• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA Devs to be made Permanent Ambassadors of the Real Island

Bartski

Gold Member
This is so cool

The department of tourism, commerce, and industry of the city of Tsushima in Japan sent a press release announcing a collaboration with Sony’s Ghost of Tsushima.
The collaboration is based on an official website titled Ghost of Real Tsushima both in Japanese and in English dedicated to promoting the real island in relation to the game.
It includes plenty of imagery that will let fans feel the atmosphere of the game through real pictures of Tsushima.

bender

What time is it?
ConstantHardIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Ghost of Tsushima is an experience like few others. This game is an instant classic.

I remember when it was first announced and I was ''a samurai game made by Sucker Punch? That's gonna bomb so hard...''

I bought this game just out of curiosity but OH BOY I'M GLAD I DID!

That's actually really cool & heartwarming. Congratulations to everyone at Sucker Punch. While playing the game it seemed pretty obvious that they had a deep respect for the setting & it's unique culture.

Personally I felt that the game's story was a let-down in the end. It never really went anywhere or did anything interesting, in my opinion. The combat was incredible though. One of my favourite combat systems of all time, if I'm honest. Every upgrade felt great, all the tools were useful, the swordplay was just sublime. Had a great time with it. Absolutely gorgeous, lush visual design as well.

But anyway, good on them for these awards. It's very cool & well deserved.

CharlieTuna

Damn, these clueless Japanese clearly need some education on cultural appropriation and orientalism, they should read more Era and Vice/Waypoint/Whatever the fuck its named.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It got a PS5 patch to run in 4k/60fps, it should be fine enough as is.
Yup, they would need to do a quite extensive remake like Demon Souls in terms of effort or at least Spider-man remastered++ as the game in 4K@60 FPS looks insanely good.

But how can this have happened? People were offended on behalf of them for the blatant abuse of cultural appropriation. Don't the Japanese people have any respect for the Japanese people?

giphy.gif

Gamerguy84

Big honor for those guys. Love how these studios elevate each other. SP has come a long way.

I remember the perfect scores from Japan and some developers saying that SP created the game they should have created.

Josemayuste

Deserved, the game definitely was very well crafted and respectful with Japanese culture and taste, it genuinely felt like playing a game from a Japanese developer, that's its main achievement in my opinion, oh, and artistically impressive also.

This will be remembered as one of past-gen gaming highlights right here:

Top Bottom