• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

So Dregnel Dregnel Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
What did you guys think of the finale? Considering the word "impact" is in the title, the end of part 1 had zero impact to me. Everything felt so rushed, they never actually had any sort of struggle against Kevin, there were no stakes, nothing to really overcome. Everything just came to them so easily. Then at the end, there isn't even really any consequence to anything, they're just gonna play video games while Kiana neets for a few years.

I'm really let down by everything since Elysian Realm arc. Technobabble, random ass philosophy, poor translation, and a huge wet fart ending, that's all it's been. The only good thing about this last section has been the stages looked amazing visually and the in-game animations and QTE's during the Kevin fight were amazing. Really hoping part 2 is more Elysian Realm and less whatever the fuck this has been.

I also don't want to see more Kiana/Mei/Bronya for a while. Nor do I want to see more Herrschers for at least 6 months, which is likely given the fact that Kiana's sucking up the Herrscher juice.

My personal hope for part 2 is that every new valk has the jump button in their kit like APHO2. I'd ideally like it to be light attack/heavy attack/special/jump/dodge, but that might be dreaming too big. That AI-Chan new engine trailer looks great, looks to be the version of Unity that Genshin runs on, so I have high hopes that the new open worlds will look (and perform) better.

Also, that book with all the CG scenes and timeline in it is great. That should be a feature not a limited time item, IMO.

Fuz

Banned
Weird thing, gonna ask reddit psychos but I don't understand how the hell I can't craft more:

WTF.jpg

Is there a weekly limit?

EDIT: Okay, there's a daily limit. I didn't knew that.

Last edited:

Fake

Weird thing, gonna ask reddit psychos but I don't understand how the hell I can't craft more:

WTF.jpg

Is there a weekly limit?

EDIT: Okay, there's a daily limit. I didn't knew that.

Day per day. Is nonsense since the beta. Just to force you to either login in the next day or buy material boxes.
Early playing this game was a nightmare.

Pejo

Day per day. Is nonsense since the beta. Just to force you to either login in the next day or buy material boxes.
Early playing this game was a nightmare.
I think it was a feeble attempt at the start of the game to get people to spend Resin on Mystic Ore crafting (which is "unlimited") as a resin sink. Only the biggest whales and idiots ever actually did that though.

Pejo

The longer this game goes on, the more pointless many of the resources become. I have tons of mora, tons of exp books, tons of ore. I hardly get to spend any of it because I don't get many new characters or weapons.
Yea that won't change though. In Honkai, here's what my gold (mora equivalent) looks like after a few years, not ever farming for it and spending it as liberally as possible:

L7QVz3F.jpg

I think Fuz Fuz was at 100 mil in Genshin already too, sitting on his empire.

The nice thing in Genshin is that we get enough mora/xp books through events now that I don't really ever have to farm it anymore, even when I get a new character. I still need a shitload of talent books and weapon mats though, to get everything to lv 10 and 9/9/9 on talents.

BJK

Another really good Nilou art. I'm not even particularly a fan of her, but this art is fantastic.

Having passed on Yelan (didn’t want another bow user), and with the disappointment of Dehya, I find myself with over 180 draws saved up. Wondering how Nilou pairs with Nahida, Yaoyao, or Dendro traveler.

If not her….I might be saving up until Fontaine (or a surprise Zhongli constellation opportunity).

Pejo

Having passed on Yelan (didn’t want another bow user), and with the disappointment of Dehya, I find myself with over 180 draws saved up. Wondering how Nilou pairs with Nahida, Yaoyao, or Dendro traveler.

If not her….I might be saving up until Fontaine (or a surprise Zhongli constellation opportunity).
If you don't mind the ultra restrictive team compositions, she's really strong in a Dendro/Hydro team. Nahida is the obvious "necessity" but Dendo traveler, Kokomi, Yaoyao, and probably the upcoming Kaveh/Baizhu are gonna be really strong.

Saber

Gold Member
The problem with Dendro Traveler is that his elemental skill does basically nothing for a mid cooldown time. Perhaps sacrificial could remedy this but again it does gain nothing from the skill itself, it could use an extra effect or a reduction in the cooldown. His burst is ok, nothing really outstanding but not bad either specially when you don't use Pyro at its core.

Last edited:

Fake

Traveler anemo IMO is the only better version. Low CD, generate particles very effective, last hit wind blade. Is my only char with lvl max in everything.

Dendro traveler sucks fucking hard. IDK what they're thinking of that terrible elemental skill. Huge CD and do fucking nothing. His elemental skill is basic a Kaeya dendro elemental skill with higher CD. If the CD was low I would even reconsider.

I wonder how good of an investment Nilou will be considering the (probably) large amounts of hydro characters we'll be getting in Fontaine.

I guess after the hydro ressonance Nilou became a better investment than before, not to mention her C1 is quite good. If you use C6 Xingu, you not only get tons of ER, but you reduce enemy hydro res. Boost with an anemo char with 4-set anemo.

Pejo

The problem with Dendro Traveler is that his elemental skill does basically nothing for a mid cooldown time. Perhaps sacrificial could remedy this but again it does gain nothing from the skill itself, it could use an extra effect or a reduction in the cooldown. His burst is ok, nothing really outstanding but not bad either specially when you don't use Pyro at its core.
Yea his burst is really good though, especially with the Hydro effect. If you play Draveler on a Nilou team, you basically need to run 2/2 Hydro/Dendro so you get enough Dendro particles to keep his burst active.

I might go for C1 on my Nilou when her rerun rolls around, we'll see.

Pejo

New weekly boss music in 3.6:

I like it.

*edit*

Just did all of the vibro-crystal battle event in 1 sitting now that they're all unlocked. It was pretty fun. My C6 Childe absolutely wrecked the stages with many fast spawning small/medium sized enemy groups. His C4 is just insane for that type of content. It's kinda crazy how much easier Dendro makes group damage content. I still think Vape/Melt is the way to go for stronger 1 on 1 bosses and big enemies though.

Few more high tier arts:

Last edited:

Pejo

So some guy did a huge survey across various subreddits about various demographics/preferences, and the results can be found here:

The TL;DW summary is that reddit's Genshin fanbase is full of women and LBGTQ+, Anemo males being the most overall popular because of this. So Anemo is the least manly element confirmed.

Really puts things into perspective though on why everyone out there is a censorship apologist and why it feels like you're in bizzarro land sometimes when you read the comments.

Pejo

New bow:

yb999691ptoa1.jpg

Looks Geo themed, which probably means Geo catgirl is 5* after all, considering most 4*s don't have a signature weapon.

Fuz

Banned
So some guy did a huge survey across various subreddits about various demographics/preferences, and the results can be found here:

The TL;DW summary is that reddit's Genshin fanbase is full of women and LBGTQ+, Anemo males being the most overall popular because of this. So Anemo is the least manly element confirmed.

Really puts things into perspective though on why everyone out there is a censorship apologist and why it feels like you're in bizzarro land sometimes when you read the comments.

Oh boy, he goes on "LIYUE BEST NATION" too.

Edit: Oh, I finally understood why everyone calls him "John Lee". Yeah, americans are pronouncing it wrong.

Edit2: Ok, it's a trash survey. Pointless from the start (redditors, lol) and completely plagued by recency bias (and antiscientific issues). Useless.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

So Dregnel Dregnel Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
What did you guys think of the finale? Considering the word "impact" is in the title, the end of part 1 had zero impact to me. Everything felt so rushed, they never actually had any sort of struggle against Kevin, there were no stakes, nothing to really overcome. Everything just came to them so easily. Then at the end, there isn't even really any consequence to anything, they're just gonna play video games while Kiana neets for a few years.

I'm really let down by everything since Elysian Realm arc. Technobabble, random ass philosophy, poor translation, and a huge wet fart ending, that's all it's been. The only good thing about this last section has been the stages looked amazing visually and the in-game animations and QTE's during the Kevin fight were amazing. Really hoping part 2 is more Elysian Realm and less whatever the fuck this has been.

I also don't want to see more Kiana/Mei/Bronya for a while. Nor do I want to see more Herrschers for at least 6 months, which is likely given the fact that Kiana's sucking up the Herrscher juice.

My personal hope for part 2 is that every new valk has the jump button in their kit like APHO2. I'd ideally like it to be light attack/heavy attack/special/jump/dodge, but that might be dreaming too big. That AI-Chan new engine trailer looks great, looks to be the version of Unity that Genshin runs on, so I have high hopes that the new open worlds will look (and perform) better.

Also, that book with all the CG scenes and timeline in it is great. That should be a feature not a limited time item, IMO.
Yeah it went by really quickly, but I mean when kiana and durandal were talking at the end, she even said saving the world was easy, so it seems to be on purpose?
But yeah the last few chapters had been way too wordy, if it wasn't for AI lamda, I would've zoned out ages ago; the fight and cutscenes with kevin were indeed damn good, you could tell they were pushing the honkai engine to the max, but it also feels like they were constantly a few stops short of truly epic.
Like the first scene is you flying to the moon with what felt a bit like warframe's railjack, but instead of some freeform flight or even fighting intruders on the ship (or outside), it was just a little on rail segment; cool but not going all the way.
Then when hyperion shows all the messages of the crew and the players, it felt a bit like Nier automata's credit sequence, but again where nier goes all the way and makes it mindblowingly epic, here the moment is cool for a second and then you kinda forget about it; it would've been way nicer if it had some effects during the fight as well.
And then there's the sequence where you have to do the dodges and the QTEs, which again are cool, but once again short of going all the way with it like CC2 and their naruto games or asura's wrath.
Finally there's the sequence with kevin at the end, which reminded me of MGS4's final sequence, but they don't let you full absorb the moment; you hit him a few times and then it goes into the mashing sequence and it's over.

So all in all, many little bits of cool, but not sticking the landing as a full experience.
There's still an animated short coming up to finish it all up, but yeah it felt like the ending just kinda fizzles out right after you beat kevin.
And yeah the memories book should just be permanent, there's no reason for it not to be.

Pejo

Yeah it went by really quickly, but I mean when kiana and durandal were talking at the end, she even said saving the world was easy, so it seems to be on purpose?
But yeah the last few chapters had been way too wordy, if it wasn't for AI lamda, I would've zoned out ages ago; the fight and cutscenes with kevin were indeed damn good, you could tell they were pushing the honkai engine to the max, but it also feels like they were constantly a few stops short of truly epic.
Like the first scene is you flying to the moon with what felt a bit like warframe's railjack, but instead of some freeform flight or even fighting intruders on the ship (or outside), it was just a little on rail segment; cool but not going all the way.
Then when hyperion shows all the messages of the crew and the players, it felt a bit like Nier automata's credit sequence, but again where nier goes all the way and makes it mindblowingly epic, here the moment is cool for a second and then you kinda forget about it; it would've been way nicer if it had some effects during the fight as well.
And then there's the sequence where you have to do the dodges and the QTEs, which again are cool, but once again short of going all the way with it like CC2 and their naruto games or asura's wrath.
Finally there's the sequence with kevin at the end, which reminded me of MGS4's final sequence, but they don't let you full absorb the moment; you hit him a few times and then it goes into the mashing sequence and it's over.

So all in all, many little bits of cool, but not sticking the landing as a full experience.
There's still an animated short coming up to finish it all up, but yeah it felt like the ending just kinda fizzles out right after you beat kevin.
And yeah the memories book should just be permanent, there's no reason for it not to be.
You are a lot more forgiving than I am. The Otto chapter, while not perfect, was handled infinitely better than Kevin's arc, IMO. After letting it set in and having more time to think about it, they really nerfed the danger of Honkai itself over the last few chapters. By making Kiana fall back asswards into Finality, Honkai is effectively a completely non-threat now. They just completely explained the whole thing away with "oh yea the Coccoon is basically telling Kiana how to handle Honkai, so we're good now". I hope the follow-up has some more screentime with like Hare/Prometheus/the moon gang/World Serpent etc. I am just not a fan of any part of how they treated this arc. Doesn't sound like the majority of CN server liked it either, so hopefully it causes them to take a step back and evaluate.

I think the biggest mistake was just telling us straight up that Kiana will be fine, is just chilling on the moon, and can talk to people/have visitors/etc. They should have at least made it ambiguous whether she survived or was still the same person etc.

Also also I knew it felt familiar, but that Kevin giant form was basically just a reskin of the APHO2 boss. At least HoO Mei is super fun, that's the one nice thing I have to say about the patch.

Pejo

c91av49e74pa1.png

Well, I don't know if her kit problems were the sole reason, but in CN iOS, Dehya/Cyno banners absolutely tanked. Lowest double banner of all time. At least MHY wasn't rewarded for such bullshittery.

Pejo

New Inazuma character, estimated to debut 3.8

13gab2wpr4pa1.png

m6h4swpor4pa1.png

*edit*

Not that there was anybody in here particularly excited for him, but Mika supposedly doesn't have good synergy with harder content and bosses:

As it turns out, Mika has a pretty significant flaw: against a single target, he will only generate 1 Detector stack and basically only give you 10% Physical damage bonus against bosses. This is because when his Hold elemental skill hits, the Rimestar Flare it creates can only target different enemies, so to actually get 40% bonus you need 4 enemies around. RIP.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Got Ayaka and levelled her to 90. Weapon, artifacts, talent priority recommendations please.

My Ayaka is 10 burst, lvl 8 AA and lvl 3 skill.

Artifact 4-set recharge+burst - I put her in the same team as Diona. So she almost aways have her burst ready to shred anybody. Extremelly usefull against those stupid enemy trends of being immune to CC. Being immune to CC means they aren't gonna be pushed by her burst, which means almost full damage.

My Ayaka team compostion:
Yanfei + Diona + Ayaka + Kazuha.

I'm not expert though. But you could also invest on her AA though since she basically gets 100% cryo, meaning permafrozen for hydro enemies and teams that have good hydro application.

Ayaka is as close to a cryo catalyst that we've got right now. Very useful against the hydro heralds.

I already have Ayaka though. Just thinking about her C1. But since I often use her aa, it could be usefull.

Last edited:
My Ayaka is 10 burst, lvl 8 AA and lvl 3 skill.

Artifact 4-set recharge+burst - I put her in the same team as Diona. So she almost aways have her burst ready to shred anybody. Extremelly usefull against those stupid enemy trends of being immune to CC. Being immune to CC means they aren't gonna be pushed by her burst, which means almost full damage.

My Ayaka team compostion:
Yanfei + Diona + Ayaka + Kazuha.

I'm not expert though. But you could also invest on her AA though since she basically gets 100% cryo, meaning permafrozen for hydro enemies and teams that have good hydro application.

I already have Ayaka though. Just thinking about her C1. But since I often use her aa, it could be usefull.
What is the artifact set name?

Got Ayaka and levelled her to 90. Weapon, artifacts, talent priority recommendations please.
Her best F2P weapon is probably the Amenoma Kageuchi, the craftable sword from Inazuma. It gives ATK% and satisfies some of her energy requirements through its passive. This weapon benefits a lot from refinements, so craft multiple if you can.

Blizzard Strayer is her best set for freeze teams. It offers a massive 40% crit rate against frozen opponents and 15% cryo DMG bonus. For (sub)stats prioritize crit DMG, ATK%, crit rate & energy recharge in that order. Make sure you don't have too much crit rate or too little ER in your substats. Obviously she needs a cryo goblet.

As for her talents, you should just triple crown her. For now, the burst has priority, then normal attacks and finally the skill.

Her best F2P weapon is probably the Amenoma Kageuchi, the craftable sword from Inazuma. It gives ATK% and satisfies some of her energy requirements through its passive. This weapon benefits a lot from refinements, so craft multiple if you can.

Blizzard Strayer is her best set for freeze teams. It offers a massive 40% crit rate against frozen opponents and 15% cryo DMG bonus. For (sub)stats prioritize crit DMG, ATK%, crit rate & energy recharge in that order. Make sure you don't have too much crit rate or too little ER in your substats. Obviously she needs a cryo goblet.

As for her talents, you should just triple crown her. For now, the burst has priority, then normal attacks and finally the skill.

Nice. Thats the weapon (R3) I have given her right now. I have her on 2 Pc Blizz and 2 Pc Noblesse right now. Need to farm for better artifacts.

Saber

Gold Member
Do I need her BiS weapon or any other will do? I have every other sword except the one in banner now.

I'm not a whaler, so I'm gonna suggest you top 5-star weapons. Though if you happen to have one from random standart banner then you could use it.

Used to equip her with either Flute or that red sword that does splash and increases ATK. Both of them have ATK as substat so thats a win in my book. Between them I would pick the red sword for easy AOE and atk boost. Just active the effect before using burst. You could use Sacrificial as well I guess...if you want to spam skill that is.
That Amenoma could work...never tried to be honest but it also gives Atk% as substat and its effect gives you energy back(good in practice for burst spam).

crumbs

These last few character banners have been so underwhelming that I finally broke down and pulled on the weapon banner. I was able to get the Mistsplitter at 50 wishes, so I consider that an success.

I also was able to R5 my Bell, which is also a thing that happened :messenger_expressionless:

crumbs

No way I gonna pull on those weapon banners.

Without the new 4* weapons I don't have interess.
Yes, this was the first time I pulled on the weapons banner with the goal of getting a specific 5-star weapon. It worked out this time, but I doubt my luck will last.

The only other weapon banner I invested in was the one featuring the Wandering Eveningstar and Xiphos Moonlight as new limited 4-star weapons.

Pejo

Wuthering Waves just started accepting applications for closed beta, if anyone is interested.

Visually it doesn't seem as interesting as Genshin, and I think the character designs are pretty boring so far, but the dev's other game that I play has excellent combat, so I'm at least going to try it out.

Top Bottom