• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Of A Tale 2 Using Unreal Engine 5 Gets Stunning First Screen Shot

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
ghost-of-a-tale-2-ps5.jpg

Ghost of a Tale 2 running on Unreal Engine 5 has just gotten its first screenshot, courtesy of its creator, SeithCG.

The screenshot, which can be seen below, shows a highly detailed scene depicting a rickety table filled with candles and apples amidst a cavern type area where all kinds of mushrooms and vines appear to be growing. Hugely detailed with some great lighting, the image also shows a wanted poster with what would seem to be Tilo, the meek hero of the first game, looking uncharacteristically vicious.

ghost-of-a-tale-2-ps5-screenshot.jpg

Though we have precious little more to go on regarding Ghost of a Tale 2, the first game is absolutely worth a play. A deft combination of platforming, puzzle solving and action RPG elements, Ghost of a Tale puts players in the tiny shoes of a Tilo, a brave little mouse minstrel who must infiltrate the Dwindling Heights Keep and rescue Merra, his true love.

Even better, Ghost of a Tale runs at a silky smooth 60 FPS when played on PS5, too.

No release date for Ghost of a Tale 2 has yet been announced. In the meantime though, you can catch the latest trailer for the still-awesome first game below.

CamHostage

I mean, great that it's got a sequel and good for SeithCG in making the new engine work for him, happy to hear it and looking forward to what the sequel brings.

...But PSU, we can relax with the "stunning" tags for every scrap of content made using UE5. The developer previously was able to get this out of Unity; he's already got "stunning" covered, the UE move was probably for other reasons than just graphics.

ss_9b333f1e0414a41a14bb486cfa3fc64f5b2159dc.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Is that the game where you play as a gerbil or something? I remember playing it for a bit but got bored rather quickly.

bender

What time is it?
The sequel needs was more in need of a new design philopshy rather than a new engine to push visuals.

Reallink

Wow an 800x400 image so compressed it looks like it came from 1995. Stunning, I can see everything.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Never even heard of Ghost of a Tale 1. Is this a PC game, I imagine?

Ghost of a Tale is a little stealth/action-adventure game that's on PC and all the consoles (even Switch.)

It's by Lionel "Seith" Gallat, who previously worked in the CGI animated movie business (DreamWorks and Universal,) and is kind of one of those one-man-band projects. It came to prominence partly because of a crowd-funding campaign in the mid-2010s, back when games from even good studios didn't quite look like this. (It's still rather impressive, but the foliage and other systems might seem less special today since marketplace kits now make some of this seem easy...)

That's really...that's not that...not that it doesn't...

Heh, I think it's just a "Hello World" type of image to show that he's got a new project up and running on a new engine. I don't think it was meant to blow anybody away with how "stunning" it is, but a headline's got to say something I guess.

Last edited:

Banned
that's not a screenshot! that's the PC version running in real time...
we just gotta wait for the shaders to be compiled and for this framerime spike to end

ultrazilla

I'd normally brush this off but Ghost of a Tale by SeithCG was incredible. One of the very best looking and playing UNITY games I've ever
played. That's saying something as I generally don't care for that engine. I'm an Unreal Engine fanboy and super excited to see what
Seith will be able to create using Unreal Engine 5.

Goat_sewers_04.jpg

GoaT_great_hall_05.jpg

GoaT_courtyard_05.jpg

GoaT_jail_06.jpg

Top Bottom