• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany hate crime: Nearly 10 attacks a day on migrants in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theosmeo

While I do not agree with the OP's rhetoric, I do think there are issues in the current migrant crisis that need to be addressed. Germany stepped up in a big way, and they were perhaps a bit ambitious with the amount of people they pledged to house in. I've also heard of complaints in Sweden about them having a housing shortage before taking in a large influx of migrants.

So yes, there are problems that can arise from taking in a large influx of migrants without fully being prepared with the necessary infrastructure to house such a large number of people in such a short period of time.

but what is the best solution to this problem? the best solution I know of is for more countries to step up to the plate. Countries like Germany are being overwhelmed taking in so many people because there aren't a whole lot of other countries taking such a pledge. I feel the US in particular is in a better place to take in more refugees, not just because of our size, but the fact that we're in a location of the world where very few of these migrants are arriving on their own. In Europe many people are arriving first and then applying for refugee status, where as in the US the bulk of the people we take in are coming from the UN refugee program.

When we see countries like Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Germany, and Sweden being overwhelmed with migrants, the international response should be to make greater pledges to house more migrants, but instead more and more countries are responding by closing their gates. In the end, this just makes the migrant crisis worse, and creates a greater burden on the nations that have already pledged to house such a large number of these migrants.

As for the domestic backlash that is occurring, you can't blame this on the migrants themselves. They don't have a whole lot of options, people are responding to the number that Germany has pledged by vowing to house far fewer than Germany. The migrants are left with no other choice than to go to the countries that are already overwhelmed.

Excellent post, I 100% agree

Wow OP got thoroughly shat upon. Haven't seen a thread backfire quite like this.

think about what he is saying. people got away from places like syria where they actually have to fear for their lives to germany and once they reached germany some criminals use them (and probably other citizens that got to germany beforehand) as a target to express their racist worldviews and here comes OP justifying this shit.

its like that mayor of cologne a year ago that blamed the women instead of the criminals

While I do not agree with the OP's rhetoric, I do think there are issues in the current migrant crisis that need to be addressed. Germany stepped up in a big way, and they were perhaps a bit ambitious with the amount of people they pledged to house in. I've also heard of complaints in Sweden about them having a housing shortage before taking in a large influx of migrants.

So yes, there are problems that can arise from taking in a large influx of migrants without fully being prepared with the necessary infrastructure to house such a large number of people in such a short period of time.

but what is the best solution to this problem? the best solution I know of is for more countries to step up to the plate. Countries like Germany are being overwhelmed taking in so many people because there aren't a whole lot of other countries taking such a pledge. I feel the US in particular is in a better place to take in more refugees, not just because of our size, but the fact that we're in a location of the world where very few of these migrants are arriving on their own. In Europe many people are arriving first and then applying for refugee status, where as in the US the bulk of the people we take in are coming from the UN refugee program.

When we see countries like Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Germany, and Sweden being overwhelmed with migrants, the international response should be to make greater pledges to house more migrants, but instead more and more countries are responding by closing their gates. In the end, this just makes the migrant crisis worse, and creates a greater burden on the nations that have already pledged to house such a large number of these migrants.

As for the domestic backlash that is occurring, you can't blame this on the migrants themselves. They don't have a whole lot of options, people are responding to the number that Germany has pledged by vowing to house far fewer than Germany. The migrants are left with no other choice than to go to the countries that are already overwhelmed.

Quoting this because these are great points, and it diverts from the other rubbish in this thread.

norinrad

I always tell my friends Germany is a fucking awesome place, but there are also hidden elements that have managed to stay under the radar for a long time. Some are probably even in the security services, protecting those who are up to no good.

Certain member states of the EU have also let Germany down. When it comes to solidarity some seem not to be interested at all, because it's big bad Germany asking for it.

Chinner

Banned
Wow OP got thoroughly shat upon. Haven't seen a thread backfire quite like this.
Deserved it. He used victim blaming as an opportunity to push his political beliefs. Also notice that he has run away from this thread as people are calling him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom