• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Of Tsushima Director's Cut comes to PS5 and PS4 on August 20!

Fake

Explore the brand new Iki Island, plus PS5-specific enhancements like DualSense controller haptic feedback, Japanese lip sync, and more.
We’re happy to announce that on August 20, we’ll be releasing Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on both PS5 and PS4 consoles. This new edition comes packed not only with the original game and every piece of additional content we’ve released to date, but a brand-new adventure for Jin alongside a bunch of new features that we’re excited to reveal.
If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, you’ll be able to transfer your save to PS5 to pick up where you left off. For new players, the new Iki Island content will be available beginning in Act 2 of Ghost of Tsushima, after you’ve made your way to the Toyotama region.

Iki Island​

If you’re a history buff, you may know that in addition to Tsushima, the neighboring island of Iki was also invaded during this time period. Today we’re excited to reveal that a whole new chapter in Jin’s journey is coming and will take place on Iki. In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.
We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.
We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS.

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will launch on August 20 for $69.99 USD on PS5 and $59.99 USD on PS4.
- If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:
You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.
- Starting on August 20:
If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD
You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Animated GIF

I've been considering picking this up again since I got a PS5 due to the 60fps update, but I think I'll wait for the Directors Cut instead seen as they aiming for 4K/60 & there's the added content

EDIT: Am I reading it right at the bottom that you can upgrade from the standard PS4 version to PS5 Directors Cut for $29.99? Seems decent if it works with physical

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
20 for the ps4 to ps5 seems fair
For dlc and dual sense support

30 is just dirty..
Go f yourself 🤣

base game already runs 60 on ps5
Not going to pay 30 for an island and dualsense support 👋

wait are they pretending the game now runs 4k 60 on ps5?

THE FUCK? xd

Last edited:

skit_data

Well, I hope they have a good upgrade path for those who own the original because this starts to smell of a worse deal than The Last of Us Remastered was.

Edit: So there is an upgrade path for $20. Sweet! This generation is so much better than the last.

Last edited:

Crocwrangler

Neo Member
Looks nice, just like the original game.

A cool feature would be have been to keep true to the devs original view on the northern island and have wolves there, instead of mongol guard dogs in the mountains. Since they mentionned those in interviews, i'm pretty sure they were short on time to reskin those dogs. One can hope!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Well, I hope they have a good upgrade path for those who own the original because this starts to smell of a worse deal than The Last of Us Remastered was.
You can't be this ignorant. Last of Us Remastered had a lot more work done on it. Months of studio and extra work went into it.

For this is it seems like Sony is charging $10 to pay for the PS5 features.

kidnaper

Neo Member
Not psyched that it’s $30 DLC from the PS4 version to PS5… but also psyched it’s not $70 for me to jump back in 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wooxsvan

sweet, will purchase. But on another note, whats up with Sony's rumored summer event. weird to not just save this for part of the reveal....

skit_data

You can't be this ignorant. Last of Us Remastered had a lot more work done on it. Months of studio and extra work went into it.

For this is it seems like Sony is charging $10 to pay for the PS5 features.
It sure was a lot of work to port it from the CELL, but it wasn’t that good of a deal if you owned the original.

This is a very good solution.

Edit: I own both the PS3 and the PS4 version of TLoU. I love the game and TLoU2 but full price for what pretty much was only a 60fps patch and Expansions wasn’t enough of a convincing offer at launch. I bought it when it went on sale, like any sane person would do if they bought the PS3 version at launch.

Last edited:

Vognerful

first of all, what is defined as a Director's cut? I mean, shouldn't they call it complete edition or game of the year edition?

and based on description, this sounds like you are paying a 10 usd for an expansion.

Edit:

wait, it is actually 30 usd? we are back to "upgrade from ps3 to ps4" days.

Last edited:

reksveks

Is this worse than the ff7r upgrade plan? It feels like it but it would depend on the expansion size.

Last edited:

Thief1987

first of all, what is defined as a Director's cut? I mean, shouldn't they call it complete edition or game of the year edition?

and based on description, this sounds like you are paying a 10 usd for an expansion.
20 for expansion, 10 for upgrade from ps4 version to ps5.

Is this worse than the ff7r upgrade plan? It feels like it
Yes, ff7 has free upgrade from ps4 to ps5 + 20$ dlc, for GoT they ask 10$ for upgrade.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
sweet, will purchase. But on another note, whats up with Sony's rumored summer event. weird to not just save this for part of the reveal....

Because they might want to make the big announcements there? I do understand that they want to announce this kind of announcement then separate from the event.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So if I own physical PS4 version and I'm 10 hours in on my first playthrough and would rather wait to continue playing when this version drops what's my best course of action?
You got a PS5? If so, wait for that. If not, just play it on PS4 and wait for the expansion.

NahaNago

Nice. I skipped the game on PS4, told myself I was gonna wait until I got a PS5 to play any more exclusives for fear that I wouldn't be playing the best version, so this'll be new to me..........

.......just as soon as I can find a PS5.

Any day now.
Christmas Eve Waiting GIF
That is pretty much the reason why I skipped it as well. Hopefully I can get a ps5 before the holidays.

Top Bottom