• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact Pre-load and PC requiremens

The cimbling is surprising fun and challengening.

The real issue is swimming. Seems like a real dumb choice to use stamina for swimming. Makes even falling in the water by accident a cancer.

Breath of the Wild was the same way. Swimming in that game also used stamina. And at least this game doesn't have random rainstorms to make climbing a huge pain in the ass.

Lol. Im definitely ashamed of myself for buying an early pre load. This will be the first F2P game I have ever played. Dam my jrpg addiction!

The unfortunate thing is that the pre-load bundle has way less value than the battle pass. But the real mistake would be spending money on the 0.6% chance offered by the gacha system. The game should offer tons of gameplay without it, anyway. f2p games can actually be quite good, though. It all depends on the developer, and the choices they make.

Pejo

Yikes, just read that the fastest "reroll" is about a half hour, and that's playing fairly optimized (not wasting time reading stuff or fighting unnecessary enemies. Guess they really didn't want a bunch of junk accounts at launch.

Larxia

The cimbling is surprising fun and challengening.

The real issue is swimming. Seems like a real dumb choice to use stamina for swimming. Makes even falling in the water by accident a cancer.
Botw was the same way, needed stamina to swim, and you drown when out of stamina.

Alright, now you know what I know. Have fun guys, see you in Teyvat! If this game actually gets an |OT| we can share friend codes or whatever.

I've been following this game fairly closely, so I'd be happy to make an OT. I've already started typing something up, so I should have it ready before launch.

Kazza

I've been following this game fairly closely, so I'd be happy to make an OT. I've already started typing something up, so I should have it ready before launch.

tenor.gif

Mista

Banned
Here’s maybe a few relevant things to know.

The game will have NA, EU, and SEA (Southeast Asia) servers. CN (China) went live last week.

The game is cross-play with 4-player co-op across all platforms on the same server. However, PS4 is NOT cross-save, so any PS4 account can only be progressed on PS4. PC and mobile are cross-save, you can resume progress from any platform.

If you wish to be able to spend money on any mobile platform, the trick is apparently to create your account on PC first. If you create your account on iOS or Android first, it locks you to that platform’s store. I don’t recommend you spend money on this game though, more below.

During closed and open beta, the game struggled on PS4. One hopes it has been optimized a lot since then. This game will murder weaker phones and tablets, and in fact hardware requirements are strict enough that many people are finding their devices are being listed as incompatible on Google Play Store.

There is no native controller support on phones and tablets. Honkai Impact was the same way.

There are no plans for Xbox support. Nintendo Switch version is planned for the future, ETA is unknown.

The entire game’s story can be completed with just the story units you are given. There is no need to spend any money if all you want to do is see the game’s story.

The game is PvE only, so there is no need to spend any money to participate in the nonexistent PvP. This is good because PvP in gacha games is invariably cancer, AIDS, Ebola, and coronavirus combined into a neat package.

If Honkai is anything to go by, this game will be a huge whale trap. The SSR pull rate for a combined units + weapons gacha is 0.6%. No I did not just fucking stutter. And if Honkai is anything to go by, in order for the unit to not be worthless you will always need the specific weapon for the unit in addition to the unit itself. Basically if you are not planning on spending literally thousands of US dollars don’t fucking bother, just play for free.

The $10 “Starter Package” on PS4 is a joke. Don’t waste your money.

Alright, now you know what I know. Have fun guys, see you in Teyvat! If this game actually gets an |OT| we can share friend codes or whatever.
Thanks for your time mate. Appreciate it
Go ahead brother. I’m sure you’ll knock this one out of the park

Nehezir

Banned
it basically looks like Tales of Zestiria with marginally better but still basic bitch action jrpg combat and a gacha component.

Not that bad, I guess.

JSoup

Banned
So when is this thing playable, anyway?
Site says Monday, but my PS4 unlock time is set for six hours from now.

Sentenza

I'm fully expecting this to turn out as a grindy piece of trash, but I'd love to be positively surprised by it.

Last edited:

Nattan

Been waiting for this for a long time. I haven't spent a single cent playing gacha games and I'll be doing the same for this.

Last edited:

OT is up. Hopefully it will help people understand the game a bit before jumping in.

Top Bottom