• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact Pre-load and PC requiremens

Mista

Banned
genshin-impact-key-visual-uhdpaper.com-4K-7.1265-wp.thumbnail.jpg

The specific times are:
PC
Pre-load starting time: September 26, 2020 10:00 (GMT+8), 02:00 (UTC); September 25, 2020 19:00 (PDT)

iOS&Android
Pre-load starting time: September 27, 2020 14:00 (GMT+8), 06:00 (UTC); September 26, 2020 23:00 (PDT)

PS4
Pre-Order Travelers: September 26, 2020 00:00 (GMT+8); September 25, 2020 16:00 (UTC), 09:00 (PDT)
All Travelers:September 28, 2020 00:00 (GMT+8); September 27, 2020 16:00 (UTC), 09:00 (PDT)
Travelers can stay tuned to Genshin Impact's official site!

Q1: What are the recommended specifications for PC?
A1:
Recommended Specifications:
Operating Systems: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, or Windows 10 64-bit (Windows 10 dev builds are not currently supported)
Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB or better
DirectX Version: 11
Storage Space: 30 GB of available storage space

Minimum Specifications:
Operating Systems: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, or Windows 10 64-bit (Windows 10 dev builds are not currently supported)
Processor: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 1030 or better
DirectX Version: 11
Storage Space: 30 GB of available storage space

—————————————
Notice: This game has a rootkit “anti-cheat” on PC

Also a tip from fellow gaffer LegendOfKage LegendOfKage

And this is something else everyone should know before playing: When starting the game, only wish on the beginner banner, and only wish using sets of 10 wishes. Doing this twice will unlock at least two new characters. Using the standard banner or a promotional banner can result in getting weapons only, and those are much easier to obtain than characters, so don't do that. The Beginners' banner is strongly recommended.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
I still find it amazing that even after all these years I still see the 1060 6gb stated as the recommended card. It's got to be one of the longest lasting cards of all time lol

Mista

Banned
For the people interested, pre-load from here

Saber

Gold Member
I hope the experience is better overall.

From my time playing, the FPS drops drastically on tense moments and even in times when the game isn't doing anything.

Also, expecting some overwolrd and XP balances. Cause there wouldn't be more reason to continue back to the game if it's nothing more spamming time trial challanges and transcend penalty.

Pejo

So wait, this officially releases on the 28th right? Who the fuck picks a Monday to release a game?

mcz117chief

It started to auto-download for me yesterday exactly 48 hours before launch. That is very nice of them :)

So wait, this officially releases on the 28th right? Who the fuck picks a Monday to release a game?

It is Sunday evening for us and we have a national holiday on Monday so I got plenty of time to play it :)

Last edited:

Pejo

The load is real. Even download speed is struggling
Well you've got 2 days at least.

This seems a lot like their client for HI:3rd. If it is, you can expect the client to run fine, but in-game updates never seem to work right. I always have to restart the game 2-3 times after a big update.

Aion002

Says it's a gocha based free to play game. What is gocha?
It's gacha.

Gacha comes from the Gashapon thingies from Japan:

71WAr%2Bhow1L._AC_UX522_.jpg

Are machines that after you put some money on it releases a capsule with a random thingie (toys/collectibles).

Gacha games are games that have random characters and/or weapons, were you spend currency to get some random thing.

Basically.... The first loot boxes ever on video games.

The most famous games are Fate Grand Order and Dragon Ball Dookan, both are F2P and the players receives limited in game currency to make pulls/summons to get characters and items randomly, if the player wants to make more pulls he must pay for in game currency.

It might be hell or paradise when you make a summon.... But most of times is hell.

gacha%20hell%202.png

I didn't play Borderlands but I think I explained it easily enough. For more info click on the link in my post.
I've seen those vending machines be played by streamers and such so I get the concept. I just didn't know how it was implemented in this game specifically since I'd imagine there would be many ways it could be.

Here’s maybe a few relevant things to know.

The game will have NA, EU, and SEA (Southeast Asia) servers. CN (China) went live last week.

The game is cross-play with 4-player co-op across all platforms on the same server. However, PS4 is NOT cross-save, so any PS4 account can only be progressed on PS4. PC and mobile are cross-save, you can resume progress from any platform.

If you wish to be able to spend money on any mobile platform, the trick is apparently to create your account on PC first. If you create your account on iOS or Android first, it locks you to that platform’s store. I don’t recommend you spend money on this game though, more below.

During closed and open beta, the game struggled on PS4. One hopes it has been optimized a lot since then. This game will murder weaker phones and tablets, and in fact hardware requirements are strict enough that many people are finding their devices are being listed as incompatible on Google Play Store.

There is no native controller support on phones and tablets. Honkai Impact was the same way.

There are no plans for Xbox support. Nintendo Switch version is planned for the future, ETA is unknown.

The entire game’s story can be completed with just the story units you are given. There is no need to spend any money if all you want to do is see the game’s story.

The game is PvE only, so there is no need to spend any money to participate in the nonexistent PvP. This is good because PvP in gacha games is invariably cancer, AIDS, Ebola, and coronavirus combined into a neat package.

If Honkai is anything to go by, this game will be a huge whale trap. The SSR pull rate for a combined units + weapons gacha is 0.6%. No I did not just fucking stutter. And if Honkai is anything to go by, in order for the unit to not be worthless you will always need the specific weapon for the unit in addition to the unit itself. Basically if you are not planning on spending literally thousands of US dollars don’t fucking bother, just play for free.

The $10 “Starter Package” on PS4 is a joke. Don’t waste your money.

Alright, now you know what I know. Have fun guys, see you in Teyvat! If this game actually gets an |OT| we can share friend codes or whatever.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I've seen those vending machines be played by streamers and such so I get the concept. I just didn't know how it was implemented in this game specifically since I'd imagine there would be many ways it could be.
Just like in any other game, you pay money and get a random reward, that's it.

Gacha is the most common monetization model for mobile games from Asia. I guess I’m not surprised a lot of Westerners don’t know about it but anyone who plays mobile games which originate there will know all about the gacha.

There are randomized loot boxes in Fortnite and Call of Duty and FIFA so the idea isn’t completely foreign, but unlike most Western games where it’s usually cosmetics or it’s possible to just grind for the item, with most of the Asian games you must participate in the random rolling mechanic or you will not be able to get anything and the units you must roll for define the gameplay balance.

0.6% is one of the worst gacha rates around, so yeah spending money is not a good idea unless you are prepared to spend big. Someone calculated that in order to trigger the pity mechanic and effectively “buy” the unit you want, you will have to spend $177 or just be reallly lucky with that pull rate.

Last edited:
Mista Mista The PC version of this game apparently has the same sort of invasive anti-cheat as Valorant. You all might want to read up on that situation before deciding if you want to install the game or not.

Oh for fuck sake not another rootkit!

The game is PvE why would we need this?

Yeah, you might consider adding that info to the first post.

And this is something else everyone should know before playing: When starting the game, only wish on the beginner banner, and only wish using sets of 10 wishes. Doing this twice will unlock at least two new characters. Using the standard banner or a promotional banner can result in getting weapons only, and those are much easier to obtain than characters, so don't do that. The Beginners' banner is strongly recommended.

martino

Mista Mista The PC version of this game apparently has the same sort of invasive anti-cheat as Valorant. You all might want to read up on that situation before deciding if you want to install the game or not.
sadly i have already preloaded it to test.
There is already a workaround
it's to create a bat file with
genshin remove anticheat.bat said:
sc stop mhyprot2
sc delete mhyprot2
and launch it with admin right
it removes the service if launched after you stop playing the game client
i've tested it works but
tenor.gif

Last edited:
0.6% is one of the worst gacha rates around, so yeah spending money is not a good idea unless you are prepared to spend big. Someone calculated that in order to trigger the pity mechanic and effectively “buy” the unit you want, you will have to spend $177 or just be reallly lucky with that pull rate.

$177 sounds bad, but I've heard that it's even worse than that. I watched a video that said the most you could end up paying for each 5 star character would be over 400 dollars. Either way, yeah, don't put money into this game.

Last edited:

martino

feel like gacha is there unlike it was said in posts above (should have watched those videos)
it's installed and i will launch it at least one time now but if progress is tied to lootboxes i will quickly remove it.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

Done. Thank you

Saber

Gold Member

Getting new characters aside from the starter ones is terrible from my experience on beta.

CAB_Life

It’s more about the mobile market and schedule than the PS4 in this instance. Mobile gamers are thirsty as fuck for this and it’s the market where they’ll make most of their MTX sales.

Is this that BOTW-type game? (That's not Immortals).
Yes this is The Legend of China: Breath of the Waifu

Although from what people are saying, it's not quite the same freeform climbing that BOTW made famous. It's much more limited in that regard.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
i've just preloaded it on PS4 and can't wait to try it monday. I love open world games with big emphasizing on exploration and the DA is cool. I've played Summoners War on android for 5+ years so the gacha aspect is ok for me, but yeah don't be too carried or you can spend hundred of dollars, it's never worth it.

Saber

Gold Member
Yes this is The Legend of China: Breath of the Waifu

Although from what people are saying, it's not quite the same freeform climbing that BOTW made famous. It's much more limited in that regard.

The cimbling is surprising fun and challengening.

The real issue is swimming. Seems like a real dumb choice to use stamina for swimming. Makes even falling in the water by accident a cancer.

Top Bottom