• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein’s closest confidante, has been arrested by the FBI

Tesseract

Banned
difficulty.png

Last edited:

McCheese

Thinking about this, if she knows they bumped Epstein; she'll have invested a fuck ton of money in the most elaborate dead-mans switch systems; so they probably genuinely don't want her killing herself this time; and are going to set up some sort of plea bargain where she gives evidence to throw some small fry under the bus, in return for a relaxed sentence; and nobody ever mentions the Clintons.

She knew this was coming, and has had time (and has plenty of resources if she's throwing billions of crypto around) to prepare for it.

Last edited:
Thinking about this, if she knows they bumped Epstein; she'll have invested a fuck ton of money in the most elaborate dead-mans switch systems; so they probably genuinely don't want her killing herself this time; and are going to set up some sort of plea bargain where she gives evidence to throw some small fry under the bus, in return for a relaxed sentence; and nobody ever mentions the Clintons.

She knew this was coming, and has had time (and has plenty of resources if she's throwing billions of crypto around) to prepare for it.

Snowden said in an interview that he doesn't have a dead man's switch cause he thinks it's more likely to get him killed. If you were a good guy, or a foreign government at odds with the US you might kill her to activate the switch in hopes that whatever is revealed hurts the US.

McCheese

Snowden said in an interview that he doesn't have a dead man's switch cause he thinks it's more likely to get him killed. If you were a good guy, or a foreign government at odds with the US you might kill her to activate the switch in hopes that whatever is revealed hurts the US.

Oh shit, hadn't even considered it from that angle. But I think in her case it's weighed much more heavily in favour of having one. But I can see why Snowden wouldn't have one.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

The idea would be that whatever powerful people don’t want that info out would be countering all that...it doesn’t make sense to me to not have some sort of dead man’s switch in this case, because you have the leverage either way. Yes, killing you gets it out there, but you can still get it out there yourself on your own terms...It seems like the incentive to kill you would be overridden by the incentive to keep you alive in the case of a real dead man’s switch that reveals everything.

Alas, I don’t deal in shady underworld pedophile bullshit so I’m not really versed in how it might make sense or not.

Cravis

Why release the names of the victims?

Regardless she is on borrowed time. She will inevitably die in an accident the likes of which would bring a smirk to Agent 47s face.

Cravis

To corroborate the story.
They can corroborate the story with the authorities. They don’t need their identities revealed to the entire world. Especially if they were underage at the time of the crimes being committed.

Typical predatory tactic to try to “twist the knife” more psychologically with the victims.

nush

Gold Member
They can corroborate the story with the authorities. They don’t need their identities revealed to the entire world. Especially if they were underage at the time of the crimes being committed.

Typical predatory tactic to try to “twist the knife” more psychologically with the victims.

Does "release" for sure mean "Publicly release" in this context? She could name all the co-conspirators and they could deny it, no victim, no witness. (IANAL)

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It means the info would be given to her defense attorneys; she has a right to know who here accusers are so that her defense can adequately prepare for trial.

You can't convict someone based on secret witnesses as that would violate all kinds of rights.

The government, who is prosecuting her, is also receiving their expert witness reports, with the same amount of time to prepare for trial.

They'd both have to give the other this information before trial, but are arguing with each other to withhold the info as long as possible.. as court cases are all just a game that opponents are playing against each other trying to bend whatever rules exist. The only goal on either side is to win the game.

Last edited:

Narasumas

Has a trial date been set or planned yet? Really wondering when this whole thing has an advancement as far as bagging any/(all) of these assholes who participated in this supposed ring.

Top Bottom