is the dlc is the only thing worth paying for, the upgrades should’ve been free or a budget release.

Why?

At what point did people become entitled to endless free upgrades? Sure, it'd be nice if it was free, but there can be no reasonable expectation of that especially on a game thats already had a bunch of post-release additions and improvements.

I mean, if the game was broken or incomplete and they were charging for fixes then there'd be a justification for complaint. But there isn't and there is none.

Sorry but attitudes like yours basically make the case for doing the absolute minimum and simply moving on, hit-and-run style, to the next project. As you don't think the effort is worth paying for, why should they bother? They've already delivered a hit game, and people seem happy with it, so why not just let it be, as-is?

Blond

Banned
Why?

At what point did people become entitled to endless free upgrades? Sure, it'd be nice if it was free, but there can be no reasonable expectation of that especially on a game thats already had a bunch of post-release additions and improvements.

I mean, if the game was broken or incomplete and they were charging for fixes then there'd be a justification for complaint. But there isn't and there is none.

Sorry but attitudes like yours basically make the case for doing the absolute minimum and simply moving on, hit-and-run style, to the next project. As you don't think the effort is worth paying for, why should they bother? They've already delivered a hit game, and people seem happy with it, so why not just let it be, as-is?
Metro Exodus is a larger upgrade than this and was free and it only cost me 15 bucks for the complete edition lol.

Metro Exodus is a larger upgrade than this and was free and it only cost me 15 bucks for the complete edition lol.
Then go play that. In fact there are thousands of games right now that are 100% free that you can play. Why do you care?

it is insane for a game's upgrades to be simultaneously so minor as to not be worth money, and yet so major that you are demanding it be free so you can play it. If the changes are so unimportant then just don't buy it. If you want to have the upgrades then pay for it. You can't argue both ways.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

And? Just because one product offers a certain deal you shouldn't expect it to be standard for all games.

I mean, is Metro Exodus a bad deal because it didn't get a free multi-player addon shortly after launch?

metro update is absolutely amazing and sort of came out of nowhere and some have mentioned some other great free updates to third party titles

It does look pretty embarrassing when you are charging your own userbase for upgrades when other 3rd parties spend the time and deliver something like the metro upgrade for free

Phil spencer does have a point as much as it triggers some people in here

metro update is absolutely amazing and sort of came out of nowhere and some have mentioned some other great free updates to third party titles

It does look pretty embarrassing when you are charging your own userbase for upgrades when other 3rd parties spend the time and deliver something like the metro upgrade for free

Phil spencer does have a point as much as it triggers some people in here
If you don't charge your own userbase for upgrades, then who DO you charge?
Companies get money from their users, that is the point of users.
If anything, I am more suspicius of anything offered for free these days. Nothing is truly FREE. They want something from you, either pay now or pay later.

Personally i rather pay than to suffer from free things with caveat attached.

EDMIX

And? Just because one product offers a certain deal you shouldn't expect it to be standard for all games.

I mean, is Metro Exodus a bad deal because it didn't get a free multi-player addon shortly after launch?

Agreed. I mean shit, Metro also isn't a free to play game, using that logic they shouldn't even be playing that.

EA is out here with Apex all for free....

The game got a free MP mode last year, the game literally got a PS5 patch for free earlier this year..... folks where ok with it.

Suddenly its bad cause a remaster is coming? oh NOW its bad and NOW its anti-consumer, but when all the other free shit was being given no issue, but as soon as a remaster is made NOW it should be free on TOP of all the other shit that was already given?

Nah.

Sounds like entitled BS to me. If someone JUST wants to pay nothing and get a update for free, they literally already got that this year, might as well fucking argue for the sequel to be free too cause a free to play exist lol

This doesn't sound like a legit real problem, it sounds like people crying over shit for the sake of crying.

If you don't charge your own userbase for upgrades, then who DO you charge?
Companies get money from their users, that is the point of users.
If anything, I am more suspicius of anything offered for free these days. Nothing is truly FREE. They want something from you, either pay now or pay later.

Personally i rather pay than to suffer from free things with caveat attached.
You don’t need to charge anything….it should be a reward for people who supported the game on release and people new to the game can buy the $70 Sony tax edition

third parties have grasped this concept…seems rather stupid that Sony still hold out their hand for more money considering their userbase is pretty set

Last edited:
The game has already been patched to play at 60fps in the high res mode, you don't need to spend a dime on things you think are jokes, the PS5 already improves the base game for you. If you don't want the lip synching or the haptics etc you don't have to get them.

Last edited:

EDMIX

You don’t need to charge anything….it should be a reward for people who supported the game on release and people new to the game can buy the $70 Sony tax edition

third parties have grasped this concept…seems rather stupid that Sony still hold out their hand for more money considering their userbase is pretty set

Reward? It wasn't a gift and it wasn't charity.... They made a game, you bought it, thats it.

Folks out here really making it sound as if its now not enough to just fucking buy a game based on what its being marketed for, its now a case for "they owe us" as if out of the kindness of your heart you reluctantly, against your better judgement bought the game.

The fuck is wrong with the gaming community?

Even if you argue "it should be a reward" , one could argue that "reward" was free multiplayer mode and free PS5 update that already happened this year. When they announce Ghost Of Tsushima 2, you going to fucking tell me the reward for supporting 1, is now getting 2 for free or?

So they put in the world for that expansion and extra features, you are free not to buy it, skip it etc and they are free to charge for what they put in. Seems fucking stupid to not understand basic business here. No one is forcing anyone to do anything and Sony isn't simply just asking for more money for zero work done or something. They are correct to still actually operate as a business. 3rd parties still fucking charge for updates too though, that isn't a 100% always free thing. Several publishers have no issue letting you know their extra work won't be free.

Why the fuck should it?

Soooooo just cause SOME publishers have no issue making stuff free to get more users, doesn't mean all publishers will or should do the same etc. That is a case by case thing. Nothing to do with "grasping" any concept bud. IF someone wants to make a free to play like Apex, they are free to.

If someone wants that money up front, they are free to do that too.

I don't even get why gamers force this idea like it MUST be this 1 way as if all publishers are the same or something.

Last edited:
Reward? It wasn't a gift and it wasn't charity.... They made a game, you bought it, thats it.

Folks out here really making it sound as if its now not enough to just fucking buy a game based on what its being marketed for, its now a case for "they owe us" as if out of the kindness of your heart you reluctantly, against your better judgement bought the game.

The fuck is wrong with the gaming community?

Even if you argue "it should be a reward" , one could argue that "reward" was free multiplayer mode and free PS5 update that already happened this year. When they announce Ghost Of Tsushima 2, you going to fucking tell me the reward for supporting 1, is now getting 2 for free or?

So they put in the world for that expansion and extra features, you are free not to buy it, skip it etc and they are free to charge for what they put in. Seems fucking stupid to not understand basic business here. No one is forcing anyone to do anything and Sony isn't simply just asking for more money for zero work done or something. They are correct to still actually operate as a business. 3rd parties still fucking charge for updates too though, that isn't a 100% always free thing. Several publishers have no issue letting you know their extra work won't be free.

Why the fuck should it?

Soooooo just cause SOME publishers have no issue making stuff free to get more users, doesn't mean all publishers will or should do the same etc. That is a case by case thing. Nothing to do with "grasping" any concept bud. IF someone wants to make a free to play like Apex, they are free to.

If someone wants that money up front, they are free to do that too.

I don't even get why gamers force this idea like it MUST be this 1 way as if all publishers are the same or something.
You are entitled to your opinion and it’s obvious you are happy to keep paying for trickle updates
where as most third parties have offered these sorts of updates for free.

EDMIX

You are entitled to your opinion and it’s obvious you are happy to keep paying for trickle updates
where as most third parties have offered these sorts of updates for free.

I'm not buying this at all bud...

What I'm saying isn't based on if I want this or not, its simply that someone does, the developer put work in it and you are free to go else where, they are free to charge.

I don't see anything in this that is wrong, or unethical or anything like that.

Sony is one of those publishers that literally has free fucking updates....

But hey, we are going to keep pretending no updates happened for free or? You have another goal post to move don't you? Now its not about free updates, now its about all things free regardless after the purchase lol =)

You don't fucking care about free updates bud, you simply don't want to pay for anything as to why you ignored the free updates they already gave out only to cry over a remaster no one is forcing you to buy. This has nothing to do with free updates, you just want nothing charged for, cause why else would you literally fucking ignore the very free updates that Sony already gave out?

Other 3rd parties having free shit doesn't mean ALL PUBLISHERS must do the same. Its like arguing that Free to play is better cause you pay nothing and how anti consumer of Sony to be out here expecting money for games that studios worked on, the horror /s

Whats so fucking sad about this shit, is Sony is not only giving a free fucking update, they already have BC, yet people are still crying over remasters?

Soooooooooo this was never about BC huh? This was never about free updates huh? Notice how all that shit gets ignored when a remaster is coming, even when the very 2 things people kept bitching about now exist on PS5, yet here we are with people crying over a remaster they don't need to buy and a update given for free is now suddenly not enough.

I told people this years ago, this isn't about BC or free updates, its about entitled people that can only see the glass half empty and will literally cry about ANYHING that cost ANYTHING. I remember people even literally saying "I'd be ok with it if they had BC and all", PS4 didn't have BC, PS5 has BC and yet the same shit is being cried about.

Very funny and first world =)

You can keep your original copy and play it on PS5.

You can get the free update to give it fancy features on PS5.

You can buy the remaster and even upgrade at a discounted price.

I swear to god, I see no fucking reason to really be crying over this shit when several options are now given that have literally debunked that BS claim regarding BC and remasters. Keep your game and just use the free update if you don't want the DLC and other features.

You don't care about a PS5 update bud, you care about paying nothing to get all the shit the studio worked on as if they didn't spend time working on content.

Last edited:
I'm not buying this at all bud...

What I'm saying isn't based on if I want this or not, its simply that someone does, the developer put work in it and you are free to go else where, they are free to charge.

I don't see anything in this that is wrong, or unethical or anything like that.

Sony is one of those publishers that literally has free fucking updates....

But hey, we are going to keep pretending no updates happened for free or? You have another goal post to move don't you? Now its not about free updates, now its about all things free regardless after the purchase lol =)

You don't fucking care about free updates bud, you simply don't want to pay for anything as to why you ignored the free updates they already gave out only to cry over a remaster no one is forcing you to buy. This has nothing to do with free updates, you just want nothing charged for, cause why else would you literally fucking ignore the very free updates that Sony already gave out?

Other 3rd parties having free shit doesn't mean ALL PUBLISHERS must do the same. Its like arguing that Free to play is better cause you pay nothing and how anti consumer of Sony to be out here expecting money for games that studios worked on, the horror /s
Never said anything about the free patches…they were great…I’m talking about a first party charging their own users for updates for a game they already purchased …..if they don’t own the game already then charge away but it’s a shit way to reward your userbase…..a third party I would understand but a majority don’t…Xbox doesn’t…not sure about Nintendo

EDMIX

Never said anything about the free patches…they were great…I’m talking about a first party charging their own users for updates for a game they already purchased …..if they don’t own the game already then charge away but it’s a shit way to reward your userbase…..a third party I would understand but a majority don’t…Xbox doesn’t…not sure about Nintendo

They already got updates for free, so the reward is the team should never get paid for any of the extras they do?

Where is the reward for their work in creating extra content? smh.

The user wants the game, they part with their money, that's it. I see no reason to force this idea that a "reward" is needed as if NOTHING was received when they parted with their money. Like I said before, the free MP mode and the free update could literally be argued as a "reward" that you are even talking about, to goal post this shit into the remaster, you might as well fucking argue the sequel should be free as the reward, Ghost 3 should be free too, I mean you helped them out of the kindness of your heart and they expect to be paid with money to feed themselves? Nah, get me Ghost Of Tsushima 2, Ghost Of Kyoto and Ghost Of Tokyo all for free for buying 1 game 20 years ago lol /s

You got a free MP mode and a free update for PS5, but now that the remaster was announced, suddenly that isn't enough?

Sounds like a glass half empty entitled Karen argument to me man..

A 3rd party would understand? lol Nah bud. Publishers all behave differently on this regardless of first or 3rd party. Sony has been doing cross buy for literally generations, MS started with this gen, Nintendo.........well Nintendo not no bitch and they will ask for that money upfront on all ports regardless lol Either way, publishers don't have some 1 size fits all regarding this. So to say " a third party would understand" is silly.

ANOTHER COMPANY could understand? Sure, but 3rd party IN GENERAL? I'ma need you to pull back a bit on that hyperbole man.

But hey, a 3rd party really understands right?

Last edited:
They already got updates for free, so the reward is the team should never get paid for any of the extras they do?

Where is the reward for their work in creating extra content? smh.

The user wants the game, they part with their money, that's it. I see no reason to force this idea that a "reward" is needed as if NOTHING was received when they parted with their money. Like I said before, the free MP mode and the free update could literally be argued as a "reward" that you are even talking about, to goal post this shit into the remaster, you might as well fucking argue the sequel should be free as the reward, Ghost 3 should be free too, I mean you helped them out of the kindness of your heart and they expect to be paid with money to feed themselves? Nah, get me Ghost Of Tsushima 2, Ghost Of Kyoto and Ghost Of Tokyo all for free for buying 1 game 20 years ago lol /s

You got a free MP mode and a free update for PS5, but now that the remaster was announced, suddenly that isn't enough?

Sounds like a glass half empty entitled Karen argument to me man..

A 3rd party would understand? lol Nah bud. Publishers all behave differently on this regardless of first or 3rd party. Sony has been doing cross buy for literally generations, MS started with this gen, Nintendo.........well Nintendo not no bitch and they will ask for that money upfront on all ports regardless lol Either way, publishers don't have some 1 size fits all regarding this. So to say " a third party would understand" is silly.

ANOTHER COMPANY could understand? Sure, but 3rd party IN GENERAL? I'ma need you to pull back a bit on that hyperbole man.

But hey, a 3rd party really understands right?
EA…lol would not expect anything less….but its a third party and one of the worst companies for extracting your money for pointless shit

The other big third party example would be final fantasy remake where they not only charged to upgrade the game..they blocked the free upgrade for everyone that’s downloaded the psplus version so you had to either purchase the original game or the $70 edition….was that a sony or square decision?

And just today they announced the death stranding directors cut upgrade....for $10 for users that already bought the game (not $29 like Ghosts) and the full game on ps5 is only $60
TXsWl3c.jpg

These are limited examples but the above only highlights how worse the sony pricing structure is and how they are going to do nothing but keep releasing "Directors cuts" and charging their own userbase for the pleasure at premium
when most third parties or their competitors offer updates for free or at a reduced amount compared to sony first party games

EDMIX

how they are going to do nothing but keep releasing "Directors cuts"

Oh yes, because they didn't give a free update and they don't have BC right? /s

If only Death Stranding could be played thru BC and EVIL SONY wouldn't be able to do this, oh wait!

After all this crying, this shit is like $10 for the dlc if you already own Death Stranding, you literally are paying $10 for a shit load of new content.

STOP FUCKING CRYING FOR FREE SHIT, GET A FUCKING JOB!

^ ZOMGBBQ how dare a developer want to get paid for extra content from the work they put in, a honest developer would not want to get paid so I could get it for free /s

when most third parties or their competitors offer updates for free

Like this or?

Doesn't fit your fucking narrative does it?

Its a patch for PS5, for free, a update.....for free.

Yet they are doing "nothing but" directors cuts huh? lol ok pal.

Sure.

Sounds like a free fucking update and BC isn't enough for you, this has nothing to do with that, it has to do with you wanting all that they make to be free and you pay nothing for work rendered. So you'll cry about a free update, when the update comes its great, but when a directors cut comes, suddenly its not enough lol

Sounds like entitled karen shit to me man, you just sound like you will cry to get all things for free ignoring the fucking game is supported thru BC and has a free PS5 update already.

But, goal post away bud, its so bad when developer get paid I guess. =)

So at this point you are in tears for options bud.

You can keep the original and play it on PS5. You can pay $10 to get the DLC if you already own Death Stranding, but that would be the case for MOST post launch content as this isn't a fucking charity, its a business, they WORK, to get paid. Next thing you know you'll be telling me about some free to play shit and how those developers from China with free to play games are the real saints or something.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Just saw the upgrade path for this, I didnt like it enough (havent finished it yet) to spend $90 on it, but hope the expansion is good and fun for all who do.

Oh yes, because they didn't give a free update and they don't have BC right? /s

If only Death Stranding could be played thru BC and EVIL SONY wouldn't be able to do this, oh wait!

After all this crying, this shit is like $10 for the dlc if you already own Death Stranding, you literally are paying $10 for a shit load of new content.

STOP FUCKING CRYING FOR FREE SHIT, GET A FUCKING JOB!

^ ZOMGBBQ how dare a developer want to get paid for extra content from the work they put in, a honest developer would not want to get paid so I could get it for free /s

Like this or?

Doesn't fit your fucking narrative does it?

Its a patch for PS5, for free, a update.....for free.

Yet they are doing "nothing but" directors cuts huh? lol ok pal.

Sure.

Sounds like a free fucking update and BC isn't enough for you, this has nothing to do with that, it has to do with you wanting all that they make to be free and you pay nothing for work rendered. So you'll cry about a free update, when the update comes its great, but when a directors cut comes, suddenly its not enough lol

Sounds like entitled karen shit to me man, you just sound like you will cry to get all things for free ignoring the fucking game is supported thru BC and has a free PS5 update already.

But, goal post away bud, its so bad when developer get paid I guess. =)

So at this point you are in tears for options bud.

You can keep the original and play it on PS5. You can pay $10 to get the DLC if you already own Death Stranding, but that would be the case for MOST post launch content as this isn't a fucking charity, its a business, they WORK, to get paid. Next thing you know you'll be telling me about some free to play shit and how those developers from China with free to play games are the real saints or something.

I have this mental picture of you grunting at the keyboard when typing that as that’s a whole lotta anger to defend something which is taking a shit on their own userbase

I have no issues in paying for content and my ps5 library is actually getting quite large but unlike you i am not programmed to accept stupid money grabs by Sony which are simply to extract money from you when others actually treat their userbase much better.
4pvozDe.jpg

You can enjoy paying for these trickle updates as it’s pretty clear you love giving Sony free money and defending them for it.

Edit...its clearly a difference of opinion but everyone is entitled to that :)

Last edited:

EDMIX

Keep crying bud.

You can play it thru BC for free

You have many free patches and updates for PS5 for free.

something which is taking a shit on their own userbase
I don't see charging for work done on a fucking optional directors cut as "taking a shit on" etc.
Sounds like entitled whining shit.
I have no issues in paying for content
Nah, I'd say you have a major issue paying for content when you are literally begging for free DLC and being mad hurt that they are charging for the work of developers.

Get a job.

They have no ode to work for free. Go play free to play games if you hate paying developers.
you love giving Sony free money and defending them for it.

I'm not buying this game...

I'm not even buying the Death Stranding Directors Cut.

Those that do want to pay the money for the fucking NEW CONTENT CREATED BY DEVELOPERS are free to do that, that isn't fucking free money, that is developers working to make extra content that you are now begging to be for free as if paying for work done is now an evil concept. You seem to be on this "Free free free" as if no one fucking works for a living.

So I'm defending that developers have all the right to charge for NEW CONTENT, you have the right to not buy it, pay for it etc.

You are not owed every fucking thing at the studio or company, or publisher, developer etc So I have no clue where you are getting "Free money" as if zero work was done and I'm just buying the same game twice or something lol

Stop fucking crying over it, get a job and move on, no one needs to work for free cause Apex by EA exist or something.

Go play free to plays like Apex if thats what you want man.

BC is free, you can play the fucking game like that.
The patches and updates are free, you can again continue to play the game like that.

To then really start crying over DLC as if zero work was done is a bit much when you literally have several free options if you bought the game. Its why you keep fucking trying to ignore that one fact. So no buddy, you don't NEED ALL THE DLC and you don't NEED all the new extra content, all that is after the fact and still cost time and money to create to now expect all things for free going forward as if zero work is done to make those things exist. You going to start fucking begging for sequels for free too?

THEY ALREADY HAVE FREE FUCKING UPDATES!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-god-of-war-ps5-60fps-patch-analysis

^^^^

Let me guess? More ignoring that and more goal post moving to force a narrative?

They added free modes last year to Ghost like MP and different difficulty modes, added a free PS5 patch and now you are really expecting them to continue to not get paid cause they made an expansion? lol

Several free updates and modes, but now that they charge for an expansion and its "ohhhh the horror, how greedy can they be omfg wahahahhahah" lol

Last edited:
it's also fucking stupid.
If it is so stupid, then clearly it isnt important enough for you to need it. Then just don't pay. Go without.

The extra content is either worth your money or not. But either way you don't get to decide it needs to be free.

As consumers, the only bargaining power we have is with our wallets. You wanting free gifts do not move the needle. Your influence on game developers is proportional to how much you pay. If you no longer wish to pay, you also no longer get to make demands.

Last edited:
If it is so stupid, then clearly it isnt important enough for you to need it. Then just don't pay. Go without.

The extra content is either worth your money or not. But either way you don't get to decide it needs to be free.

As consumers, the only bargaining power we have is with our wallets. You wanting free gifts do not move the needle. Your influence on game developers is proportional to how much you pay. If you no longer wish to pay, you also no longer get to make demands.
Sure we have our wallets, but we also have opinions. Sony does this while the competition gives away free upgrades of the same type all the time...

EDMIX

Sony does this while the competition gives away free upgrades

Those updates are not free? ^^^ =) Let me guess, you don't want to talk about that cause it doesn't fit the narrative huh?

Sooooo my biggest issue with this is folks spent the whole fucking generation arguing about BC, on how they'd be ok with remasters if Sony JUST had BC and they had an option to just play their original copy.

Now they do...

They even get free MP modes, they even get FREE FUCKING UPGRADES THRU UPDATES

Yet...oh now remasters are still bad? This isn't about you wanting to play a game you own, you can fucking do that thru BC, this isn't about you playing with updates for PS5, that was also for free.... this is about you wanting all things free regardless thru the life of the game and all work done on the game to be for fucking free. The shit people kept saying last gen regarding remasters proves that the issue wasn't really "oh we need BC" or "oh if only we had a choice" etc. You now have a choice, you can keep your original and play thru BC and even get a fucking patch for free for the PS5, this is about consumer greed bud, its about entitled gamers who will argue the glass is half empty regardless of what is actually done.

How many of those free upgrades the competition did that gave away entire expansions for fucking free during the reveal of said expansions? So sir, you don't NEED to have all the DLC, you can literally just play your original copy and even have a patch to support PS5 features, all for free. I'd say that is pretty fucking fair and maybe consumers are going a bit overboard on this "Free free free" whining fest as they ignore all the free updates, patches and entire modes given away by some of these developers.

You are basically arguing for them to only give free and NEVER get paid for extra content.

Free difficulties features, free MP mode, free update and 1 paid expansion and suddenly this idea is greedy on the company and not the consumer that just ignored all the free shit already given? The fuck? Makes little sense to me and reeks of entitled Karen Syndrome lol

Last edited:
Sure we have our wallets, but we also have opinions. Sony does this while the competition gives away free upgrades of the same type all the time...
Then go and play the competition's games.

If you already do, then good for you and why do you have time to as to play Sony games?
If you haven't already, then why? Maybe because Sony IPs interests you and the competition does NOT, in fact, have the same appeal?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

Markio128

People complaining about a $10 upgrade, get some perspective - today I paid my window cleaner £10 for making my windows a bit easier to see through and it took him 5 minutes. The cheeky beggar should do it for free.

Top Bottom