• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geometry Wars

stewy

Before everyone gets here and starts whining about microtransactions, it's nice to see that this game will also be available on the PGR3 disc for free.

Lends credence to the notion that themes may be included with games for free, or downloaded on Live Marketplace if you don't want to buy the game.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Question: I know that the game comes with PGR3, so for those of us who own it, will it be unlocked as an Arcade title or anything like that? Because it might be a hassle to boot up PGR3 everytime I want to play Geometry Wars. In that case I'd probably just pay the $5 to have it on my hard drive.

IJoel

vatstep said:
Question: I know that the game comes with PGR3, so for those of us who own it, will it be unlocked as an Arcade title or anything like that? Because it might be a hassle to boot up PGR3 everytime I want to play Geometry Wars. In that case I'd probably just pay the $5 to have it on my hard drive.

Nope. AFAIK, they are different versions. The version of GW in PGR3 is time limited. I suppose the Xbox Live Arcade version includes different modes.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
IJoel said:
Nope. AFAIK, they are different versions. The version of GW in PGR3 is time limited. I suppose the Xbox Live Arcade version includes different modes.

Yes. The Live Arcade is the "full" version of the game.

Still $5 for the best minigame ever is well worth it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely spend the $5 for the full version. God, I'm gonna be such a whore for microtransactions.

epmode

SnowWolf said:
Yes. The Live Arcade is the "full" version of the game.

Still $5 for the best minigame ever is well worth it.
Not when we got the full version of Geometry Wars 1 with PGR2.

Anyway, if the only thing missing from the PGR3 version is the leaderboards, I'm fine with the 2 versions. But if it artifically limits playtime..

It limits the playtime to five minutes, and has faster-ramping difficulty. If you are a stud and kicking some serious ass, the game will ramp up much faster than the normal version does, resulting in a very fast, intense game.

I don't know why everybody doesn't believe this.

If you want the version you can play for hours, you spend $5. Like it or leave it.

Both have scoreboards, I believe.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
m0dus said:
And how has the rehab been, exactly? because there still seem to be some residual side effects . . .

I've always thought it was an accidental banning?

Anyway, don't worry. I'm done. People can't seem to take anything in jest. Why get offended over a tongue in cheek comment?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
m0dus said:
Because you're not jesting, my friend. It all comes off as rather passive-aggressive. Or rather, if you're trying to jest, you just really, really suck at it. :)

Well then, I sincerely apologize. We'll wrap that up and I will attempt to better refrain myself from such comments.

By the way, I have a 360 beside me right now, so I can't despise it all THAT much.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
looks kinda fun. I take it that is 2 analogue sticks for moving and shooting?

BojTrek

Banned
The videos for this game look sweet... does it play like Asteroids or Robotron?

I love firework type looking explosions...

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
m0dus said:
I wondered what was making those whimpering noises ;-)

Want it? I'll give you a good Buy it Now price ;)

Well I'm out. Used the snowstorm as an excuse to skip the morning. Ciao.

Top Bottom