• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima continues to chart ahead of TLOU II (indicates longer legs v front loaded sales)

People keep saying that but TLOU2 increasing sales over GoT.

Seems like GoT seems more in slow months while TLOU2 sells more when matter (Eg. November) that makes TLOU2 having more overall sales.
People also only focus on one region. We saw TLOU2 was in the charts in EU while Ghost was missing entirely. Some people like to act like the US is the only country that exists. This thread is also dumb because Ghost being higher in this latest NPD doesn't mean it sold more copies. NPD is sorted by revenue, not sales. GoT is $60 most places while TLOU2 is $30. So TLOU2 would need to sell 2 copies for every one Ghost sold to match it. TLOU2 could still be selling more but that wouldn't show up in revenue charts. Common sense stuff that these idiots here lack the brain power to understand.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Single player covers a whole lot of stuff. Saints Row and Death Stranding are both single player games but are very different. It might sell better if they played it safe but it would have been a worse game. People are so used to comic book stories where there is a defined hero and villain that they don't know what to make of something that has shades of grey for almost everybody in the game.
I will agree that many people like "safe" stories even if the source material is quite serious. Imagine if someone made a John Wick movie, brutally killed him off in the first half hour and then focused on redeeming the villain who killed him. The movie would flop hard, because that's not what people expect, especially if they weren't told about the twist in the trailers or (even worse) if the trailers were intentionally misleading.

Also, I don't have anything against experimenting with different ideas. I enjoyed Death Stranding and its storyline and I wasn't thinking about dropping the game before finishing the main storyline. I had these thoughts many times while playing TLoU2, the idea might be bold but I'm not interested in spending 10 hours with a character I hate with a chance that I might potentially warm up to them and understand and accept their motivations.

Last edited:
If you want to do such comparision then get launch alligned data. You can't take two titles that launched few months from one another and compare legs like that.

Boss Mog

Doesn't surprise me, most stores I visit are out of Ghost of Tsushima or have one or two copies left meanwhile they have tons of TLoU2.

Boss Mog

If you want to do such comparision then get launch alligned data. You can't take two titles that launched few months from one another and compare legs like that.
A few months from one another? Please stop the bullshit, they launched less than one month from each other.

Hell yeah! Go Sony! Kick Sony's ass! I guess!

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Dudes who obsess over this need a new hobby.

Jokerevo

Banned
Lmao so there were people at the end of Tlou, after Joel's hospital massacre thinking...what a happy ending..?

You reap what you sow!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
guld2n69gl551.jpg

Hmmm yeah I wonder why
man I am not a big fan of TLOU bashing but this is not a woman's body. I was convinced she was trans after watching this sex scene.

It's shocking that this got past artists, actors and designers over at ND. Women have tits, no matter how much they work out, they will always have tits. No matter how flat chested they are, they will have tits instead of a man chest like we see above.

This is simply unacceptable and an insult to all women.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
man I am not a big fan of TLOU bashing but this is not a woman's body. I was convinced she was trans after watching this sex scene.

It's shocking that this got past artists, actors and designers over at ND. Women have tits, no matter how much they work out, they will always have tits. No matter how flat chested they are, they will have tits instead of a man chest like we see above.

This is simply unacceptable and an insult to all women.
There are examples in real life like Annie Rivieccio.

ksdixon

Who gives a fuck? You can't stand a lesbo character?
I hope this was a joke post. This is what I hate. Devs hiding behind lgbtq+.

The FIRST TLOU had Ellie as a lesbian and Bill as gay guy. And hardly anyone cared because both were fully fleshed out human beings who just happened to be homosexual. It wasn't their whole entire personality. Stop using lesbians as a critisism shield.

And on that note, character's sexual preference is probably dead last on anyone's list of issues, with it's deeply flawed storytelling/pacing/changes from TLOU1 characters motives/personality swings.

Only the gameplay itself, and the impressive array of control/accessibility options which was genuinely progressive, saved it.

kyussman

I would understand the hate towards TloU Pt.II and in particular Abby if she just showed up 9 ironed Joel to the temple and then disappeared until the final confrontation....but she didn't,she was a fully fleshed out character and her whole story is shown....but still some of you are like....but her biceps!.
I hate political correct wokeness as much as the next man(or lady,or ladyman).....but I really didn't get any hidden agenda with the game at all.....yea,that shit is everywhere right now,but you can't scream woke agenda every time a game dares to put lesbians or other minorities in it.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I would understand the hate towards TloU Pt.II and in particular Abby if she just showed up 9 ironed Joel to the temple and then disappeared until the final confrontation....but she didn't,she was a fully fleshed out character and her whole story is shown....but still some of you are like....but her biceps!.
I hate political correct wokeness as much as the next man(or lady,or ladyman).....but I really didn't get any hidden agenda with the game at all.....yea,that shit is everywhere right now,but you can't scream woke agenda every time a game dares to put a lesbian in it.
She is one of if not the best characters in the game.
I mean you need to have not play the game to see how good her parts of the game were.
She had an great development too.
So I agree with what you say.

People hate over her is about others things like her choice to become muscular and spoilers I won't enter in discussion here.

Last edited:

Edokataki

Banned
Wow deleted comment.. I did not know that whining for couple months in hundred of threads is ok but find the people that whine to be morons who can't get over a GAME is not ok, Point taken. When I play a game and I don't like something about I drop it and maybe say my concern and my dissatisfaction for it but not make hundreds of post in hundreds of threads and cry and whine about it. And the comment about tweeter well you sean too much offended whoever you are, you sure you are not one of the people that whine for months about a GAME? and last if you don't like my opinion it's your forum and you can do what you want, but I am not changing my opinion.

kyussman

She is one of if not the best characters in the game.
I mean you need to have not play the game to see how good her parts of the game were.
She had an great development too.
Damn right.I couldn't believe when I set out as Abby thinking it would be a half hour or so just to show a bit of her character.....then half the game later I'm still playing as her....that was some epic stuff.I love it when a game throws something like that at me and her sections were great too.

ethomaz

Banned
Wow deleted comment.. I did not know that whining for couple months in hundred of threads is ok but find the people that whine to be morons who can't get over a GAME is not ok, Point taken. When I play a game and I don't like something about I drop it and maybe say my concern and my dissatisfaction for it but not make hundreds of post in hundreds of threads and cry and whine about it. And the comment about tweeter well you sean too much offended whoever you are, you sure you are not one of the people that whine for months about a GAME? and last if you don't like my opinion it's your forum and you can do what you want, but I am not changing my opinion.
Maybe they loved the game but are afraid to say it in public... that is the only way I can see why they can't forget the game ever after 8 months in the market.

Edokataki

Banned
Maybe they loved the game but are afraid to say it in public... that is the only way I can see why they can't forget the game ever after 8 months in the market.
That can be a good explanation, but now imagine If you don't like a movie you go every day at the movie theater with a megaphone and scream how bad is the movie for couple months with the excuse that you want others not to suffer like you did. That is what they do here. Sorry but that is pathetic... A game is entertainment, if it is not good and does not entertain you then you just drop it and move on.

ethomaz

Banned
That can be a good explanation, but now imagine If you don't like a movie you go every day at the movie theater with a megaphone and scream how bad is the movie for couple months with the excuse that you want others not to suffer like you did. That is what they do here. Sorry but that is pathetic... A game is entertainment, if it is not good and does not entertain you then you just drop it and move on.
Well I believe it is more like you hate a movie but can't stop to watch it :D
I already saw friends doing the same.
It is part of human nature.

Or in a more popular words... "says that hate Mc Donalds but keep eating Number One almost every day".

Last edited:

JayK47

My apologies. I did forget about the ending of the first game. I can see how someone may want revenge on Joel. Still does not explain the poor character design for Abby. And I do not enjoy watching torture scenes in movies or games. ND was criticized for it and it is one of the few times I have agreed with Polygon.

Kupfer

GoT is playable in beautiful 60FPS on PS5, it almost feels like a next gen game.
I started GoT on my Ps4Pro and finished it on the PS5, so I played the first half at 30FPS and the second half at 60FPS. What a gamechanger.
I played TLOUII on my PS4 Pro, which were great 30 hours and I can't wait for a (possible) PS5 upgrade to replay it in 60FPS.
I believe if TLOUII had a proper PS5 patch, it would sell like hot cakes.

Woopah

I've been loving the Ghosts Legend mode this past few weeks. Is there any update for multiplayer for TLoU2? I could see that having a major impact on legs.

Overall I've been really impressed with Sony first party this gen and don't understand any of the "woke" complaints.

Last edited:
Top Bottom