• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get a better look at Claire and Leon in new Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness stills

New images of Claire Redfield and Leon Scott Kennedy from the latest Resident Evil CGI series, Resident Evil Infinite Darkness, have surfaced. The official NX Netflix Twitter account shared these stills. [Thanks, Famitsu!]

In the recently shared images, Leon S. Kennedy looks very much like himself, especially his Resident Evil 6 iteration. Additionally, Claire is wearing an outfit with color schemes reminiscent of her previous appearance in Resident Evil Revelations 2. You can take a look at Claire and Leon in the new Resident Evil Infinite Darkness stills below.

Claire-Redfield-Resident-Evil-Infinite-Darkness.jpg

Leon-S-Kennedy-Resident-Evil-Infinite-Darkness.jpg

Very little information has been disclosed about the upcoming series. Before the official announcement at Capcom’s Tokyo Game Show 2020 presentation, the trailer for the series had leaked on Twitter. What we do know about Resident Evil Infinite Darkness is that it will star Leon and Claire and that the duo will need to team up once again to defeat whatever lurks in the shadows.

Production Manager Yoshinaga Miyamoto (Resident Evil: Vendetta) will be in charge of the 3D CG animation production for Infinite Darkness. Additionally, Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi will be working on the project as well. Toms Entertainment will be producing Resident Evil Infinite Darkness.

Resident Evil Infinite Darkness will be available to stream through Netflix sometime in 2021.

It's looking good visually. I hope it's more like Resident Evil Degeneration and Damnation though (Vendetta wasn't very good in my opinion).

Rran

Claire looks like REmake 2 Claire, and Leon looks like RE6 Leon. Sort of odd but they look decent.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
It's looking good visually. I hope it's more like Resident Evil Degeneration and Damnation though (Vendetta wasn't very good in my opinion).
Damnation is great. Legitimately fun popcorn flick and the side characters weren't bad either. Giant Mr. X's were surprisingly effective. Didn't scare me but definitely made me feel uneasy.

Hmm Claire looked a lot better in the last game. Maybe it's the angle. Leon's backstory should be that his family owns a prestigious antique leather jacket store, his wardrobe is always maxed out.

Thank you man. That's real love right there. Barney the purple dinosaur taught you well.

It took years for me to get the courage to play the video games. Love RE now.
Haha, I got you. I remember playing RE1 back in the day, sweating bullets. Damn dog jumped through the window and it was a toss up between whether it was a heart attack or me shitting my pants that was going to end my run that day.

Last edited:
Haha, I got you. I remember playing RE1 back in the day, sweating bullets. Damn dog jumped through the window and it was a toss up between whether it was a heart attack or me shitting my pants that was going to end my run that day.
Lol that was me playing RE7. Freaking jump scares get me all the time. Didn't help that it was first person, and more horror focused. I turned the audio off just so I could finish it.

I grew up in a home that didn't allow horror movies/ games. So I missed alot of scary shit. I'm glad I'm able to experience all the horror entertainment now.

While it looks alright, this is the one with Wesker's kids as main characters, right? If so I'll probably pass unless I hear good things from people I trust

Airbus Jr

Banned
Claire look great here prettier than RE2 Remake

Leon...did you saw hot hot she is? Fullfill your duty and continue the Redfield bloodline !!

Last edited:

Larxia

CGI shows look so lazy nowadays, this just look like some in-game cutscene with high image quality.
There's just something that really doesn't work with me when looking at such stuff, it doesn't feel like watching an actual show, it feels off.
There are games from 10 - 15 years ago that had more impressive CGI cinematics, but this just look like an actual game.

GymWolf

Wtf they did to claire?! And here i thought that re2 remake version was bad enough...

Leon looks far better than remake tho.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I'd rather have more of these CGI films than the live-action ones. Looking forward to this one, although I don't expect it to be anything amazing.
I'm mixed on this. I enjoyed the live-action films even though they weren't that great or even good. The cgi films alway feel a bit lacking. I still want even more and more cgi game films.

I do wonder why they only do resident evil cg films. I really want a big budget street fighter cgi movie. Why not dino crisis?

Cla
New images of Claire Redfield and Leon Scott Kennedy from the latest Resident Evil CGI series, Resident Evil Infinite Darkness, have surfaced. The official NX Netflix Twitter account shared these stills. [Thanks, Famitsu!]

In the recently shared images, Leon S. Kennedy looks very much like himself, especially his Resident Evil 6 iteration. Additionally, Claire is wearing an outfit with color schemes reminiscent of her previous appearance in Resident Evil Revelations 2. You can take a look at Claire and Leon in the new Resident Evil Infinite Darkness stills below.

Claire-Redfield-Resident-Evil-Infinite-Darkness.jpg

Leon-S-Kennedy-Resident-Evil-Infinite-Darkness.jpg

Very little information has been disclosed about the upcoming series. Before the official announcement at Capcom’s Tokyo Game Show 2020 presentation, the trailer for the series had leaked on Twitter. What we do know about Resident Evil Infinite Darkness is that it will star Leon and Claire and that the duo will need to team up once again to defeat whatever lurks in the shadows.

Production Manager Yoshinaga Miyamoto (Resident Evil: Vendetta) will be in charge of the 3D CG animation production for Infinite Darkness. Additionally, Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi will be working on the project as well. Toms Entertainment will be producing Resident Evil Infinite Darkness.

Resident Evil Infinite Darkness will be available to stream through Netflix sometime in 2021.

Claire Looks awesome, something in Leon is off but they're both really good

Valentino

Ohh right! So this is a CGI series? I thought they were also doing a live action series? Or was that just the reboot movie? And wasn’t that movie going to be a Netflix movie?

synce

Would be great if they kept Claire's face consistent for more than ONE game or movie. Doesn't help that most have been ugly. CV Claire is the only true Claire.

martino

will claire keep the same face between two materials she appears in ?
leon is more stable since re6

Last edited:
I dont think Claire looks so pretty in the OP. I guess there would've been SJW backlash if they gave her a really pretty face though.

Arachnid

Wtf they did to claire?! And here i thought that re2 remake version was bad enough...

Leon looks far better than remake tho.
Leon looks worse here than any other iteration. He looks like Troy Baker, and it's bugging me. Super off. RE2make was one of Leons best looks, up there with RE4 IMO

Claire looks better than RE2make at least (and Rev2), but could still use some work.

As far as the RE2make voice actors returning though, I'm wondering if Nick Apostolides can make Leon sound sufficiently older. He almost sounded like a teen in RE2make. Even his normal voice (in interviews) seems a bit far from Leon.

Claire's voice actress should be perfect though.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Leon looks worse here than any other iteration. He looks like Troy Baker, and it's bugging me. Super off. RE2make was one of Leons best looks, up there with RE4 IMO

Claire looks better than RE2make at least (and Rev2), but could still use some work.

As far as the RE2make voice actors returning though, I'm wondering if Nick Apostolides can make Leon sound sufficiently older. He almost sounded like a teen in RE2make. Even his normal voice (in interviews) seems a bit far from Leon.

I didn't liked young leon face in remake.

Fbh

Preferences aside, it's weird that now that the games have pretty realistic visuals too they don't keep the look of the characters consistent.

Is it cheaper to pay a new model/actor for every new project than paying just one actor/model for multiple ones?

kiphalfton

Claire looks like REmake 2 Claire, and Leon looks like RE6 Leon. Sort of odd but they look decent.

Disagree what you said about Claire (she looks like a duck in RE2 Remake), it agree with what you said about Leon.

Doesn't look anything like Troy Baker. Troy has a long narrow/skinny face. Leon here has a wider, more-square face and wider, more prominent nose.

Last edited:
Happy to see they're bringing back the voice talent from RE2R. Never really been a fan of the animated RE movies, but I'll give this one a go and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom