• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon Teaser Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon's EARLY ACCESS starts on STEAM, May 13th 2021!

Inspired by the Japanese ukiyo-e art style, the world of GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon is as beautiful as it is deadly...

Vibrant, dynamic 2D animations bring the artistic world of GetsuFumaDen to life in an intense roguelite hack-and-slash action game!

Emerge victorious from brutal, larger than life boss battles and descend deeper into the depths of Hell to eradicate the source of the cataclysm.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Sweet, I was wondering if they were going to remix go getsu fuma! again, and this version doesn't disappoint.
Imma try this just for the ost.

Edit: this is actually the Ryukotsuki track, not go! getsu fuma.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah, Konami making a legit game is wild. On top of that a GetsuFuma sequel? Wtf?!

Looks pretty AF! I originally thought this was just some switch exclusive or something. Stoked it's coming to Steam!

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

A little dynamite from Konami, isn't it? Looks totally fantastic.

Getsu Fuma Den - fans pleased.

Damn, I wish this was coming out on PS4.

Mr Hyde

Looks fucking awesome. Only game that really caught my attention on the Indie Direct. Konami finally getting their shit together, if only for a brief moment.

GrayFoxPL

qN11JDy.gif

xdq8Trt.gif

AFOChVm.gif

yzH2pBW.gif

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I am confused now though. I saw this in a ‘nindie’ preview.

Are Konami indie devs now? 🤪
They don't really say who's developing it. It may not be an internal Konami team ... but maybe it is!?

They also count TMNT, even though it has a publisher. Or Annapurna games, or Devolver games. Almost all of them have publishers now. Indie is pretty meaningless these days and just means smaller games at a lower price point basically.

CamHostage

They don't really say who's developing it. It may not be an internal Konami team ... but maybe it is!?

The developer listed on Steam is called "GuruGuru". I don't see any further info on this team or an online presence yet for the studio, I'd like to know more if we can find them out there.

Also, holy moley, the original Getsu Fuuma Den seems kind of cool; a kind of Zelda 2 ripoff Action/Platformer/RPG with really trippy graphics. (I don't really like how the swordplay works but otherwise, I'd like to see the original game released as part of this reboot.)

Jeeves

Interesting revival. My only point of contact with the series was the Getsu Fuma Den level in Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. It was a really cool level in that game.

Manji Uzuki

Was totally not expecting a game like this specially not from Konami. But surprisingly looks awesome! This and the TMNT game were definitely the highlights of the indie direct

Pejo

So first impressions:

• Very pretty. lots of stylized art that just looks great in motion.
  • Performance is good.
  • Combat feels....ok. There's not a lot of feedback for your hits on monsters, and there's a lot of visual clutter when you're in close (which is where you do most of the fighting)
  • Jumping sucks, and the cling to ledge is a little too magnet-like. I had to try like 5 times to drop down to a ledge below me because he kept grabbing back on and jumping up again.
  • Fluid motion
  • Weapons are diverse and have enough differences between types. So far I've used katana/dual fans/club/fists/umbrella for main weapons and bombs/caltrops/kunai/buff bracelet/bow for secondary types
  • First boss was fun.
I don't understand the point of unlocking waypoints if you just lose access to them if you die. Are you supposed to be going back to the start and saving your progress or something when you hit one? I'm a little confused by the waypoint mechanic in general.

Pejo

So I get it now. The game is a Rogue-lite like Dead Cells, and the teleport points are there because there's a semi-random layout for every floor, in case you head down a 1 way path and have issues getting out. Honestly that bums me out, I was hoping for purposefully designed levels. It's still fun enough and visually gorgeous, but the genre has made it take a hit, in my eyes. I get that it's more replayable this way, but the levels never feel as good as a properly designed game. Ah well, it's still early in Early Access, maybe the combat and level design algorithm with get some tweaks.

Impotaku

Couldn't find a proper thread but this is getting a physical release for people who like owning their games. I have had this digitally for a while now & it's a game i really enjoy it's brutally hard but the artstyle is so damn appealing that i fight my way through just to see what amazing boss comes next i was annoyed that it was digital only like ghouls & ghosts resurrection but finally that's been fixed. The usa gets shafted by having to rely on limited run for a physical of this but it seems europe gets a regular retail physical release. amazon uk already has up both standard & collectors editions for preorder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom