• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima continues to chart ahead of TLOU II (indicates longer legs v front loaded sales)

So killing a beloved straight white male character by the hands of a manly female (who was previously shown as more feminine) and then forcing you to play as that manly female is not politically motivated? Sure. I am guessing some developer felt the same way and leaked the plot hoping to better inform the gaming public. Before knowing the horrible plot, I was not interested in the game since it seemed to promote brutality and torture, which I do not get off on. So I was planning to pass on it before finding out how horribly woke it was. And I suspect that many people pre-ordered the game based on the enjoyment of the previous game and the quality of other games by the developer and were not pleased by the game after playing it. So they will bitch about it every chance they get. And they have every right to.

Holy shit you're a mental case. Do you realize how unhinged you sound.

kyussman

I don't know why these two games keep getting played off against each other(I do,lol)....but it's a bit silly.
It's like a lot of you were going steady with TLoU and then it cheated on you....but then along came GOT with it's big tits and arse and you were all....fuck you TLoU,look at me now,lol.

Is not my fault if your mind doesnt allow you to see through things, or see only the top of the iceberg.
Creative freedom ends when is telling its audience what opinions are right and what opinions are wrong, which is TLOU2 and Druckmann case.
Actually that’s where it begins. Creative works usually can feature the creators perspective. You just don’t like it because you don’t agree with it, whatever it is.

Stay angry and stay a snowflake.

Capicola

Neo Member
Never understood the praise for this mediocre open world game. It's easily the worst game that won GOTY on this forum. Is it because it came immediatly after TLOU2? fuck that. Doom Eternal should be getting all the praise this basic open world gets

User voted prizes are included in that "questionable" for a variety of reasons.

That said, i know it won in the golden joystick awards but it lost to Ghost of Tsushima in the "Players voice" of the game awards, so i don't know what you mean with "vast majority of places"
It has over 100 Reader's Choice GOTY Awards and that's from most of the bigger sites. That's more than any game has ever won. That's what I mean. You want to look at 2 awards, I look at hundreds.

If their output is consistent, hopefully in due time this will mean that Sucker Punch will become Sony's fav child and the feeling of abandonment will teach ND a bit of humility.
Dude Sucker Punch is FAR from being top dawg in the Sony studios. Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, and Santa Monica are still leagues ahead of them. There's a reason why every game from naughty dog over the last 12 years has been GOTY

mxbison

Genuinely curious why it matters what it sales compared to TLOU2. Is there a backstory between the two?

Ghost of Tsushima doesn't have a female character with big biceps.

Nice to see GoT doing so well though, I feel reviewers were pretty harsh on the game because trashing ubi-style open worlds was the cool thing to do. For me it was the most enjoyable open world game in a really long time.

Last edited:
Still peddling the stupid war between these two games huh? Who fucking cares. Tlou2 still ahead worldwide, and even if GoT surpasses it then it doesn't matter, both games did amazingly well and are sony exclusives. Sony wins, gamers win, the end.
Between this and the politics section, people don't understand math.

Woggleman

These two games should not have been compared in the first place. They couldn't be more different. Congrats to SP for their success. GOT is a great game even if I like TLOU2 more. It deserves more than to be used some kind of weapon against TLOU2.

Saber

Gold Member
You haven't played many open world games have you?

Yes I have, and LoU2 probably isn't one lmao

GoT offers more simply because its different from the story telling focused games, has less gating(I mean, you don't even need to get out if horse to collect things) and its more mixed in terms of action and as result is more fun to play.

Tbh is not that I want their next game to be like GoT, but rather take it as inspiration to make a step out of linear games. Staying cool and being more creative with art direction. Sucker Punch really rocks and won my respect in this aspect.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
These two games should not have been compared in the first place. They couldn't be more different. Congrats to SP for their success. GOT is a great game even if I like TLOU2 more. It deserves more than to be used some kind of weapon against TLOU2.
They're not that different either. They tick all the boxes of Sony's first party games from last gen:
- They focus on singleplayer.
- They're from the action adventure genre.
- They offer a wide variety of difficulty levels which is a plus for people who play occasionally.
- They offer spectacular graphics for such an old console as PS4.

It's definitely not that strange for someone to be interested in purchasing both knowing what to expect from Sony games. The main differences are the plot and the characters and that's where imo TLoU2 can scare away people not wanting "bold", depressing storylines.

Last edited:

Woggleman

They're not that different either. They tick all the boxes of Sony's first party games from last gen:
- They focus on singleplayer.
- They're from the action adventure genre.
- They offer a wide variety of difficulty levels which is a plus for people who play occasionally.
- They offer spectacular graphics for such an old console as PS4.

It's definitely not that strange for someone to be interested in purchasing both knowing what to expect from Sony games.
That is where it ends though. Other than that they are very different games. It's like comparing Italian and Chinese food since both places technically serve noodles but Spaghetti and Lo Mein are very different dishes. Some people just want to use GOT as a weapon against TLOU2 and it is a shame because it deserves to be lauded on it's own merits.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
So killing a beloved straight white male character by the hands of a manly female (who was previously shown as more feminine) and then forcing you to play as that manly female is not politically motivated? Sure. I am guessing some developer felt the same way and leaked the plot hoping to better inform the gaming public. Before knowing the horrible plot, I was not interested in the game since it seemed to promote brutality and torture, which I do not get off on. So I was planning to pass on it before finding out how horribly woke it was. And I suspect that many people pre-ordered the game based on the enjoyment of the previous game and the quality of other games by the developer and were not pleased by the game after playing it. So they will bitch about it every chance they get. And they have every right to.
You are fucking stupid. Point blank.

TLOU 2 haters, this is how all of you sound :messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_poop:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
That is where it ends though. Other than that they are very different games. It's like comparing Italian and Chinese food since both places technically serve noodles but Spaghetti and Lo Mein are very different dishes. Some people just want to use GOT as a weapon against TLOU2 and it is a shame because it deserves to be lauded on it's own merits.
I think it depends a lot on how you approach big game launches. If you're playing primarily on PlayStation and enjoy strictly singleplayer games without any gaas/co-op/multiplayer it's not going to matter a lot if the games are from different settings or that they're either fully open world or more linear. You're going to play all or almost all of them. I see this with myself and a lot of my PSN friends, we're not picky and not ignoring something because it's open world or because the setting may seem less appealing. Some people make fun of the 'Sony template', but I don't and I'm glad they're sticking with singleplayer. In my opinion The Last of Us 2 would sell (and kept selling months later) a lot better if it was less controversial and less divisive.

Last edited:

Woggleman

Single player covers a whole lot of stuff. Saints Row and Death Stranding are both single player games but are very different. It might sell better if they played it safe but it would have been a worse game. People are so used to comic book stories where there is a defined hero and villain that they don't know what to make of something that has shades of grey for almost everybody in the game.

Guilty_AI

It has over 100 Reader's Choice GOTY Awards and that's from most of the bigger sites. That's more than any game has ever won. That's what I mean. You want to look at 2 awards, I look at hundreds.
And what are those over 100 readers choice? Some magazine with a few hundred readers, or perhaps metacritic where only 10 thousand people voted.

Its one of the reasons why people are concluding such things don't mean anything in the end. Hand pick some random publications out of the thousands out there just to make numbers.

EDMIX

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to agree with Phunkydiabetic Phunkydiabetic on this one. I don't see a lot of evidence that anything political is going on simply because a white character that's a guy died by a female character. What legislation are they trying to get you to vote for? What Bill are they trying to pass by this happening? People died by the hands of other people all the fucking time of multiple different demographics.

So this idea of trying to argue it's trying to promote this or trying to get you to do that is simply fucking stupid, it's just as dumb as the SJWs use that we're arguing that someone shirt being tucked in with some secret signal by the far-right extremists in that Nathan Drake being a guy killing 500 dudes was a secret conspiracy to promote toxic white male masculinity for some secret conspiracy that no one fucking knows about.

I think both of them sound dumb for the exact same fucking reasons that I'm not fully understanding what exactly the point of action would even be for the conspiracy to even make any type of sense.

So what we're saying is the only person that could kill the main character is going to be another guy of equal stature race political affiliation and religious ideology? Anything else must be political? So none of this sounds weird at all to you? lol

If you're going to believe in anything being a political conspiracy I'm sorry but stop playing video games with humans, stop playing anything with humans if any character looking a little bit too far to the right or left is some secret signal that a political conspiracy is going on, I'm starting to believe even if you made a fucking game with blobs you're going to argue one of The Blob being bigger than the other is to signify the military-industrial complex in the game is too political or one blob being a little bit too far to the right is the signify toxic male syndrome and a far-right conspiracy as to why the blob is towards the far right.

None of this sounds rational sir.

I don't buy games for any of those reasons and I feel sorry for those that even put so much fucking energy into this crap instead of just playing games. It would be like me, a Black Male saying,

"hmmm main character isn't black, must be an agenda, avoid"
"hmmm main character isn't Haitian, must be an agenda, avoid"
"hmmm main character isn't a Democrat, must be an agenda, avoid"
"hmmm main character isn't Jewish, must be an agenda, avoid"
"hmmm main character isn't recycling, must be an agenda, avoid"
"hmmm main character isn't driving a Prius, must be an agenda, avoid"
"hmmm main character isn't eating at Arby's , must be an agenda, avoid"

I don't get it? Are you fucking buying a game to enjoy the actual game itself or are you looking for the game to be a clone of your views, lifestyle and or life partner or?

I don't read Hulk Comics cause...come on folks, you know they pushing that GREEN agenda to pander to green people, keep da politics out of it doe /s

Last edited:

Amiga

It's not forced hype for TLOU2, the hype was because of the masterpiece Part 1.In the end imo TLOU2 is good but i wouldn't call it masterpiece of something like that, and i don't put it in my Top 10 best games of the gen personally. Mainwhile GOT is a true masterpiece, and by far the best game of SP imo.

I agree with that, if at least those were same genre of game the comparison would have make a bit more sens, but the 2 games are totally 2 different genre.

the post launch hype was forced. the pre-launch hype was real I agree, I was part of it, probably made my sense of disappointment worse.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Let's take a look:

GoT
  • A stylish samurai game
  • Open world, while generic in substance, looks nice
  • Bows, horses, swords, upgrade system
  • Sidequests
  • Standard Ubishit
  • Pitched at a level where your average chump could enjoy it, but just about engaging enough for hashtag epic gamers
  • Actually a pretty shit and generic game underneath the stylish visuals
Last of Us 2
  • Takes itself too seriously
  • Go down this corridor
  • This
guld2n69gl551.jpg

Hmmm yeah I wonder why
She has no tits?

Kokoloko85

“TLOU II continues to perform better in total sales overall”

Until this changes no1 should give a shit or make another thread about this.
Give me a sequel

And what are those over 100 readers choice? Some magazine with a few hundred readers, or perhaps metacritic where only 10 thousand people voted.

Its one of the reasons why people are concluding such things don't mean anything in the end. Hand pick some random publications out of the thousands out there just to make numbers.
LOL you don't like it so they aren't credible. IGN, Metacritic and Game Informer's reader choice are just 3 of the many examples. You have no idea how much traffic those sites get do you? Also, ONLY 10,000 people voted for it on Metacritic? That's 9,999 more people than you and FAR more than the amount of usual haters on this site that keep trying to down the game. TLOU2 was far and away the top choice for GOTY last year by media and fans and there is nothing you haters can do about it.

Last edited:

Interfectum

Hasn’t GoT received content and performance patches for PS5? I’d imagine if / when TLoU2 gets some updates we’ll see it chart again.

Last edited:

Meesh

I'm in love with Ghost of Tsushima and I haven't even played it. It looks like everything I ever wanted outta a samurai epic!! Watched all kinds of videos... its beautiful.

I'm in love with Ghost of Tsushima and I haven't even played it. It looks like everything I ever wanted outta a samurai epic!! Watched all kinds of videos... its beautiful.
It's honestly really good. I was prepared for it to be another dull Assassin's Creed game but the combat is excellent and the art direction is second to none. Absolutely beautiful game. The story is fairly bad but not offensively so.

MrA

Banned
These kind of threads pop up every week still. It's really sad. The hate for TLOUII is immense.

Why is the sales of this game being analysed so much.
Because it was one of the 2 games that expected to be in the running for best selling exclusive, animal crossing did whatever it is that animal crossing does to the point where that competition was no longer in question, so the other big ps4 exclusive becomes the more interesting competition
Hasn’t GoT received content and performance patches for PS5? I’d imagine if / when TLoU2 gets some updates we’ll see it chart again.
Ghost seems to have held better before the content patches anyway,
I think some people have a misunderstanding of the charts here.

These are not unit sales charts, it's revenue chart. Since TLOU 2 sold $20 - $30 less, The Last of Us Part II would have needed to sell around 40% more copies to chart above GoT.

I think we'll get a better idea on how far apart both games are based on how well Mario Kart 8 performs.
rolling year total so ghost was catching up even when last of us was 60, also if last of us in dropping in price that implies either its sales aren't as strong, though that isn't definitive. last of us also dropped in overall chart position, doesn't necessarily mean poor legs, but it does imply it as well

also I'm going to say, if the characters hurt the last of us 2, it was that abby is a sociopath, and her friends are sociopaths too, most people have a natural revolted by sociopaths even if fictional (the guy that played scorpio in diry harry received death threats for his character) explanation as to why
when abby kills joel she does so in cold blood while her friends laugh and cheer, murdering someone in a helpless state is something that only sociopaths do. Furthermore, Joel had just rescued her and was offering her and her friends aid and comfort in a dire situation out of what seemed pure kindness. None of her friends was a good enough person to say to her "yeah this guy just saved your life, maybe we should hear his side of the story" or tried to stop her, but nope all laughing and cheering like a bunch of sick people. Characters like that are incredibly offputting

sol_bad

well deserved, GoT is the better game.

forced hype on TLOU2 was always going to disappear eventually.

Forced hype?

I have a pretty good idea why there are so many threads bashing TLOU2. Similar reason as to why there are so many threads bashing Cyberpunk. The difference being, a lot of Cyberpunk issues can be fixed with patches. I enjoyed TLOU well enough. Seeing previews of TLOU2, where the focus was on brutality and lesbian relationships, it didn't appeal to me as much as the original that seemed to be about exploration during yet another apocalypse. Then when the story was leaked and the game came out, hearing about the plot and characters of TLOU2, I felt I dodged a bullet by not buying it. I care deeply about characters and story and if the characters are interesting and the story is good, I can forgive a lot of bugs, poor combat, out of date graphics, etc. That is why I was loving Cyberpunk while I was playing it. The story was decent, but it had amazing characters and an interesting world to explore. The story fell apart at the end and it did leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. Back to TLOU2, the characters look and sound awful. Part of the story is a slap to the face of anybody who enjoyed the first game. It is overly political and crams it down your throat. I am sure tons of people preordered it, played it, and were deeply disappointed by it. And they wished they could have gotten a refund like they did with Cyberpunk. If I was given the game for free, I do not think I would play it, since it would not only be horrible to play it knowing what will happen, but it would ruin the series for me and any enjoyment I have for the first game. Imagine similar situations in other series you enjoy? Imagine you favorite character in another game getting brutally murdered by a horribly designed political nightmare and then being forced to play half the game with that mess of a character? It sounds like a slap in the face and I have not interest in that sort of thing. And it would piss me off if that happened in an series I have played and enjoyed.

"Cares deeply about characters and story".
Instantly looks for story leaks and decides not to buy just because of lesbians.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
rolling year total so ghost was catching up even when last of us was 60, also if last of us in dropping in price that implies either its sales aren't as strong, though that isn't definitive. last of us also dropped in overall chart position, doesn't necessarily mean poor legs, but it does imply it as well

also I'm going to say, if the characters hurt the last of us 2, it was that abby is a sociopath, and her friends are sociopaths too, most people have a natural revolted by sociopaths even if fictional (the guy that played scorpio in diry harry received death threats for his character) explanation as to why

I mention this in another thread before that God of War was marked to $25 and under going into the holiday season of 2018 and it was $30 and under at the beginning of 2019.

Ghost could be closing the gap in the US, but it's not coming close in Europe.

Comparing Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part II in Europe

GSD November Top 20 Video Games (Digital + Physical)

01. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02. ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
03. FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
04. MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)*
06. GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR GAMES)
07. MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)*
08. HYRULE WARRIORS: AGE OF CALAMITY (NINTENDO)*
09. WATCH DOGS: LEGION (UBISOFT)
10. SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)*
11. JUST DANCE 2021 (UBISOFT)
12. RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)*
13. FOOTBALL MANAGER 2021 (SEGA)
14. RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (ROCKSTAR GAMES)
15. MINECRAFT: SWITCH EDITION (MOJANG)
16. THE LAST OF US: PART 2 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
17. ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY (UBISOFT)*
18. NBA 2K21 (TAKE-TWO)
19. TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
20. GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

When both titles went on sale.

UK Week 48, 2020
16 (RE) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
23 (RE) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 49, 2020
30 (16) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
38 (23) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 51, 2020
24(RE) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
34 (RE) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 52, 2020
24 (30) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
29 (34) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 53, 2020
29 (24) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 1, 2021
26 (29) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Switzerland Week 48, 2020
9 (RE) THE LAST OF US PART II

Italy Week 48, 2020
(6) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Italy Week 52, 2020
(7) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Italy Week 1, 2021
(1) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Germany - Top 20 November
17 - The Last of Us Part II

Germany - Top 20 December
20 - The Last of Us Part II

Germany - Top 20 2020
6 - The Last of Us Part II

GSD 2020 Top 20 Video Games (Digital + Physical) (European Top 20)

01. FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
02. GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR GAMES)
03. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)*
04. FIFA 20 (EA GAMES)
05. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06. MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)*
07. THE LAST OF US PART 2 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
08. ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
09. CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10. RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
11. NBA 2K20 (TAKE-TWO)
12. SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)
13. TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE (UBISOFT)
14. CYBERPUNK 2077 (CD PROJECT RED)*
16. GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
17. ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY (UBISOFT)
18. RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
19. JUST DANCE 2020 (UBISOFT)
20. SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)*

Despite slightly longer after the first few weeks, Ghost of Tsushima is not close to beating TLOU 2 in sales. It's still far away behind.

If they release a remaster or multiplayer along with TLOU 2 for the PS4, then it's only going to widen the gap

This doesn't make sense to anyone who has played the game. They're not sociopath's. Their desire to get revenge was reasonable since Joel killed Abby's father. Owen tried to convince Abby to go back to Seattle because he didn't want anyone to die. Owen was also the one that stopped Manny and Mel from killing Abby and Tommy, and in the end, they let them go because they were there for Joel. A sociopath would've killed them all. Abby's entire story is trying to find redemption after killing Joel.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
This.

I do think that TLoU 2 sales will spike up again once a dlc or the multiplayer hits so it really is still up in the air who will chart better.
Pretty much this, when the multiplayer and ps5 patch comes out have a feeling we will see it on the map again. Also its still selling well in Europe and I believe their last sales data they had tloup2 was in top 10 being at number 5-7 I believe and ghosts wasnt on it

MrA

Banned
I mention this in another thread before that God of War was marked to $25 and under going into the holiday season of 2018 and it was $30 and under at the beginning of 2019.

Ghost could be closing the gap in the US, but it's not coming close in Europe.

Comparing Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part II in Europe

GSD November Top 20 Video Games (Digital + Physical)

01. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
02. ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
03. FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
04. MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
05. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)*
06. GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR GAMES)
07. MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)*
08. HYRULE WARRIORS: AGE OF CALAMITY (NINTENDO)*
09. WATCH DOGS: LEGION (UBISOFT)
10. SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)*
11. JUST DANCE 2021 (UBISOFT)
12. RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)*
13. FOOTBALL MANAGER 2021 (SEGA)
14. RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (ROCKSTAR GAMES)
16. THE LAST OF US: PART 2 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
17. ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY (UBISOFT)*
18. NBA 2K21 (TAKE-TWO)
19. TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: SIEGE (UBISOFT)
20. GOD OF WAR (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

When both titles went on sale.

UK Week 48, 2020
16 (RE) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
23 (RE) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 49, 2020
30 (16) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
38 (23) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 51, 2020
24(RE) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
34 (RE) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 52, 2020
24 (30) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
29 (34) GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 53, 2020
29 (24) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

UK Week 1, 2021
26 (29) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Switzerland Week 48, 2020
9 (RE) THE LAST OF US PART II

Italy Week 48, 2020
(6) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Italy Week 52, 2020
(7) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Italy Week 1, 2021
(1) THE LAST OF US PART II (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)

Germany - Top 20 November
17 - The Last of Us Part II

Germany - Top 20 December
20 - The Last of Us Part II

Germany - Top 20 2020
6 - The Last of Us Part II

GSD 2020 Top 20 Video Games (Digital + Physical) (European Top 20)

01. FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
02. GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR GAMES)
03. ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)*
04. FIFA 20 (EA GAMES)
05. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06. MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)*
07. THE LAST OF US PART 2 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
08. ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
09. CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10. RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
11. NBA 2K20 (TAKE-TWO)
12. SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)
13. TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX SIEGE (UBISOFT)
14. CYBERPUNK 2077 (CD PROJECT RED)*
16. GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
17. ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY (UBISOFT)
18. RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
19. JUST DANCE 2020 (UBISOFT)
20. SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)*

Despite slightly longer after the first few weeks, Ghost of Tsushima is not close to beating TLOU 2 in sales. It's still far away behind.

If they release a remaster or multiplayer along with TLOU 2 for the PS4, then it's only going to widen the gap

This doesn't make sense to anyone who has played the game. They're not sociopath's. Their desire to get revenge was reasonable since Joel killed Abby's father. Owen tried to convince Abby to go back to Seattle because he didn't want anyone to die. Owen was also the one that stopped Manny and Mel from killing Abby and Tommy, and in the end, they let them go because they were there for Joel. A sociopath would've killed them all. Abby's entire story is trying to find redemption after killing Joel.
the second you say murdering out of revenge is reasonable, that's sociopath territory,

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Nobody has a problem with Ellie, she's been canonically lesbian since the first game's DLC. People have a problem with the collapse in narrative standards from the first game, particularly (though not exclusively) Abby's half. Abby isn't lesbian, and in spite of her appearance she's not trans either.
I have my gripes with the pacing with the game (personally I feel part 2 should have been strictly abby) however how did the narrative collapse? If anything Abbys portion pushed it forward, without her arc tloup2 would have been a generic tale of revenge where good guys good, bad guys bad.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Abby is thee creation of joel. Her motivations, her physique is all a result because of him and his choices in the first game. The fact that people playing this game and thinking Joel woulsnt get iced in it clearly dont understand the first game and the implications his choice resulted in sealing his fate for the rest of his life. He didnt care we was going to die he knew it was coming after he was shot, dude wasnt surprised.

No cap, tlou is a shitty universe and everyone is shitty but joel is one of thee worst characters in the game for what he did in thr first game and how he continued to lie and manipulate Ellie just so he could have a sense of peace knowing he "has" a daughter again.

No idea how playing as abby is politically motivated, we see her perspective towards the plot, without that tloup2 is a cliche revenge tale where the bad guys are bad and the good guys are good. Ellie was also a bitch in this game and deserved what she had coming as well btw. Thats the universe of tlou, everyone is literally a sack of shit. No one is good.

ethomaz

Banned
People keep saying that but TLOU2 increasing sales over GoT.

Seems like GoT seems more in slow months while TLOU2 sells more when matter (Eg. November) that makes TLOU2 having more overall sales.

Last edited:
Because it was one of the 2 games that expected to be in the running for best selling exclusive, animal crossing did whatever it is that animal crossing does to the point where that competition was no longer in question, so the other big ps4 exclusive becomes the more interesting competition
Funny you don't see Miles Morales getting brought up. It took GoT 5 months to sell 5 million while it took Miles a month and a half to do 4.2 million.

Top Bottom